PDA

View Full Version : Police Officer Gets Caught Stealing PS3 Games

wraggster
November 8th, 2009, 23:48
Peter Cokell, 34, from Bristol UK, was found guilty of theft after he was caught on CCTV shoplifting from the store he was being paid to protect, in June this year.

The footage shown at his trial, shows him taking two PS3 game in his hat to the back of the shop. He then places the games (Call of Duty 5 and Killzone 2), underneath his stab vest whilst walking out of the shop without setting off the alarm.

A security guard, Gary Sutton who witnessed the crime confronted the police officer, telling him that he had seen him take the two games, to which the police officer replied:

"He had the games but could not get hold of them due to where they were now locked up."

Cokell offered to return the games in two days, but Sutton still reported the incident to Cokell's regional manager.

During his trial Cokell refused to admit that he was guilty, and told the court he was looking at the games to "help him relate to young people" and claimed he was "rearranging his trousers", not shoplifting.

He said: "I tried my best to be inconspicuous to the general members of the public so that they would not form the wrong impression of what I may or may not have been trying to do with my trousers".

"I had no reason to steal and no reason to steal PS3 games, as I don't have a PS3."

http://www.ps3center.net//news/4018/police-officer-gets-caught-stealing-ps3-games/