PDA

View Full Version : Custom Firmware 5.03GEN-B for HEN out!

wraggster
November 2nd, 2009, 21:13
News via pspita (http://www.psp-ita.com/?module=news&id=33215&view_reply=1)/pspgen (http://www.pspgen.com/custom-firmware-5-03gen-b-for-hen-psp-3000-article-190688-1.html)

Although a slight delay, the team in January released the awaited update of the Custom Firmware 5.03GEN B, reserved for holders of PSP-2000 with TA-088v3 and PSP-3000 with official firmware 5.03 and then be able to execute arbitrary code certified by the ChickHEN Team Typhoon. With this update you can start UMD / ISO require at least firmware 5:55 without recourse to any procedure patch.
More in full.

Installation - Notes:

Quote:

Requirements:
- 2000 with TA-088v3 PSP or PSP-3000 with firmware Journal 5:03
- ChickHEN R2: For installation you can refer to > THIS < Help

.: Installation:.:
• Extract the contents of the PC
• Copy the folder 5.03GEN-B in PSP / GAME
• Start the Quick Updater 5.03GEN-B present in the Game> Memory Stick
• Once the update program will have three options:
-- install the update
-- to restore the original version.txt
-- to exit the
• Press the button then 5.03GEN to install the CF-B
• After installation, press to restart the PSP

.: The novelty of 5.03GEN CF-B:.
• Compatible with PSP-3000 and PSP-2000 firmware v3 with official 5.03.
• Compatibility with titles PSX (POPS).
• Compatibility with the UMD / Backup protected.
• Compatibility with the UMD / Backup that require FW 5.55 +
• Available on Jan VSHMenu.
• Access to Recovery through the VSHMenu.

Known bugs:
- The demo of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker still does not work (note: there is talk of the first demo)
- The recovery was not fixata, as in the GEN-A

.: Functions of the Recovery Menu:.
- Toggle USB (working)
- Configuration:
• Skip Sony Logo (not working)
• Hide Corrupt Icons (not working)
• Game Folder Homebrew (working)
• Autorun EBOOT (working)
• Fake Region (working)
• Use VSH menu (working)
• XMB USB Device (working)
• USB Charge (working)
• M33/GEN Network Update (working)
• Use Version.txt (working)
• MAC Address Hide (working)
- Game Categories (working)
- Reboot with OFW (not working)
- Run program at Advanced Menu
- Advanced CPU Speed
- CPU SPEED Plugins
- Plugins Registry hacks
- Registry hack Suspend device
- Suspend device Reboot en firmware officiel
- Reset system Quit

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

ffcloud2000
November 3rd, 2009, 00:19
Just wanted to mention that no you don't need to install Gen A before installing Gen B but you should uninstall the previous cfw beforehand otherwise you might end up running into issues like running out of flash space

And now.. i was wondering if they actually have IRShell working for hen gen or not?

FishCleaner
November 3rd, 2009, 02:01
I think I found a bug. I tried putting a "clean" .CSO file of "Shin Megami Tensei - Persona" on my PSP 3000, and no matter what I tried, I couldn't get it to actually run properly. Whenever I load it, the screen turns completely black, then it turns red for about 1 second and then it turns black again. However, the PSP isn't frozen. Sometimes the "Memory Stick Access Indicator" light flashes a bit, and I can still exit the game. But it still won't actually load (meaning I can't play it).

I just found another bug. If you install CFW 5.03 GEN-B and uninstall it (like I did by accident), then you try installing it again, it'll just act (the installer/loader, I mean) as if it is still installed, and it will only load whatever CFW is currently on there rather than provide you with a list of options, such as the choice to reinstall it. I've tried everything I could think of to be able to reinstall it, but nothing worked!

Viral Decadent
November 3rd, 2009, 16:12
I think I found a bug. I tried putting a "clean" .CSO file of "Shin Megami Tensei - Persona" on my PSP 3000, and no matter what I tried, I couldn't get it to actually run properly. Whenever I load it, the screen turns completely black, then it turns red for about 1 second and then it turns black again. However, the PSP isn't frozen. Sometimes the "Memory Stick Access Indicator" light flashes a bit, and I can still exit the game. But it still won't actually load (meaning I can't play it).

I just found another bug. If you install CFW 5.03 GEN-B and uninstall it (like I did by accident), then you try installing it again, it'll just act (the installer/loader, I mean) as if it is still installed, and it will only load whatever CFW is currently on there rather than provide you with a list of options, such as the choice to reinstall it. I've tried everything I could think of to be able to reinstall it, but nothing worked!

Do you have your iso driver set correctly, also do you have plain modules disabled? All of this is in the recovery menu advanced settings btw. It's not healthy to spot out bugs that aren't bugs sir. Also, they don't have to provide you with a list -.-

FishCleaner
November 11th, 2009, 09:06
Do you have your iso driver set correctly, also do you have plain modules disabled? All of this is in the recovery menu advanced settings btw. It's not healthy to spot out bugs that aren't bugs sir. Also, they don't have to provide you with a list -.-
Sorry about that...

I guess I didn't know that those weren't bugs. Yes, the plain modules were disabled, and I tried all of the available ISO drivers.

Eventually, I seemed to have resolved both situations. But I have no idea how I got it to actually play the game. Also, I found out how to reinstall GEN-B (which was a very simple process that I was unaware of).