PDA

View Full Version : NextGen Console Wars Poll

wraggster
June 6th, 2006, 23:22
News from Lik Sang (http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3858&lsaid=219793)

Well the day of 666 didn't bring the world to a fiery explosive end after all, and to celebrate the fact we're all living on, this week we have one NDS title to help beef up your brain and keep those neurons pumping for many, many years to come, then one PSP port of a unique rhythm based game that gained a cult following on the PS2, but which everyone should experience before dying.

Just before getting to those though, recently in our Wii Price Hint News we included a poll from Japan's Famitsu magazine asking which hardware are gamers most looking forward to next. The results were 68.8% for Wii, 21% for PS3, 7.2% for Xbox 360 and 3% for the NDS. Joystiq on the other hand have been conducting their own global poll asking which next gen systems gamers aim to own, including a combo of multiple consoles. 30,000 votes later and the results are in...

http://image.lik-sang.com/content/wgu/joystiq-next-gen-poll-june-06.jpg

RedKing14CA
June 6th, 2006, 23:33
Uhh... i cant vote :(

vettacossx
June 6th, 2006, 23:57
it dosnt look all that accurate .....but hey now we know what joystick THINKS...lol

gsyph0
June 6th, 2006, 23:58
wii power

SSaxdude
June 7th, 2006, 00:01
No, 360 and Wii power.

Mr. Shizzy
June 7th, 2006, 00:14
Maximum gaming experience = PS3 & Wii

V3N0M
June 7th, 2006, 00:17
I'm getting all three...eventually LOL

Zion
June 7th, 2006, 00:28
wii all the way!

NeoXCS
June 7th, 2006, 00:33
I'm definitely getting a PS3. I'll probably get the Wii sometime after because you gotta love Nintendo forever and always! (NTM, their systems are always cheap!) :p I think the PS3 is gonna be the most powerful of them all and is gonna blow everyone away so I gotta have one! ;)

trezzer
June 7th, 2006, 01:08
PS3 is looking worse every day. So far I haven't seen anything I want for 360, but I guess something will materialize eventually. I'm definitely getting the Wii though.

Video_freak
June 7th, 2006, 02:01
Wii and PS3!!!! btw, its not dcemu poll...

Aryn
June 7th, 2006, 03:11
I am going to get the Wii. I would rather purchase a console system that offers an uncommon gaming experience instead of a system that offers the same gameplay experience as previous console systems with better graphics. I do not believe that I will be able to afford the high definition TV or big ass monitor that will be required to enjoy the graphics after purchasing a 360 or PS3 anyway.

Shadowblind
June 7th, 2006, 03:14
MUHAHAHAH!!!! I FORETOLD THIS!!! sorta...
Anyway, Xbox 360 and Wii seem the best two systems that intertwine. The PS3, although being $600, seems like a mini-version of them put together. Full version is better then mini version.

jstush04
June 7th, 2006, 03:59
xbox360 and ps3 all the way!! :-P

Video_freak
June 7th, 2006, 04:00
MUHAHAHAH!!!! I FORETOLD THIS!!! sorta...
Anyway, Xbox 360 and Wii seem the best two systems that intertwine. The PS3, although being $600, seems like a mini-version of them put together. Full version is better then mini version.

There are many things that the Wii and XBox 360 can do but the PS3 cant....
some examples are: Mario, Halo, play all games from Nintendo, XBox Live, etc.

cndnlink
June 7th, 2006, 04:19
Cool lets look at those stats a little closer shall we. 86% of the people survyed said the wopuld get a wii compared to 58 for 360 and 22 for ps3(lol). That translates into 26224 wiis, 17686 X360 and 6708 ps3. Thats quite a big margin for sony to make up. I think they are going to loseee.

the one and only
June 7th, 2006, 06:23
ha ha ha ps3 are goin down

doof69
June 7th, 2006, 07:33
ps3 for me personaly becasuse:
1. i own a tonnes of ps2 and ps1 games. i can throw out or sell the old consoles.
2. The Blue ray movie player for my HD projector. hehe. blue ray players are going to be expensive any way.
3. Finally true HD i.e. 1080i.

Zephyroth_drgs
June 7th, 2006, 07:36
Ps3 and Wii own EVERYTHING

fatfrost
June 7th, 2006, 09:29
Sony have the incredible 'HYPE MACHINE', you know the one that promises a super powerful console but the console is never that powerful when it arrives, the 'HYPE MACHINE' also that seems to weezil it's way into all advertising streams throughout the world. Hmmm..if sony spent less money on advertising would the ps3 sell less???.....i can still remember when we were all playing Dreamcast and waiting for ps2 to come out...when it arrived we played street fighter ex plus whatever..and it had stinking SLOWDOWN!!! on a new amazing playstation!!!...(COUGH)........ ciao!

fatfrost
June 7th, 2006, 09:34
oh yeah...and one more thing....the new ps3 looks like shite!! i wonder why the console does not match the new controller at all??!? is it because they DID change it at the last minute because of nintendoods?? it certainly seems so as the original 'boomerang-microsoft-sidewinder-copy-joypad' for ps3 fitted the console design more than the old dual-shock controller does! pah!! i hate company's that rip others off like that!! (like namco who always copied the ideas of Sega, virtua fighter..tekken..

NiGame
June 7th, 2006, 09:39
I have 360 and already pre-ordered 2 ps3 and 1 wii

dOOmy
June 7th, 2006, 09:47
Since i heard the bad news about ps3's lack of graphic power I will have to go with the revolution(i refuse to call it the wii)

MadMonkee
June 7th, 2006, 15:05
Buy all three? God daim... I dont have 1500$ to spend on gaming, I got bills to pay.

doggy
June 7th, 2006, 16:28
yea!!! Japan maybe wii is the best one> But the world it should be Play Station 3 (PS3), i guess. HaHa at lease i will preorder it. I wish i have luck i toch it on the first day it is released!

Cap'n 1time
June 7th, 2006, 17:04
Since i heard the bad news about ps3's lack of graphic power I will have to go with the revolution(i refuse to call it the wii)

explain. I am no fan of sony, but what lack of graphical power are you talking about? :confused:

muffinman
June 7th, 2006, 18:29
yeah isn't the graphics card better than the 7900gtx?
thats pretty good to me and powerful enough.

anyways ps3 and wii is my combo. xbox just dont have enough rpg's for my likeing plus i only play fps on my pc ( the expception may be ut2007)

anyways i like that combo as i have a power house and the wii's cool features.

Makaveli
June 7th, 2006, 21:29
wow complete opposite of this gens consoles. well most likely its ps3 for me unless all of the japanese developers go to wii. Ps2 was my favorite this gen because it had rpg's and the most selection on any type of game period. If it loses that on the ps3 then wii for me. Never a xbox360 because they obviously dont care about people who like rpg's or any other japanese games. It's turning out to be just like the first xbox almost a strictly american system. BTW i own all 3 current gen systems and i love xbox for homebrew and emulators.

Shadowblind
June 7th, 2006, 21:37
Some people thinks of Wii and PS3 as being super-consoles, better then the XBOX 360 by a huge margin. If memory serves, then most thought xbox 360 was going to be far greater then what it is... PS3 seems like the same thing, and whos willing to pay $600 for a xbox 360 remake? The only reason i'd buy ps3 is for kingdom hearts 3 and FFXIII.

dOOmy
June 7th, 2006, 22:27
New news to rebut the weakness in ps3 graphics, we will just have to wait and see.
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=17547

zeon x
June 7th, 2006, 23:36
Is the PS3 going to be back compatable to the PS1?

They are having trouble with the PS2 the last i heard.

Privateer
June 8th, 2006, 02:22
I was looking forward to the PS3 until I saw its price...

dman32
June 8th, 2006, 04:51
its funny...I think most of you must be nuts. A supposed 30k poll is not indicitive of millions. So you know those numbers are way off. Japan would have to implode before they give that type of respect to the xbox 360. It would never happen. If you believe that an american system will ever sell well in Japan...let me put my ps3 link on ebay and you can bid on it.

Cap'n 1time
June 8th, 2006, 23:04
its funny...I think most of you must be nuts. A supposed 30k poll is not indicitive of millions. So you know those numbers are way off. Japan would have to implode before they give that type of respect to the xbox 360. It would never happen. If you believe that an american system will ever sell well in Japan...let me put my ps3 link on ebay and you can bid on it.

what your saying is probably true... and your right... it would be a cold day in hell before japan gave that much attention to the xbox.

vettacossx
June 9th, 2006, 00:43
Finally true HD i.e. 1080i. PS3 ONLY THANK YOU !

are u ffking kidding me read you statement AFTER YOU WERE TOLD that PS3 HAS the BEST GRAPHICS LMAO I.E. 1080i.....this is alot of rubbish in here lets be realistic NINTENDO IS 4EVER and PS3 is better!!!!
<!-- / message -->

GeEkPiE
June 18th, 2006, 01:07
Let me set your cards straight vettacossx!

Wii is the winner

Wii - great graphics, total originality loads of cool new games and others like zelda twighlight p. and mario galaxy, loads of classic games to select from for free and much more.....

Xbox360- originality, lots of good games e,g halo, Gun valkri etc. xbox live and much more....

Ps3- great graphics, many games (all awful) no originality what so ever e,g Name - 'ps3' controller is completly the same basically (nothing new) not much else to say.

and whats more nintendo has a much vaster knowledge of video games than any other make possibly could and therefore can never let you down.

none of my nintendo consoles have had any faults and r very reliable and i hav had a ps1 in my time and it sucked and was always crashing and very slow at loading sony havent got the wow factor

hardly anyone unless they havnt got the heart and sole of video game like you dont chooses BETTER GRAPHICS, i mean if thats what you like then fine i will never argue again but just remember the higher the graphics go, the more boring it gets because if its as good as real life its not fun because you r living in it right now and tell me honistly, does every minute of it intense, immersive, catching and fun....................the answer errrr NO.

i rest my case.

dman32
June 18th, 2006, 07:41
Wii - great graphics, total originality loads of cool new games and others like zelda twighlight p. and mario galaxy, loads of classic games to select from for free and much more.....
you're an idiot. you say loads of originality then you say wow you can play all the classics...lol thats a contradiction..PLUS I can play all the old stuff now on my psp.

Xbox360- originality, lots of good games e,g halo, Gun valkri etc. xbox live and much more....
another idiotic statement....originality?? then you name Halo??

Ps3- great graphics, many games (all awful) no originality what so ever e,g Name - 'ps3' controller is completly the same basically (nothing new) not much else to say.
and the xbox 360 isnt pretty much the same thing as xbox? you must by psychic to know they will be awful..I think you're just an idiot.

you're a fanboy thats blind by nintendos d#$@ in your mouth.

dman32
June 18th, 2006, 07:42
and whats more nintendo has a much vaster knowledge of video games than any other make possibly could and therefore can never let you down.

the cube wasnt a let down?

fatfrost
November 14th, 2006, 15:13
Sony, Sony, is it just me or are people worrying about which system to get just because they're worried about backing a LOSER?? Why don't you just decide which games you want to play then go buy your system of choice, PS3 will have all the re-runs, ridge racer, tekken, fifa, iss, gran tourismo, god of war, parappa and so-on, wii wiill have (sorry) mario, zelda,...erm...gamecube!! and 360 all pc conversions and a few other choice bits. But the real point is,...aren't you meant to have fun?? and worrying all the time about stupid unimportant things like power of a machine, certainly isn't any fun at all.
GET A LIFE.
GET A CONSOLE
GET BORED
GET A NEW ONE
GET A MCDONALDS
GET STONED
GET A C64!!

masterpaul
November 14th, 2006, 16:52
I'm Getting a wii, with 20 of my freinds (which are also getting a wii),

Nobody I know is getting an Xbox 360 or a PS3. Exept for one Person who is getting an Xbox 360.

Most of my freinds owned PS2, but they are not planning to buy a PS3 but a Wii.

Sony is loosing it's loyalties.