PDA

View Full Version : Modern Warfare 2 Madness - Over 500 In Line at Sainsburys in Arnold Nottingham

wraggster
November 10th, 2009, 19:58
My son wanted the newly released Modern Warfare 2 and like most folks i spotted that sainsburys were selling it for 26 pounds so tonight i went to sainsburys at around 5.15pm and there was a massive queue of folks, i asked the manager and he confirmed what i had guessed, the queue was for Modern warfare 2, by the time 6.15 had come the queue was around the store with around 500 at a rough estimate and more coming all the time, luckily the store had 900 copies for sale :)

If thats what its been like up and down the country then its pure madness, i did smile at the amount of people buying the game for their underage kids :P

anyway i actually fancy trying modern warfare 1 now to see what the fuss is about, i may even get a go of the new game in a month when my lad may get slightly bored :P

utter madness :P

Baboon
November 10th, 2009, 20:07
I got my copy at a local sainsburys before work this morning (I canceled my gamestation pre-order and instead got it for £26). :)

I had quite a few mates throughout the day say they couldn't get a copy now though and that all the supermarkets in the area (tesco, asda, morrisons etc) had now sold out and are awaiting further stock.

The world seems to have gone mad for this game! lol

As good as this game is I'm still looking forward more to Bad Company 2 in march!

wraggster
November 10th, 2009, 20:11
yeah ive never seen anything quite like it, you should have seen the amount of under 18s in the queue, there was a cheer when the games started selling :)

Darksaviour69
November 10th, 2009, 20:15
wasn't goint to get it but at £25 is a steal. Al the sainsburys are sold out here, but they are getting stock tomorrow

wraggster
November 10th, 2009, 20:18
yeah a 55 quid game for 26 is a real steal, i would be pig sick if i had preordered and paid 55 quid

osgeld
November 10th, 2009, 21:34
seems like (least here in the states) there is never enough stock to go around

and if you cant get you take, next thing you know there another story on the front page about how console modders are nothing but pirates yadda yadda yadda

anywho, I will wait till the frenzy dies down abit then go snag a copy at wallyworld

Insomniac-Evolution
November 10th, 2009, 22:12
"anyway i actually fancy trying modern warfare 1 now to see what the fuss is about" Cod4 is still a good game if uve never played it before (better than world at war in my opinion) and now would actually be a good start lol because mw2 is like an extended cod4

Darksaviour69
November 10th, 2009, 22:22
I was in the cod4 beta (and cod wow beta) but never bought the game. I was going to buy it when it got cheap. But even today it goes for £35 preowned it game... thats crazy! . Thats my main reason for getting the new one, its £9 cheap than the 2 year old original! (Also everyone on my friends list is playing it)

osgeld
November 10th, 2009, 23:57
that is crazy dark, ive played codmw1 tru, but my buddy lent it to me

im still sticking with walmart, only cause i still have a couple 25$ cards from my birthday (yay free game!)

maybe after shopamas ill have enough for a 360 lol (till then its the pc, the only way to properly play a fps)

symbal
November 11th, 2009, 01:09
I just didn't realise so much excitement around this game, i wouldn't buy it new and can't even find COD 4 used for under £25, i was walking my dogs last night about 12.20 and noticed Argos' lights on and thought they were just stock taking or something, then saw the town was literaly packed like an average weekday, half the people were screaming like little girls excitedley running back to their cars and realised every shop selling this game was open and a load of people were even dressed up in army uniform just to play the part, and you don't expect that in the north east, and then was the Psp go release it was err nothing.

Insomniac-Evolution
November 11th, 2009, 10:48
lol just goes to show how many online gamers there are these days, because I doubt the hype wouldn't be so much...