PDA

View Full Version : Square embarks on new Dragon Quest

wraggster
June 6th, 2006, 21:46
After unveiling a host of intriguing new RPGs at E3, it appears Square Enix has even more surprises in store for the Dragon Quest series with the launch of a new teaser website for the as-yet-unknown Dragon Quest J.

For those of you not in the know, Dragon Quest is an amazingly popular RPG over in Japan and recently debuted over in the West with Dragon Quest VIII. Quite what the Dragon Quest J is or indeed which platform its headed for is as yet unknown to the wider world, but all is set to be unveiled on June 12 in Japanese mag Shonen Jump.

Wells it would be, but as usual CVG has the jump. Shonen is a weekly Manga round up published over in Japan and what it will actually unveil is Dragon Quest Monster Joker, a spin-off from the main Dragon quest series heading to Nintendo DS. If you remember the monster arena from DQ VIII, you'll have a pretty good idea of what's in store, as you'll be tasked with building up and training teams of monsters and battling them against each other in a series of Pokemon-style face offs.

DQ Monster Joker is being developed by the full Dragon Quest team and will also be fully 3D. The title's due to make an appearance before the end of this year over in Japan. Our sources are also suggesting it will hopefully come over here to the West, but it'll probably be 2007 before that happens.

Anyway, good news for DQ fans and monster battlers in general. We'll bring you more on this intriguing new DQ entry as we have it.

Via CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=141075)

DarkworldPrince
June 8th, 2006, 04:22
CVG are tools. DQ 8 was not the first DQ game to hit western shores. I have several dragon warrior games... you'd think those didn't count.

Shilo
June 8th, 2006, 05:14
CVG are tools.

Yes, but CVG being used in this post stands for "Computer and Video games.com".

Shadowblind
June 8th, 2006, 05:56
Yeah, I have all the Dragon Warrior games on PSP. DRAGON QUEST FOREVER!

Creators of dragonball never cease to surprise me..