PDA

View Full Version : q3dm7.bsp

coo
June 4th, 2006, 19:10
i extracted this map from pak0.pk3 from the quake 3 demo and put it into iris

no textures yet but it still looks cool!

sroon
June 4th, 2006, 19:21
Alrite Great!!
This would be cool with textures.

coo
June 4th, 2006, 19:56
i'm working on that now

coo
June 4th, 2006, 20:38
the textures are mixed tga and jpg files

and i don't want to have to convert them

gunntims0103
June 4th, 2006, 20:40
great lookin map

webboy
June 4th, 2006, 21:38
nice, downloading it now to try

coo
June 4th, 2006, 21:50
just so you guys know, i didn't create this map i just extracted the pak0.pk3 from the quake 3 demo and put it into iris

this map was made by ID and the Quake 3 team

coo
June 4th, 2006, 22:02
looking a little better, but i can only load like 2 tga files

here are the textures and mapobjects if anyone wants to convert them to .tga files

Be3f
June 8th, 2006, 10:52
I'll copy my posts to this thread...

[just downloaded IRIS 0.2 fix]
I've had some experimens with q3bsp maps with IRIS 0.2.
Original Quake3 Arena maps loaded and worked fine, but with no textures (IRIS engine still doesn't support jpeg textures, only targa ) and heavy visual artifacts with Bezier surfaces - they are visualised as primitive and buggy wireframe; it would be great, if IRIS engine supported NURBS (PSP suppots it's hardware acceleration!)
RtCW maps loaded and worked too! Tried AM's Alice maps, but IRIS always crashes while loading :(

[few days later]
Thanks 4 Sn!per - using Irfan View, I've converted all textures to tga and loaded all Q3Arena maps: most textures are still visualised incorrectly (I don't know the reason) and most features don't work (for textures - alpha channel, multitexturing, procedures, lights, mipmapping...), but looks sweet!
Framerate is high - ~40FPS. My dream is full Q3 (game) port on PSP... Such as Q2 port...

[NOW =)]
I've uploaded my converted textures archive 4everyone here:
http://www.ftp.nu/files/4366/

coo
June 8th, 2006, 20:31
thanks for doing all the dirty work be3f!

Buddy4point0
June 15th, 2006, 02:16
i did this with this map and a cuple more a while back but i dont really care about textures for them they look kinda cool in white but i gess thats just me