PDA

View Full Version : PSP Flash Auto Installer v1.0 by Shallan

wraggster
June 3rd, 2006, 12:53
Shallan (http://www12.asphost4free.com/shallan/) posted a new release for those with 2.7 + firmware:

PSP Flash Auto Installer v1.0 by Shallan 2/6/06

This program will allow you to distribute flash content (or indeed any browser content) that will autoinstall onto the users PSP. Simply put your file/files into the data folder and change the setup.ini accordingly. Below is an explanation of the setup.ini file, included in this package is my game xword as an example ( I used this as it MUST be installed in the correct place to work).

title=Xword -> Title displayed on the installer and also in the bookmarks
path=PSP/Xword/ -> Path to copy data to on the PSP must terminate in a /
start=PSPXword.swf -> the file to run when the bookmark is clicked

The only requirement is that the user has their PSP plugged in obviously and has at least one bookmark else the installer just quits.

This should hopefully stem the steady flow of "how do I install this" questions and also simplify bookmark setups.

Mac version should follow in a few days once I can get on a Mac to test it. Note this will work on most versions of Windows but it wont work on NT4.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Forever~Zero
June 4th, 2006, 09:47
crap. that would be like my only motivation for upgrading. Man I want to download all my favorite flash games on there so I don't have to be online. Any homebrew flash support for us 2.0 and earlier holdouts?

Umm the PSP flash is only on micromedia flash 6. Some of your favourites might not work if they are on a higher flash version.

BSEmil
June 4th, 2006, 15:59
...good idea,
ok for the first release.

i wish it would be a bit more automatic...
there´s no difference between editing the config and writing in the browser...how about a menu...
regards emil

gsyph0
June 4th, 2006, 19:54
okay...so the flash apps go into the browser then? I thought the browser (I'm on 2.0) couldn't support flash...or does this program fix that?

a little lost here

Stew2000
June 4th, 2006, 20:31
V2.70 + 2.71 supports flash.

gsyph0
June 5th, 2006, 01:11
crap. that would be like my only motivation for upgrading. Man I want to download all my favorite flash games on there so I don't have to be online. Any homebrew flash support for us 2.0 and earlier holdouts?

Shallan
June 6th, 2006, 16:33
UPDATE : Mac version now available for download at Mac Auto Flash Installer (http://www12.asphost4free.com/shallan/utils/mac_installer.zip)

I have packaged this as a .zip rather than a .sit to allow PC developers to add/remove files from the archive so they can still distibute their content for macs to install. PC owners DO NOT unpack this and repack expecting this to work again on a mac, windows will corrupt some data in the .osx file and the xtras folder and prevent it from running.

Mac users : Simply follow the same instructions from the PC version but run setup.osx rather than setup.exe and do not remove the xtras folder it is used to power the installer.

ftrstyle
June 27th, 2006, 20:21
Im really retard can you explain in more detail im lost sorry, and thanks in advanced

thacrazypimp2
July 14th, 2006, 01:29
what is a bookmark

Dunpeal1978
July 31st, 2006, 00:43
Is this a program that I run on my desktop to download flash games to my psp?

tip
August 6th, 2006, 06:20
can you explain what it does and how to do it in more detail please?:confused:

halo 007
August 13th, 2006, 21:16
The program your using to run flash hombrew
why not a flash homebrew downgrader or
downloading a new firmware upgrader put it
on your cpu alter it to a 1.50 downgrade
tricking the psp into upgrading but dongrading
but since 2.71 dont use a EBOOT.pbp

halo 007
August 13th, 2006, 21:19
well you cant use an xploit with 2.71 try using
flash hombrew menu and make your own downgrader

halo 007
August 13th, 2006, 21:23
please quote me if im wrong

darkest_god
August 22nd, 2006, 23:36
Umm the PSP flash is only on micromedia flash 6. Some of your favourites might not work if they are on a higher flash version. yeah and what games would those be? cause i just so happen to have a psp i would like to try flash games i mean since i can lol:p

Elias Picazo
September 29th, 2006, 06:02
i have a psp with the version 2.81.... i want to watch videos on the net... it says in need a kind of media player... what should i get and where can i get it?

goaliedude
September 29th, 2006, 12:33
The program your using to run flash hombrew
why not a flash homebrew downgrader or
downloading a new firmware upgrader put it
on your cpu alter it to a 1.50 downgrade
tricking the psp into upgrading but dongrading
but since 2.71 dont use a EBOOT.pbp
OK reason 1 y this wont happen. The flash on the psp's browser cannot access the kernel therefore cannot rewrite any of the firmware data. I think u were mistaken with flashing the psp wich simply put is rewriting or modifiying the files in flash0 and flash1

goaliedude
September 29th, 2006, 12:41
i have a psp with the version 2.81.... i want to watch videos on the net... it says in need a kind of media player... what should i get and where can i get it?

For that u need a wireless base station wich costs 200$!! Almost as much as the psp not worth it. n y did u update nooo. with the libtiff exploit an eloader for 2.8 is growing always nearer nvrmind none a my business ne ways hope that answers ur question
btw srry 4 the double post:eek: my bad

koolploppy
October 8th, 2006, 21:54
Hey
I dont know why but i cant downloa the file it tells me there is an error can u tell me pls why?And can u pls tell me how to change te ini file more I am a newb.

MBaller20
October 8th, 2006, 21:59
Will this work on my psp 2.80?

Cloudhunter
October 8th, 2006, 22:34
Will this work on my psp 2.80?
Yes as you don't have to run anything on your PSP as far as I know.

Condolences on the 2.80 :P

koolploppy
October 9th, 2006, 15:28
Hi can u pls explain to me more how to do this I did everything it said and i still dont know how to launch it in my psp I am a noob so pls explain for me the steps more

chicanobom8777
November 14th, 2006, 14:06
I've gotten more info off this web site . best site ever .....

chicanobom8777
November 14th, 2006, 14:08
cool

THE DEMON
January 6th, 2007, 10:01
A bookmark is when a web address is saved so you can go back to it l8ter

THE DEMON
January 6th, 2007, 10:01
:)
what is a bookmark
A bookmark is when a web address is saved so you can go back to it l8ter

re_animate
January 20th, 2007, 11:10
Shallan (http://www12.asphost4free.com/shallan/) posted a new release for those with 2.7 + firmware:

PSP Flash Auto Installer v1.0 by Shallan 2/6/06

This program will allow you to distribute flash content (or indeed any browser content) that will autoinstall onto the users PSP. Simply put your file/files into the data folder and change the setup.ini accordingly. Below is an explanation of the setup.ini file, included in this package is my game xword as an example ( I used this as it MUST be installed in the correct place to work).

title=Xword -> Title displayed on the installer and also in the bookmarks
path=PSP/Xword/ -> Path to copy data to on the PSP must terminate in a /
start=PSPXword.swf -> the file to run when the bookmark is clicked

The only requirement is that the user has their PSP plugged in obviously and has at least one bookmark else the installer just quits.

This should hopefully stem the steady flow of "how do I install this" questions and also simplify bookmark setups.

Mac version should follow in a few days once I can get on a Mac to test it. Note this will work on most versions of Windows but it wont work on NT4.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
hey ill give you MX flash 8 pro if you help me develope a psp downgrader using flash (project ive been working on) all i need is a few people who know flash actionscript...

email me or add me on msn at

[email protected]

creggC
January 27th, 2007, 06:03
can some one post a link! im new at this and i need a hombrew installer for my 2.71

Cloudhunter
January 27th, 2007, 15:25
hey ill give you MX flash 8 pro if you help me develope a psp downgrader using flash (project ive been working on) all i need is a few people who know flash actionscript...

email me or add me on msn at

[email protected]

Impossible.

lambman
January 28th, 2007, 13:28
Ple ! i have ben trying to donload flash games for my PSP and i have no clue how to ! ple some help me. i keep the flash game files in the PSP game folder but on the PSP it said Corrupted Data ! PLE i need Help .

Thank You