PDA

View Full Version : PMP Mod v2.01 subtitle mod

wraggster
June 6th, 2006, 16:16
Raphael (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=5902&sid=24628b65c350e301f993fb4b6c656e9f) posted this news/release:

Here it is, the long waited for subtitle addon for jonnys famous PMPMOD.
Thanks to jonny for his help.

miniFAQ:
Q: What subtitle formats are supported?
A: Currently only MicroDVD format is supported, but more will follow.

Q: How much do subtitles affect performance of PMPMOD?
A: In a series of benchmarks with jonnys own benchmark code, it showed that subtitles will decrease the average fps by 0.3 at most.

Q: That's cool, but how do you do that?
A: Just some organized glyph caching in VRAM and my own fast glyph blitter.

Q: How do I change the codepage/charset/language?
A: Inside the PMPMOD folder are different font files for different languages. To change the language, simply rename the 'font10.f' to 'font10_western.f' or alike and rename the right font to 'font10.f'.
If you want to display hebrew subtitles for example, rename 'font10_heb.f' to 'font10.f'

Q: Why so complicated?
A: Because it's simpler for me :) and because most users most likely only need to do this step once, so this shouldn't be a problem. A possibility to choose language in the program will follow later.

Q: What about other languages?
A: Each font file holds a charset of one Unicode page, ie 256 chars. The file is generated from Windows fonts using a small tool that I will release the next days. So if you have a font installed with your charset, you can create your own font file.
(Chinese and japanese kanji will need a little different approach - I will try to add support for these in the future)

Q: Arrrrgggg.... where is the (nice) GUI?!
A: Lost in space. No. It's not included because it will get completely rewritten from scratch with better skinning support, a option screen and nice graphics and fonts.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments