PDA

View Full Version : PSPMSX: MSX Emulator for PSP v1.0.1

aries2k4
June 2nd, 2006, 15:19
Emus, emus, and more emus, your a one man porting machine. Which is great because I like old school games. Thanks for another one.

aries2k4
June 2nd, 2006, 15:21
oops double post

zx-81
June 3rd, 2006, 14:28
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspmsx-snap-1.jpg

Hi All,

fMSX is a famous emulator of the MSX, MSX2, and MSX2+ 8bit home computers.
It runs MSX/MSX2/MSX2+ software on many different platforms including Windows and Unix.
See http://fms.komkon.org/fMSX/ for further informations.

It has been first written by Marat Fayzullin, and later Vincent van Dam ported it on SDL.

I sucessfully modified, and port the source code of the version 2.7.0.40 of fMSX-SDL from
Vincent van Dam, and it works fine now on PSP !

It has been developped on linux for Firmware 2.5 using the great GTA eloader (0.97) from
http://www.fanjita.org/, but it should work properly on other firmwares. I've integrated a 1.5FW
binary version (kxploit).

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

It's a first beta release and work still remain (save state etc ...). It supports only ROMs
for MSX1 or MSX2 series (files with .rom extention), but not disk images !

Sources are included, and are distributed under "Marat Fayzullin's license" for the original MSX part,
and under GNU license for all the PSP part.

PS: Special thanks to Danzel and Jeff Chen for their virtual keyboard, and to all PSPSDK developpers.

Enjoy, :D

Zx.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

crowba
June 3rd, 2006, 14:37
dude you must be crazy :) are there any emulators left that hasent been ported by you :D

Briggzy11
June 3rd, 2006, 14:54
plz a atari 7800 emulator...Im asking because it seems your the only 1 that can do it haha your fantastic and so is this emulator...

...keep up the good work!

Zion
June 3rd, 2006, 15:02
Another great port! Keep it up man! :p

zx-81
June 4th, 2006, 11:12
Now heres what I don't understand...

Illegal Machine, i can't answer your PM, i've a message like this :
[QUOTE]This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between sending private messages. Please try again in 49336 seconds.[QUOTE]

So i would be able to answer your MP in 34 days lol !

zx-81
June 4th, 2006, 11:15

Sorry i can't answer you pm, i've an error saying that i've to wait for more than 49000 sec before sending another pm :o :o :o So i will answer you in 34 days lol ...

parsifal968
June 4th, 2006, 11:39
one of the best psp coders, no doubt.
what missing the psp emu scene:

Totally absent:
VIC20
PS1

A port that don't suck:
Amiga
GBA
Spectrum

Considering MAME is on fast progress, no other emu are required.

zx-81
June 4th, 2006, 15:16
i think its time you added a donate link to your releases :)

I've got one on my blog ;)

BTW, i've added the save state feature in the new release (1.0.2). I'm working on another emu now :) (but may be the last).

crossfadeking
June 4th, 2006, 17:55
your a legend.
thank you so much man.

will you be changing this so it can play .dsk files?
and adding a save state?

gunntims0103
June 4th, 2006, 18:25
to ma fav coder great work

wraggster
June 4th, 2006, 19:19
bloody hell, do you ever sleep :)

Nice to see MSX emulation revitalised on the PSP :)

pity the PSP didnt have allegro libs, my personal hope to see emulator is a virtual Boy emu even if slow

THanks again for another great release :)

7th-son
June 4th, 2006, 19:47
i hope seeing a more complete version of fmsx on the PSP. I've been looking forward to this a long time!

Next update dsk image support and fmpac? ;)

StealthCP
June 4th, 2006, 19:55
Stop it, STOP!!! You are making far too many emus, and eventually there will be an exploit in the code that everyone in the world playing one of your emus (e.g. 50%) will have their PSP taken out of their control and will attempt to TAKE OVER OUR INTERNET.

I have waited so long for proper MSX emulation for the PSP. You have ported everything useful to me. Seeing as you're an expert on changing source code, why not try a basic PS1 emulator? ePSXe seems to be the most compatible one and runs on Linux, so mabye it'd be easier to port instead of PSXeven. I do not care if it is slow, that is no excuse. Just make it anyway, it's another emu, for gods sake! What else is there to port?

zx-81
June 4th, 2006, 20:03
your a legend.
thank you so much man.

will you be changing this so it can play .dsk files?
and adding a save state?

Save state doesn't seem too hard to do, but read dsk files is not really well done in this emu (as far as i've seen). It may be unstable, but who cares ... ? :)

zx-81
June 4th, 2006, 20:14
I have waited so long for proper MSX emulation for the PSP. You have ported everything useful to me. Seeing as you're an expert on changing source code, why not try a basic PS1 emulator? ePSXe seems to be the most compatible one and runs on Linux, so mabye it'd be easier to port instead of PSXeven. I do not care if it is slow, that is no excuse. Just make it anyway, it's another emu, for gods sake! What else is there to port?

I'm not sure, but ePSXe is not opensource ? :confused: :confused:

Illegal Machine
June 4th, 2006, 21:06

ther other day, someone requested an atari 2600 emu, to which you refused stating that there was already an atari 2600 emu (presumably stella)

now heres where I get confused because the PSP already has 2 MSX emulators, for at least a year now..

So why did you port this one, considering MSX and fMSX were already out, and not atari 2600 when someone requested it?

zx-81
June 4th, 2006, 21:10

ther other day, someone requested an atari 2600 emu, to which you refused stating that there was already an atari 2600 emu (presumably stella)

now heres where I get confused because the PSP already has 2 MSX emulators, for at least a year now..

So why did you port this one, considering MSX and fMSX were already out, and not atari 2600 when someone requested it?

Because i didn't succeed to make them work on 2.5FW, and they didn't offer all the features we have (will have) here ;).

crossfadeking
June 4th, 2006, 21:17
can mutiple disk files be merged to create a rom file?
that would be cool!
i really want to play snatcher and sd snatcher as i have found good english translations.

djamm
June 4th, 2006, 22:34
Oh My God!

Another emulator! Too Retro -=wicked grin=-

In terms of the atari computer that I mentioned, yeah someone (Aenea) did a "quick and dirty port" last sept. and have not followed it up...check it out...

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/atari800psp.shtml

Personally I just want to see a better version, as it was a great computer to me....The good old days...

Either that, or a ZX-81 or Spectrum emulator...

Keep up the fantastic work...

Cheers,

-=djamm=-

zx-81
June 4th, 2006, 23:07
Oh My God!

Another emulator! Too Retro -=wicked grin=-

In terms of the atari computer that I mentioned, yeah someone (Aenea) did a "quick and dirty port" last sept. and have not followed it up...check it out...

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/atari800psp.shtml

Personally I just want to see a better version, as it was a great computer to me....The good old days...

Either that, or a ZX-81 or Spectrum emulator...

Keep up the fantastic work...

Cheers,

-=djamm=-

i will have a look on it ;)

wraggster
June 5th, 2006, 00:16
i think everyone should thank zx81 for his excellent work rather than whine about not porting this or that emulator, he has done so many releases lately and lets be fair all of them take a lot of work

under_0ath777
June 5th, 2006, 00:39
Stop it, STOP!!! You are making far too many emus, and eventually there will be an exploit in the code that everyone in the world playing one of your emus (e.g. 50%) will have their PSP taken out of their control and will attempt to TAKE OVER OUR INTERNET.

WOW!, why dont you get off your lazy ass and port some games or EVEN CODE LUA! PLAYSTATION IS A TOUGHER TASK THAN YOU THINK! Sure i want a decent gba emulator but the wont happen since the psp can't exceed 333mhz, plus sony is gonna make a PS1 emulator and we could use the new modchip to play it!

zx-81
June 5th, 2006, 00:49
i think everyone should thank zx81 for his excellent work rather than whine about not porting this or that emulator, he has done so many releases lately and lets be fair all of them take a lot of work

thanks wraggster :). BTW, a little rest might do me good :)

wraggster
June 5th, 2006, 01:00
i think its time you added a donate link to your releases :)