PDA

View Full Version : PROBLEM WITH PC SUITE

Ando1
October 14th, 2004, 17:23
Hello, can anyone help? I have just got my N-Gage but am having problems in using PC Suite. I have formatted my card using the N-Gage and connected my N-Gage to my PC via the USB cable. When I go into PC Cuite it says 'This is the first time you have used PC Suite. Please attatch your Nokia N-Gage to the PC and press OK to continue or press close to exit PC Suite.' The connector symbol on the toolbar is greyed out (disconnected). I have clicked on this and it gives me 3 COM ports to select but when I select them nothing changes, I end up having to close PC Suite. I have bluetooth enabled on the N-Gage. Am I missing something completely obvious? Could someone advise how I should go about doing this correctly. I don't know if it means anything but I have Windows XP.

Hawq
October 17th, 2004, 07:40
From when I briefly had an n-gage, before it broke or somethin went screwy on it & I returned it anyway, I recall that hearing that the PC Suite was for use with the bluetooth connection option. Regardless of that if its hooked up with the usb cable windows should see it as just another drive so you can drag things over onto it that way, thats the way I had to do it with mine

Ando1
October 18th, 2004, 10:49
Got it sorted. Cheers.

SmashinGit
October 27th, 2004, 09:38
The best thing to do is to get a mmc reader and not bother with pc suite.

bastonas
October 27th, 2004, 13:57
how did you solve the problem man???

Ando1
October 29th, 2004, 17:07
What I did was connet the N-Gage to the PC and then went to My Computer. You should see an E drive. If you select this there should be 3 or so folders. Depending on what you want to put on your N-Gage, drag your items into the appropriate folders. For the Genesis emulator, I created a folder called Megadrive Games and moved lots of roms in there. The emulator knows to look for them there. Hope this helps.

krowstrife
October 29th, 2004, 20:58
yall be fools j/k
i can help with NE thing on gage i have had my a year (as soon as christmas comes) ;D

michelle62
January 8th, 2005, 04:48
Got it sorted. Cheers.
hi i have just got a n-gage and have the same problems
i hope to get it sorted as it is really frustrateing me

space_cowgirl0o0
January 10th, 2005, 03:44
I have recently baught a n-gage qd and am checking out all the software and what-not I was just wondering if anybody is able to tell me what pc suite is what it is used for and what it does .I am from nz and they dont sell them here so any extras a practically non existant here.