PDA

View Full Version : Loco Roco Commercial Game Demo (English)

wraggster
June 4th, 2006, 19:44
First off thanks to PSPVault (http://www.psp-vault.com/Article583.psp)for this file and info.

This is the English game demo for the Commercial Game Loco Roco, heres the release details:

This is the European (English language) demo version of Loco Roco, provided by PSP-Vault member koppite. It will also work on PSPs from other regions, such as USA and Japan.

It requires firmware 2.71 or above to run on your PSP.

After you unzip this archive, you will have a "UCES00304" folder. Place this folder inside of your "PSP\GAME\" folder.

To launch the demo on your PSP, navigate to "Game," choose "Memory Stick," then choose the icon for "Loco Roco Downloadable Demo."

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Hawkeyefile
June 5th, 2006, 06:15
great now hombrew is moving on to the comercial market, i thought that is where we where trying to get away from.

titch.ryan
June 5th, 2006, 17:59
this isnt homebrew its a demo of a new/future release on psp and can only run on the new 2.7 or is it 2.71 firmware

shrimpidy
June 5th, 2006, 23:34
is the demo worth downloading? I want to keep my homebrew.:)

pepegomez
June 5th, 2006, 23:47
haha lol i demanded a free demo umd of this. but it seems i wotn be able to use it since its 2.71 ^^
ill inform u about any future progress

jackizle
June 6th, 2006, 21:35
wow thats amazing

Mr. Shizzy
June 7th, 2006, 06:44
is the demo worth downloading? I want to keep my homebrew.:)

:confused: Dude you couldn't possibly be considering updating for a free demo. If you have version 2.7 or 2.71 firmware your basically f***ed on doing anything cool. Don't be fooled by the cheap tactics of SONY kids.
Stick withyour lower formwares. There isn't practically anything you can't do on a 1.5 with the help of the right homebrew application.:)

SSaxdude
June 7th, 2006, 22:27
I agree with Mr. Shizzy, 1.5 is and will always be the best. Also, how does this constitute as homebrew at all?

masonman
June 9th, 2006, 20:29
couldnt someone make a boot utility for us with old psps? somthing like genisis umd loader.

Mr. Shizzy
June 10th, 2006, 18:47
Not to get too far off topic, but speaking of LEGAL loaders is there any loader out there that will allow me to play my Fight Night 3 UMD? I traded my 2.6 in for a 1.5 and I still own my FN3 UMD. But the damn thigs impossible to launch on a 1.5. I've tried Genesis UMD loader and it won't work. I'm desparate to get it running. Anyone got any info?

Alemix
June 12th, 2006, 00:40
Loco Roco is very simple, but it was fun. It seems like something that could have been written in flash, or maybe even lua, so maybe someone will make a homebrew clone. I have a 1.5 and a 2.71, so it was no sweat having to upgrade (Best of both worlds). ;)

N.A.N.
June 12th, 2006, 05:54
u guys are just limiting yourselves...by stayin in 1,5 youll have to update sooner or later, besides by september sony will make the downloadable games for us. and if u dont update u will miss out on the psp pda feature version 3.0 u will then be able to use a psp camara and cell phone

Mr. Shizzy
June 12th, 2006, 08:49
u guys are just limiting yourselves...by stayin in 1,5 youll have to update sooner or later, besides by september sony will make the downloadable games for us. and if u dont update u will miss out on the psp pda feature version 3.0 u will then be able to use a psp camara and cell phone

Why would I eventually HAVE to update?
There is practically NOTHING a 2.7 can do that a 1.5 can't. (;) there are ways to play the newer games)
Hell there is a list a mile long of things a 1.5 can do that the 2.71 can't!!! I already own a cell phone, thanks. And that camera will be an add-on bud.
Believe me it will eventually be running though a hack on 1.5. Also they are working on a homebrew PS1 emulator for 1.5's. SONY has NOTHING in terms of incentive for me to update.

P.S.: They have a homebrew PDA for 1.5:)

the one and only
June 12th, 2006, 12:56
lol i bet N.A.N is the head of sony, lol silly spies.

ecto
June 13th, 2006, 10:18
muahah you're all fools! I have two PSPs, one that's 1.5 for all the homebrew and the other with 2.71! best of both world's cuz i'm rich and you're all suckers!

ecto
June 13th, 2006, 10:22
AND oh yeah! Loco Roco is the funnest game i've ever played on the PSP! suckerzzz!

Forever~Zero
June 13th, 2006, 10:57
Umm was those two post neccassary? No one gives a freaking dam how many PSPs you have.

the one and only
June 13th, 2006, 14:25
hmm yeah it was quite unneccesarry for two posts about ur 2 psp's...

mib_
June 14th, 2006, 20:35
hmm, I received a LocoRoco demo UMD and it only requires fw2.6.. it even has the 2.6 update on the disc.

I recevied the disc free when I ordered a UMD movie from play.com last Monday.

Gonna see if I can get it running on my 1.5 using the usual tricks. (devhook 0.41a)

Accordion
June 14th, 2006, 21:40
i played it on a friends psp

honestly it is charming but very boring, other than the controls its like any other platformer aimed at 5yr olds, i really wanted to like it, but nothing really happens, it would do alot better with motion sensing, or, better still if it was on the Wii(i still hate that name)

it would be alot better if the world could spin though 360 degrees in the plane it is in with multi layered platforms.

Zion
June 14th, 2006, 21:43
I agree

Mr. Shizzy
June 15th, 2006, 08:08
muahah you're all fools! I have two PSPs, one that's 1.5 for all the homebrew and the other with 2.71! best of both world's cuz i'm rich and you're all suckers!

Actually your the fool bud.You wasted $250 on that 2.71, b/c 1.5 can do everything it can do and so much more. Plus with an attitude like that don't expect too much help from anyone on the web site.

mr_nick666
June 15th, 2006, 12:21
hmm, I received a LocoRoco demo UMD and it only requires fw2.6.. it even has the 2.6 update on the disc.

I recevied the disc free when I ordered a UMD movie from play.com last Monday.

Gonna see if I can get it running on my 1.5 using the usual tricks. (devhook 0.41a)

Does it work then!??? :confused:

1.5 FOREVER! :D

mib_
June 15th, 2006, 21:05
Yes! I've got LocoRoco demo working on 1.5fw using DevHook0.41d

...time to try Outrun when I get my UMD back from the G/F. :D

pkmaximum
June 15th, 2006, 22:53
Alright Wraggster please don't get mad at me for doing this as I don't see this as piracy seeming its a demo of a PSP game and not a full PSP game its self. And as it is the DEMO is free. But if you must Wraggster I understand if you have to remove this.

Now people by using the new dev hook I was able to get a LOCO-ROCO ISO and No I'm not a pirate I was just interested in playing the demo. So I did SONY one better by using UMD gen I compressed this ISO to 7 mega bites! Then I used CSO to compress it to 5 mega bites. Now using the dev hook you can run this ISO. Sry wragster do not ban me for this as I just see it as people like us 1.5ers want to play the loco roco demo too. And its kind of fun ;)

RemixUnlimited
June 15th, 2006, 22:58
Hey buddy I am the one who gave you that iso.

pkmaximum
June 15th, 2006, 22:59
Shut up Remix he is just kidding around we are old friends. Even still nice way to enter the forum Remix :P

RemixUnlimited
June 15th, 2006, 23:07
I'm serious.

pkmaximum
June 15th, 2006, 23:09
Man you are making such a good name for your self on these forums Remix Unlimited. And telling a dcemu regular to get banned. Not making yourself look so good :P

RemixUnlimited
June 15th, 2006, 23:12
Oh lawd! please have mercy on his soul.

pkmaximum
June 16th, 2006, 00:00
I changed my mind I never met you in my life and stop spamming the forums. Wraggster please banned this noob and his I.P.

richman241
June 16th, 2006, 04:06
Its pretty weird. You try to make someone fat by eating flowers. Its not worth upgrading for.

pkmaximum
June 16th, 2006, 04:16
I know that is why I posted the ISO!!!

ace_t
June 16th, 2006, 11:42
Played it last night, game is pretty good. I'd definately buy it if I can play on my 1.5FW.

pkmaximum
June 16th, 2006, 17:07
Glad you enjoyed it, and Thank you Wraggster for understanding my point of view and not deleting the ISO file from the thread. Because Technically you own the legit backup if you just download the demo that SONY provided.

Accordion
June 16th, 2006, 19:17
erm
terms of use....

RemixUnlimited
June 16th, 2006, 19:53
I know that is why I posted the ISO!!!

That was given to you by me. :)

pkmaximum
June 17th, 2006, 03:48
Your still not banned *sigh*

Gargantula
June 18th, 2006, 12:46
I agree with Mr. Shizzy, 1.5 is and will always be the best. Also, how does this constitute as homebrew at all?

The little annoying thing about 1.5 is the Corrupt folders that appear, I have many things on my memory stick and the appearance of these folders are annoying. Any way of removing them or hiding them?

*Edit

I found out how in this forum, it's in my sig!

arseontoast
June 18th, 2006, 13:40
You can remove the folders with a certain homebrew, it's basically a thing called renamer.exe which renames the folders so they don't have corrupted data.

I can get the loco roco demo to appear in the umd place in the menu, but when I click it the screen goes black and after about 10 seconds the psp turns off.

SSaxdude
June 19th, 2006, 18:32
arseontoast try these settings
UMD select loco roco
umd mount any umd
Umd version 2.5> 2.xx (something like that)
firmware 2.0+2.5
cpu clock doesn't matter
boot select reboot xmb

Mods, I'm just helping this guy run the demo, please don't ban me.

I do have the renamer program so who can upload it here ill email it to them, email me first at [email protected]

RemixUnlimited
June 19th, 2006, 18:46
You can remove the folders with a certain homebrew, it's basically a thing called renamer.exe which renames the folders so they don't have corrupted data.

I can get the loco roco demo to appear in the umd place in the menu, but when I click it the screen goes black and after about 10 seconds the psp turns off.

You are using the dev hook to load it right? You need to have 2.5 emulation to run this one, you can't just use it like just any ISO.

SSaxdude
June 20th, 2006, 03:32
^^ Yes, dev hook is used for this iso.

pkmaximum
June 20th, 2006, 06:10
Dev Hook is just basically a universal tool for the PSP now, and all 1.5ers should have it.

Cap'n 1time
June 22nd, 2006, 16:34
programs like devhook wont be discussed here. sorry :(

pkmaximum
June 22nd, 2006, 18:07
programs like devhook wont be discussed here. sorry :(

Oh ya DEV Hook wich is a very Useful tool can't be discussed here but a MOD Chip that can run all ilegal ISO's wich I'm strongly against is aloud to be discussed here. Wow the amount of sense that makes is amazing.

RemixUnlimited
June 23rd, 2006, 05:19
I <3 devhook.

Cap'n 1time
June 23rd, 2006, 17:57
a modchip cant run ISO's... a modchip + iso loaders can. Stop the discussion of iso loaders and the modchip is no longer a threat.... makes sence to me.

sunjian
June 29th, 2006, 13:01
???

psp411
July 3rd, 2006, 01:07
LOL i learned that the hard way... i had a psp at fw 1.5 in the beginnin... then, not knowing of the homebrew scene, i upgraded it to 2.0. when it was there, i had the luxuary of playing both psp games and homebrews. I thought it was the life... untill i bought megaman. I had to update ma pspto fw 2.5 to play the game and i deciced to do so bcause i dint rly care so much for homebrews. after defeating the game in a couple of days, i found myself soo bored outta my mind of psp that i decided to buy gta for its infamous exploit that allowed you to run an eboot loader. at this time, i decided to upgrade to fw 2.6 and vowed to stay there for the sake of ma homebrew games. So as the months passed, i stayed on fw 2.6 missing my fw 1.5( i was dissappointed after going soo far of leaving the bomebrew scene.) well the other day, i found uot about the kexploit found in 2.5/2.6 adn was eager to see that some more bigger homebrew action was comming to the higher fw psps. after i got my hands on the downgrader made by dark_alex(ty btw) i immediately downgraded back to fw 1.5. now i have my original psp back and 1ve started to explore the depths of the homebrew world.

Gargantula
July 12th, 2006, 18:28
Yeah the Easy Downgrader is a real treat, ain't it? I love it!

MasterChafed
July 12th, 2006, 19:05
just wanted ot say thx for the loco roco demo man. I love it, didnt even kno that there was a demo that could be run on 1.5 until today. ;) thx.

tophead420
July 14th, 2006, 07:01
Actually your the fool bud.You wasted $250 on that 2.71, b/c 1.5 can do everything it can do and so much more. Plus with an attitude like that don't expect too much help from anyone on the web site.

LMFAO i totally agree what a dumass nice to see sum1 wastes money he must have never heard of a lil thing called dev hook <<< yea dev hook mmmmmmmm its nice to have 2 psps but y not save your money for umm maybe a few new games or something next time he does something like that he'll get his head out of his A** an do some research before wasting money :cool:

psp411
July 16th, 2006, 01:10
LOL my comment went in da worng place wow... anyways... ive tried this loco roco game and its okay. Not my prefrence of a game but its a game's free, then its free lol=P. (with no guilt on my conscience) BTW TOO BAD SONY!!!! you lose when it comes to my psp being apart of upgrading. go homebrew

keithush
July 16th, 2006, 17:29
I also tried the game, bit of fun but not really my type of game, more of an FPS player. I played it on my 1.5 psp using devhook 0.44, making my psp the latest version, it worked fine and now I am back on 1.5

cemboy
July 18th, 2006, 22:26
Well i f***ed up my PSP!!! I knew about homebrew, but my friends PSP got bricked. So i upgraded. Little did i know that my friend is a dumb jackass.

P.S. I hate my friend, as he recently broke my leg. B***ard

Briggzy11
July 20th, 2006, 09:40
Well I got the proper LocoRoco game after seeing this demo in action, I love it so much, I think its the graphics or the colors that I like to be honest I dont know, but its very addictive and the mini games are pretty decent too :D

pillsbdouboy
July 27th, 2006, 07:53
this game suks

crait
July 27th, 2006, 08:37
well
i have 3 psp's
and loco roco is an wesome game!
its sooo fun! i love it! imma buy the rea deal whenever it comes out

TeamOverload
July 27th, 2006, 17:10
well
i have 3 psp's
and loco roco is an wesome game!
its sooo fun! i love it! imma buy the rea deal whenever it comes out
Yeah same here...its nice to actual see something new and innovative on the PSP, instead of poorly done ports.

Ikemike8337
August 9th, 2006, 23:11
this game bites =( I got bored of it after I beat the little demo lvl 2 times.

acn010
August 9th, 2006, 23:15
this game bites =( I got bored of it after I beat the little demo lvl 2 times.
ha ha, dude, its just a demo man :D
wait till the real thing comes out, then youll enjoy it.
i love it so much, way to cute.
and and, the blobs are like yoooooooooon and bloooom there separated :D

Kramer
August 9th, 2006, 23:17
what do you mean when it comes out
its out everywhere isnt it

acn010
August 9th, 2006, 23:21
not here, american version iis coming out on December