PDA

View Full Version : PSPsms 0.3a1

wraggster
June 3rd, 2006, 12:38
Floppydrive has released a new version of his SMS sending software written in Lua, heres whats new:

SMS Send function has been remapped to the left trigger
Now works with new versions of LuaPlayer
Code re-written to increase overall speed
Various bug fixes

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via floppydrive (http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=52764&page=1&pp=10)

mog
June 4th, 2006, 03:05
What's wrong with lua?
I've never tried to write a program using luascript (or whatever it's called) but it looks nice and easy to use.

I was trying to understand why pspsms doesnt work for us in the UK.
Heres the line that seems to cause the problem:

if string.len(to) ~= 10 then error("cell number too short",2) end

I don't really understand what the tilde-equals (~=) opperator does, but it still seems to suggest it would work if the phone number was longer than 10 digits... UK mobile numbers are 11 digits long... :confused:

Oh well, hopefully this will work one day...
The site it goes through to send the message to mobile phones seems to suggest it works anywhere in the world... :)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
June 4th, 2006, 14:16
STILL doesnt work in the uk we need this fixing ASA.:)

pepegomez
June 4th, 2006, 22:35
does it work for different countries now?

ukcuf16
June 5th, 2006, 01:04
I wish sum1 would make sumthin like this but not for lua player

but still lookin forward to it

10shu
June 5th, 2006, 04:30
how does it work? u need to connect to the web or to a mobile phone?
there s not a lot of info on the readme file...

StealthCP
June 5th, 2006, 09:29
ukcuf, it's a lot easier to make programs for Lua than C++ - I used to dislike Lua as well, then I realized there are far too many useful apps to complain about it.

pepegomez
June 5th, 2006, 09:33
i looked trough the code and saw that it actually sends something to a webserver with a html or php code.
and i still wonder why theres a "cell number too short" error message but not a "cell number is to long" message?!
thats why im getting here in germany

Briggzy11
June 6th, 2006, 01:02
This is extremely useful to American's I suppose atm however even though I live in the UK I managed to use this by plugging my WIFI MAX and sending a text to a friend of mine in the USA (Well my Ex :D) and she managed to get my text too. I do not have a clue what server this runs on though to send the texts but I may suggest for the UK version to use CBFSMS as this is also a free text service.

My score for this program N/A (Still waiting for UK support)

mavsman4457
June 6th, 2006, 01:31
what number do people use to send messages back to you? does it assign you one?

June 24th, 2006, 03:22
how do i get this to work? wat do i need to do

kloy
July 15th, 2006, 05:00
I can't figure this out. I'm in America and I'm trying to send a message to my cell as a tester, and I send it, but it never goes to my phone. Will someone from America please give me a step-by-step instruction on how to work it!!

NoQuarter
September 4th, 2006, 06:29
I can't get the text messaging to work either anybody got it to work?:(Email works fine though.

batmanix
August 30th, 2007, 01:38
how installll this shit it never send the message