PDA

View Full Version : s9xTYLmecm 09.11.06 - Snes Emulator for PSP

wraggster
November 6th, 2009, 22:22
News via http://www.aep-emu.de/PNphpBB2-file-viewtopic-t-13856.html

s9xTYLmecm is a port of the SNES emulator Snes9x for the Sony PSP.

Quote:

- PSP accr now corresponds to the way BG 2.4
- Changes to the debug menu

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

raptorman57
November 6th, 2009, 23:45
Great to see someone continues to improve this. Will we ever see PilotWings working properly again? Control has been lost after pulling the parachute chord for the last several iterations. Keep up the good work!

Veskgar
November 7th, 2009, 05:40
I tried Super Mario RPG with the last release and it was definitely faster but there were a lot of graphic glitches. Something is definitely being done to speed this emulator up. I just hope the glitches get smoothed out eventually. There needs to be a balance of speed/compatibility with and end objective of trying to get the 2 to meet half way with a near perfect emulator.

I am really psyched that this emulator has been worked on so much lately. I look forward to every release and encourage and hope that the work continues to build enthusiasm and excitement.

Thanks for the release, I'll be testing out lots of games.

israelg
November 7th, 2009, 06:48
What about Donkey Kong Country speed ?

lostless
November 7th, 2009, 07:38
donkey kong country runs much better, The first stage runs around 40 FPS but most other levels stay at full 60. I am using the latest snesadvance.dat file though which doesn't come with this emulator, so i don't know if thats making a difference.

demonolith
November 7th, 2009, 13:51
Donkey Kong Country has been running flawlessly for over a year now

Logitech1
November 7th, 2009, 15:15
lostless, try this emulotar without speedhacks. I'm not sure why but it seems that mecm runs better without snesadvance.dat

Veskgar
November 7th, 2009, 16:37
What about Donkey Kong Country speed ?

This game, as with Battletoads in Battlemaniacs runs at perfect speed if you set the IGNORE PALETTE WRITES ON in the speedhacks sub-menu.

SmashinGit
November 7th, 2009, 18:41
This game, as with Battletoads in Battlemaniacs runs at perfect speed if you set the IGNORE PALETTE WRITES ON in the speedhacks sub-menu.

Thanks for the tip Veskgar, didn't know about this.

DanTheManMS
November 8th, 2009, 01:43
The DKC series is special in that they require no speedhacks to work. They actually shutdown the CPU entirely themselves when work isn't being done. They're the only games I've seen that exhibit this behavior.

The only reason they have entries in the snesadvance.dat file is to suppress certain calls to the SPC engine so that the games will run in SNES Advance and Snezziboy.

pepperminty
November 8th, 2009, 03:02
wow people still working on snes emulators thats cool. so does this run better with the snesadvance.dat if so were can i get the latest snesadvance?

israelg
November 8th, 2009, 07:16
Thanks !!!