PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft calls PS3 online strat "plagiarism"

wraggster
June 5th, 2006, 20:45
The turf war continues with Chris Lewis of Microsoft kicking up some dirt about Sony's online strategy for the PlayStation 3. In an interview with Eurogamer, Mr. Lewis accused Sony of stealing their idea and implementing it as their own.

"Plagiarism is a good thing - that in itself isn't such a problem, it's what the market wants. But we've known that's what the market wanted all along," he said. Adding that he thinks it's flattering, Chris stated that he's glad to see Sony bridging the gap and covering ground to catch up, but that he's a little hazy on the whole thing.

"How the pricing is going to work still to me seems very unclear." Well, if Sony sticks to their guns, then the answer is simple: it'll be free!

via ps3fanboy (http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2006/06/05/microsoft-calls-ps3-online-strat-plagiarism/)

horacehogarth
June 6th, 2006, 10:52
Pot meet the kettle.. oh and it's black too.
MS are the biggest hypocrites ever, they've built their own success on stealing other companies ideas and just plain buying up competitors. Laughable. They really are worried about Sony, otherwise they would concerntrate on their own plans instead of constantly sniping at Sony.

geise69
June 6th, 2006, 12:45
If Sony does keep their Online gaming service free (which i doubt) they would definitly be making Microsoft worry even more. However with the price of the ps3 and the games right now not looking that much better at the moment I think Microsoft doesn't have much to worry about.

stotheamuel
June 6th, 2006, 21:10
i bet it will

the ps3 costs even less than it cost to make...

sony isn't the greedy *******s that everyone thinks they are..

but money is still on their minds...

and i think what horacehogarth said is absolutley true

slaphappygamer
June 7th, 2006, 07:25
Plagiarism is great. look how successful P diddy WAS. he made a nice chunk of change. he even got to do j lo. aint that a beeyach.:p