PDA

View Full Version : At last a new monitor

Hawq
June 4th, 2006, 20:57
Well I say at last, I wasnt really crying out for one but the supermarket chain that gets in reasonably priced computer bits from time to time (Aldi in case you were wondering) has some LCD screens in so I've wound up with a nice 19" one. The only problem is adjusting to not needing my head turned to one side as the old crt wouldnt fit in front of me on the desk, gotta look at dual screen so I can browse the site & still be active in the chatroom as well (as active as I ever am in there anyway) & then its all good....
Well once I get more ram & a new GFX card so I can run Oblivion nicely, something like a 7800GS or the limited 7900 in agp maybe which would need a new psu & transplanting the system into a new case which means I have to wait to see if I can get a motherboard manual mailed to me, take note folks while a Medion PC may be reasonably priced you aint gonna get a manual for the mobo (kind of a handicap when wanting to move it into another case) oh yeah & Medion rivet the case on along two sides as well.
Also picked up a usb bluetooth dongle (dont ya just love that word? Dongle) so I can put stuff on my N-Gage QD finally, just need a mmc card to have more memory for things, till then it'll have to make do with just a few background wallpapers, currently the Nerv logo.
In closing if you read that then well done & my quest for a PSP is coming along nicely (yes I know its not been mentioned before but that line gives you all you need to catch up) I still dont know what firmware it is as it had no charge when I went into the shop but it should be mine within about a month & then I can join you fine fellows in mobile emulation on more than just my DS, hopefully.