PDA

View Full Version : What Game Made You Cry The Most?

wraggster
November 5th, 2009, 15:31
Japan's Oricon Life polled 500 men between the ages of teen and 40-something about which games have made them cry the most and complied a list of the top five. Weepy drumroll please...

5. Mother 2
4. Clannad
3. Final Fantasy VII
2. Dragon Quest V
1. Final Fantasy X

What about you? What game made you bawl your flaccid heart out?

http://kotaku.com/5397628/what-game-made-you-cry-the-most

osgeld
November 5th, 2009, 16:19
none of the above

darthhaze420
November 5th, 2009, 16:49
perfect dark zero i could not believe i paid for it

symbal
November 5th, 2009, 17:14
I was genuinely upset when Aeris died in Final Fantasy VII.

yakumo
November 5th, 2009, 17:16
I have a very bad memory, but I'm sure I have cried with more than one game. But the one I remember right now is "Zelda: Link's Awakening". The fact that the people in the game were just product of the whale dream made me feel so sad, because I felt like those all people somehow died.

mike_jmg
November 5th, 2009, 17:24
none of the above.

FF7 Crisis Core, Zack dies, no matter how hard you try to beat all the Shinra Soldiers. It was really sad T_T

goshogun1
November 5th, 2009, 18:03
Final Fantasy Crisis Core did it. I knew it was going to happen, but it was just horrible. :(

Maybe the end of FF X.

ojdon
November 5th, 2009, 19:20
I've never cried in a game. D:

That's quite odd actually. Why is there never any heart wrenching storylines in Video Games.

madcat1990
November 5th, 2009, 19:22
Ff3

Insomniac-Evolution
November 5th, 2009, 19:37
None, maybe when younger and cried of frustration from being stuck on a game, or killing a boss for example lol anger turned to emotion, you know!

inlovewithi
November 5th, 2009, 20:24
None. Though I do remember back in 92 I was really bumbed out and sad because I was finally for the 1st time going to fight Jaws, in Jaws for the NES, and my sister hit my Nintendo by mistake. I was so devastated and felt so horrible and unlucky. It was actually a horrible situation.

darkriku2000
November 5th, 2009, 21:39
I've never really cried, but multiple games have emotionally effected me. Three that come to mind would be:

1)Legend of Dragoon, when Lavitz dies
2)FFVII, When Aeris dies
3)Drakanguard (not quite sure how to spell it) at multiple points.

Oh and (yes I know this is a 4th one) God Of War: Chains of Olympus, when Kratos is in Hades with his daughter and he has to push her away to go save all of existence. To be honest, it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't make you do it

MadBomber
November 5th, 2009, 22:33
Xenosaga 3...after playing all three games you grow fond of them, and the ending with Jin fending off and sacrificing himself for everyone else...kinda unexpectedly sad

redsyrup
November 6th, 2009, 07:03
I finished this game back in 2004 using ZSnes and a patched rom by dejap 98% translated into English. Those guys did such a good job the water works flowed twice. I've been a DQ fan ever since and Enix owes that to dejap! Thanks fellas.

acn010
November 6th, 2009, 07:10
Final Fantasy 7, wasnt expecting aeris killed by Sephiroth.. that scene made me shed tears for a bit... i loved here :'(

Qmark
November 6th, 2009, 08:10
Force Unleashed.
I dearly, dearly miss the sixty bucks I pissed away on that turd.

fpcreator2000
November 6th, 2009, 18:10
No games have ever made me cry because I'm in a "This is just a game" mentality. Games back in the day didn't emotionally bring out anything in me. I had the same reaction to video games as I had to remote control cars, "This shit is fun!!!!!", but that is as far as it goes for now. Silent Hill 1 made me jump a couple of times.

As game stories become more meaningful, deep, and graphics improve, then I might feel something as a sad emotion, but as of right now, no game has ever made me cry.

armyStrong
November 6th, 2009, 22:59
I have a very bad memory, but I'm sure I have cried with more than one game. But the one I remember right now is "Zelda: Link's Awakening". The fact that the people in the game were just product of the whale dream made me feel so sad, because I felt like those all people somehow died.

oh man! yeah, it's been years, but I distinctly remember getting a little misty at the end...

yakumo
November 12th, 2009, 18:35
Update: I just finished Crysis Core. I really cried... I think I am too much sensible.

VampDude
November 12th, 2009, 18:46
Update: I just finished Crysis Core. I really cried... I think I am too much sensible.

You mean sensitive, NOT sensible.