PDA

View Full Version : Changing kernel in 5.5X

ianmcrowell
November 12th, 2009, 06:39
Hello. I just upped to 5.50 gen B from A.

On A I was able to access VSH menu via select button. As of B, I can't. I'm not sure if the update went wrong or what.

Also, I remembered once reading that I can hold a specific combination of buttons while booting to open an advanced menu that allows you to access other options.

In this advanced menu I remember being able to change which kernel the PSP booted in. Maybe it's not th 5.XX CFW.

I might be imagining it, but I do remember the menu existing.

I've googled it to no avail. I appreciate the help, if any.

Qmark
November 12th, 2009, 08:21
Hold R when you power on the system.
I don't recall any 'kernel select', ever.

ianmcrowell
November 12th, 2009, 23:37
Thanks for the help, Qbert. I am trying to make a MMS on a 5.50 gen B firmware, and am having problems. I always get hung up at the screen where it says it's checking the UPDATE.PBP on the root. It says it's going to take a while and to get some coffee. How long is a while? On the youtube videos I've seen the process is only a moment. Do I need to be in 3.xx Kernel for this crap to work? If so, is it possible to do that without downgrading to 3.XX?

ianmcrowell
November 12th, 2009, 23:39
Also, I guess I was referring to the game folder kernel. My only options are 1.5 or 5.XX Is it possible to throw a 3.xx kernel in there somewhere so I don't have to downgrade?