PDA

View Full Version : Kernal Access for PSPgo in New Custom Firmware 6.10 - Homebrew for PSPGo Soon :)

wraggster
November 12th, 2009, 16:47
Just seconds ago i turned on MSN and one of my contacts Yoshihiro has got in his comments that Kernal Access for PSPgo is a goer which means Homebrew for the PSPgo is very much a reality as soon as the release occurs, firstly heres a youtube video proof of concept:

http://www.youtube.com/v/9lVCV1LGHiA

Heres some extra info courtesy of the french site PSPgen (http://www.pspgen.com/hack-psp-go-6-10-preuve-image-hen-psp-go-6-10-actualite-190874.html) and italian site PSPita (http://www.psp-ita.com/?module=news&id=33662&view_reply=1).

We are facing the first Custom Firmware / Homebrew Enabler for PSP Go? Judging from this short video demonstration recently published by Team Typhoon, which already long ago became known by the network to issue the ChickHEN Dave and boasts among its members, it seems so.
In the information system we can clearly see the version "6.10 Typhoon" and, later, we are shown the start Picodrive emulator with a short game session.
This first CF should not only be the result of a bug to access the User Mode, but (the phantom) exploits Kernel Mode was used properly for full access to the console. Probably often heard in the coming days, and if the team decides to release it, we recall that should be compatible with all models of PSP.

yakumo
November 12th, 2009, 17:05
Well, the video says that this is never going to be released... so why this news?

SmashinGit
November 12th, 2009, 17:11
Very good!

symbal
November 12th, 2009, 17:32
I was hoping it took longer so could get a cheaper new or used Psp go.. ah well still good to know they got access to it now.

dazman
November 12th, 2009, 18:05
PSP go! by name And go! by nature.

PSP Go out and buy one,

osgeld
November 12th, 2009, 18:26
Well, the video says that this is never going to be released... so why this news?

seconded

zxxxy18
November 12th, 2009, 18:38
it says it will never be relesead but i hope it will be cause i want sense me on a cfw!! and starwars elite squadron..... news by pspita..
lol for a second i tought its a PSP Pita (bread) XD...

darkriku2000
November 12th, 2009, 20:29
well, hopefully somebody else will find out how to do what they did and release it

Zack
November 12th, 2009, 22:06
I really hate this stuff.

It's the equivalent of dangling food in front of a starving child's face and saying haha your not getting it.
Don't get peoples hopes up when you have no intention of sharing your work.

Even just an explanation as to why it isn't going to be released would be nice, such as : "it is not going to be released at this time as the method it relies on can be easily patched by Sony, so we need to investigate it further before it is full proof"

Rather than the arrogant : "NEVER GOING TO BE RELEASED"

dante221
November 12th, 2009, 22:40
"It will never be released" kind of made me rage. Now I don't want to buy a PSPGo even more

darkriku2000
November 13th, 2009, 01:19
they apparently said that they are withholding it for revenge, I can't post a link since the sight has some things that are against the rules here, but here's a quote:

just to add to the thread this is what they said taken from qj also on the right side of the screen on youube

Developer's note:

This video is for bragging rights ONLY (since it's very cool nowadays) and shows our Proof of Concept 6.10 Custom Firmware running on the PSPgo. This will never be released to the general public or anyone else at all whether you are a dev or not, this is Team Typhoon internal material, we have no reason whatsoever to waste a perfectly good exploit. So don't ask for release dates. We don't care about your complaining, whining and everything remotely related and it's your own damn fault since you brought this on yourselves. Better version of the video showcasing more homebrew coming next week. Thanks go to Sony for this awesome piece of new hardware, finally a decent hardware revision. Also thanks to all historied PSP Homebrew developers for paving the way for us to be able to do this.

TyphoonNeon said this

The point is: revenge. We're getting back at all of you for what you did to us. And we're doing it the way it hurts you the
most.
This is also a message for some people (a lot). We never meant to troll, seriously, I apologize if that's the image we give out.

But we've been mistreated in the past, and this is our revenge. Showing people what they spit on and passed on.

paranoid
November 13th, 2009, 01:30
This is a "proof of concept" not completed CFW. Some here would do well to look up what that is.

Rather than see this as "nyah nyah we have something cool you don't" see it as "well it's not totally impossible, so that's good news; hopefully there will be something released soon and I better not update firmware or do something that might potentially screw something up." It's also not a reason to run out and get a Go thinking you'll run homebrew.

Also, as proof of concept, it might keep some other hacker trying rather than giving up and finding it impossible.

ETA: So it is nyah nyah, but it does still show it's possible. There's no exploit in the world that only works for one team... But if their CFW just runs a few homebrew, I don't think they're as good of programmers as they think. Probably should be thankful they're not releasing it for the headaches it would cause.

symbal
November 13th, 2009, 01:59
I dunno how many people in team Typhoon but wouldn't be suprised if someone broke ranks to release and make a name for theirself, if it's true they holding back out of spite it's like suicide in the Psp scene.

mike_jmg
November 13th, 2009, 03:23
I hope it gets hacked someday, that day I'll may get one

juiceface
November 13th, 2009, 03:48
props to these people for getting homebrew working, i admire their skill.

B2K24
November 13th, 2009, 20:05
They would not be stupid enough to leak the exploit as Sony would patch it fast and remove the game from the PSN servers. There is not many kernel exploits left that have not been patched by OFW updates so to release it at this point would be stupid.

Qmark
November 13th, 2009, 20:09
Presume fake until release.

Put up or shut up. It doesn't do anyone any good to say "this works, but you can't have it!!"
Or rather, it does Sony quite a bit of good, by having a vague idea on what needs patched before several units can get seeded with CFW.

Codaz
November 13th, 2009, 21:22
Hmm, there is no such thing as a "right" release time. If they wait for some months or maybe upto half a year to release this stuff it wont matter.

Sony can always patch up things. So i think it's very very lame to say haha you're not getting it.

And for making a point or fighting out a virtual war with other releasegroups or people who talked shit about them, it's just more lame. They havn't learned about interpersonal relationships did they?

Grow up, this scene shouldn't be about fighting and swearing over the internet. This should be about good hardware, mods and having fun. In either way...

Dutt
November 13th, 2009, 22:20
Last 2 posts..
Spot on guys..

Sonicboy 101
November 13th, 2009, 22:46
Yeah, because revenge is really the best way to solve problems...

Wow. The homebrew scene has become really immature.

NilocTheTrainer
November 14th, 2009, 00:59
The homebrew community is full of kiddies who ask for CFW like brat children ask for sweets. I approve of this never being released. Team Typhoon knows that this is childish and will not make the psp homebrew scene change the way they act, but they also know that nothing will. What they can do is feel some schadenfreude knowing that the majority of scenesters, specifically the greedy and unappreciative ones who always complain, act, and spell like babies, didn't get their way for once. Also, if you're genuinely unhappy about all this, just remember the psp-go is made of degrading hardware and typical sony shit-on-our-customers-because-we-think-they're-idiots software and belongs more in a dump more than in your hands.

acn010
November 14th, 2009, 01:59
Yeah, because revenge is really the best way to solve problems...

Wow. The homebrew scene has become really immature.

i second that :thumbup:

dante221
November 16th, 2009, 19:18
Presume fake until release.

Put up or shut up. It doesn't do anyone any good to say "this works, but you can't have it!!"
Or rather, it does Sony quite a bit of good, by having a vague idea on what needs patched before several units can get seeded with CFW.
I second your post