PDA

View Full Version : Bricking by update

SSaxdude
June 4th, 2006, 14:03
My guess is no. If they bricked your PSP, then if you didn't buy another PSP you would not buy their games anymore.

IndianCheese
June 4th, 2006, 19:52
I heard that in Sony's new updates, they can detect if the flash was written to by a non-update program (like custom gameboots, boot sounds, etc.), and if so, will purposely brick the PSP "as punishment". Is this true (or partially true)?

DirtyDevil
June 4th, 2006, 20:17
i think it's veeeeeeeeeeeery unlikley i mean c'mon we're talking about a major corporation,they wouldn't do that,imagine the law-suits........

Zion
June 4th, 2006, 20:47
Yeah i doubt they would go that far. Like Dirty-devil said the lawsuits would be huge! :p

pkmaximum
June 4th, 2006, 21:01
Could you blame Nintendo they were always on top when it came to hand held consuls even if they were way worse. Like NEO GEO Pocket vs. GBC. Come on NEO GEO Was way more high tech but GBC conquered still. And then they releases the Nintendo DS and the PSP owns it. Nintendo is probaly desperate to crush SONY. And sends out fake press to ruin SONY at all costs :P

V3N0M
June 4th, 2006, 22:26
They arn't about to sink that low. Actualy there plan to get rid of Homebrew is already in affect by getting you to update for serrten reasons like New games,PS1 emu, web browser.

shadowprophet
June 4th, 2006, 23:49
I heard that in Sony's new updates, they can detect if the flash was written to by a non-update program (like custom gameboots, boot sounds, etc.), and if so, will purposely brick the PSP "as punishment". Is this true (or partially true)? To be honest, I myself wouldnt put it past sony,
However, if this where true it would be the end of sony,
If someone could proove that sony knowingly destroied someones property (and believe me if sony ever went to court, there updates would be examined in full by someone capible to tell of such, even as far as having to give up there digital signiture so somone may examine it) oh man, just the anti trust alone it would generate, would kill there entire buisness. not to meantion the money they would have to pay out would break them after they were sued for this.

DirtyDevil
June 5th, 2006, 00:00
haha i smell corporate war over here,i bet nintendo started the rumor.......joking :P
altho........who knows maybe they did

IndianCheese
June 6th, 2006, 19:33
Just out of curiosity...How did SSaxdude's post get higher than my original?

shadowprophet
June 6th, 2006, 22:32
Just out of curiosity...How did SSaxdude's post get higher than my original?
Um we had a forum bug the other day,
The maintainer of our network, changed some timeing settings for reason unknown to us.
Its all worked out now this, But it left a good reminder that it happened in missplaced posts everywhere :p

Accordion
June 7th, 2006, 10:40
this is probably just a confusion of the fact it is best to reset all your changes back to normal before you update