PDA

View Full Version : Freeplay: may soon get a PSP Go eLoader

wraggster
November 8th, 2009, 09:48
This could be stunning news for all those with a PSPGo and may even give the console quite a boost in sales from the homebrew community, heres the details from pspita (http://www.psp-ita.com/?module=news&id=33508&view_reply=1)

And 'now more than a month since Freeplay has shown us first exploits working on the new PSP Go Now the hackers are up to date on the progress of his work, according to his words, seems to be going very well. Through his YouTube channel, FreePlay said that the NID Resolver now works perfectly and, if it can get the source of a eLoader, soon may have a specific version for the PSP Go eLoader remember is simply a program that would drive most of our favorite homebrew.
We will keep you informed in case of further updates.

Freeplay's words:

Quote:

Making progress. My NID resolver is working flawlessly now. If I can get it to work with the eLoader Souci, we'll have an eLoader for the Go

SpaceAgeHero
November 8th, 2009, 13:43
Well FreePlay said earlier that he was not willing to share his exploit. So why would he now?

AFAIK this must be based on a savegame exploit. Since the PSP Go! has no UMD drive it must be a game which is available on the Playstation network, which sony can easily remove and patch the firmware.

On the other hand if it's a savegame exploit for a demo which is available freely for every PSP, there might be a chance.

Man, I wish Dark_AleX was around.

symbal
November 8th, 2009, 15:11
Bloody good news.

pspandrew2006
November 8th, 2009, 21:06
Very good news.

joshx1000
November 9th, 2009, 00:04
sounds awsome I might buy one imagine use a ps3 controller on psp homebrew.

the_eternal_dark
November 9th, 2009, 02:50
sounds awsome I might buy one imagine use a ps3 controller on psp homebrew.

My thoughts exactly, extremely useful with tv out and PS1 emu's.

:thumbup:

Hmmm, where to get one cheap now?

240-185
November 9th, 2009, 06:36
What you're looking for is called a "PS2".

NeoTechni
November 9th, 2009, 08:07
Friggen eh. I was hoping it'd be hacked in revenge for the lack of UMD

Paris/Tokyo
November 9th, 2009, 11:04
Nice. Maybe the day will come where you can transfer your UMDs from your old PSP to the Go? If that happens, the Go will become slightly more attractive.

symbal
November 9th, 2009, 17:25
Hopefully hacking this thing will slow down the inevitable loss of hard copies to digital distribution in the future, i'm not looking forward to the day i can't resell games, it benefits no-one but the developers.

Mr. Shizzy
November 9th, 2009, 17:48
If Freeplay releases this, I'm buying a PSP Go! :D

gamer4250
November 9th, 2009, 23:33
Whoa! I wonder if hacking this would also mean hacking some of the newer firmwares on the PSP 3000? I had to send mine in for repairs and it came back with 5.50 :(

I miss my Cave Story PSP :(

symbal
November 9th, 2009, 23:53
Yes Freeplay made a video showing the exploit working on all Psp models so you can bring your 3k back to life.

Veskgar
November 10th, 2009, 03:33
Add me to the list of people who would buy a PSP Go if it could become homebrew-enabled.

I'm glad there is work being done behind closed curtains to keep homebrew alive and kicking on every iteration of PSP hardware and firmware.

the_eternal_dark
November 10th, 2009, 05:26
What you're looking for is called a "PS2".

No, it'd be portable and "console-able": aka PSP Go.

joshx1000
November 11th, 2009, 19:50
No, it'd be portable and "console-able": aka PSP Go.

Also It would be great for the Fighting games emu's imagine mvc,kof,street fighter etc on a psp w/ with controller that=Win

Shrygue
November 11th, 2009, 20:17
So an eloader could come to the PSP Go huh? Sounds good, having homebrew running on it would be ace but it still costs too much to buy one right now though.

the_eternal_dark
November 12th, 2009, 05:30
Also It would be great for the Fighting games emu's imagine mvc,kof,street fighter etc on a psp w/ with controller that=Win

Yeah, big time... Network play in mvc or kof, then it'd be complete.