PDA

View Full Version : PATS 3 (PSP Anti Theft System)

wraggster
June 7th, 2006, 00:26
GMdude66 (http://gmdude66.net/) posted this news/release:

PATS is a psp protection system, when someone else plugs in your PSP they will have to enter a password or else there IP will automatically be sent to you.

Nothing in this package is mallicous and WILL NOT harm your computer in ANY way.

Please read the 'readme.txt' file for further information and full installation instructions.

EDIT!
PATS Version 3 has now been released!

Changes:
Now back to using the registry!
Now using executable files! (this should solve autoplay not oepning the file)
Added 1 icon.. (PM me if you can make some cool TRANSPARENT .ico files!)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via gmdude66 (http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=52651)

Video_freak
June 7th, 2006, 00:56
nice. so now even if they don't use autoplay or have older windows os, they'll still be screwed :)

Gene
June 7th, 2006, 01:00
this is pretty P00nsause. i have a question. what if i go lets say to my friends house and plug in my psp will it think its stolen?

Video_freak
June 7th, 2006, 01:19
no, just as long as you know the password.

acn010
June 7th, 2006, 02:37
thats nice...
me gonna try it

under_0ath777
June 7th, 2006, 02:47
off topic but...
Gene, happy "beat up emo kid day"

Mr. Shizzy
June 7th, 2006, 05:39
great app. thanks again...

**1_Man_Matrix**
June 7th, 2006, 05:57
Cool app,

Although I think for the next revision, when the PSP is plugged in, you must decrypt an elaborate series of codes (Much like those found in the Da Vinci Code), then bypass a retinal scan (Gordon Freeman Style), followed by a voice recognition system (Because 1 in 7000 criminals is a mute (GTA III *cough*)).
Or else PSP will explode with the force of an atomic bomb...

Nice work, Nuff said':eek:

mr_nick666
June 7th, 2006, 09:42
Cool app,

Although I think for the next revision, when the PSP is plugged in, you must decrypt an elaborate series of codes (Much like those found in the Da Vinci Code), then bypass a retinal scan (Gordon Freeman Style), followed by a voice recognition system (Because 1 in 7000 criminals is a mute (GTA III *cough*)).
Or else PSP will explode with the force of an atomic bomb...

Nice work, Nuff said':eek:

I like your thinking 1_Man_Matrix! ;) Not so cool if your neighbour steals your PSP and blows you away too though! :(

Cool app :D I love this diverse stuff! :)

d3v1l
June 7th, 2006, 14:20
too bad its too late for me..psp was stolen yesterday:mad: :(

Video_freak
June 7th, 2006, 15:35

they first released psp anit-theft stuff like 2 weeks ago

muffinman
June 7th, 2006, 16:37
yeah you should have had it it's very useful. my mate took mine to cram it full of crap that i didnt want and because of the lovely password he couldnt do it (yay for me)

mr_nick666
June 7th, 2006, 19:19
yeah you should have had it it's very useful. my mate took mine to cram it full of crap that i didnt want and because of the lovely password he couldnt do it (yay for me)

Anti mate device! - I hadnt thought of that.. :o Its just a generally usefull app to keep everyone elses filthy, theieving, hands off your PSP :D

muffinman
June 7th, 2006, 21:44
indeed mr_nick indeed

acn010
June 7th, 2006, 22:52

im sorry to hear that, ived been jumped for my psp, in the early days when the psp came out , they never got, since then, i still have it :D
im gonna kill the guy who ever tries to steal my psp.
or maybe one hard kick in the balls will calm me down:cool:
P.S.
how did they stole it from you?

Gene
June 8th, 2006, 02:11
How do i change or set a password?

d3v1l
June 8th, 2006, 06:02
im sorry to hear that, ived been jumped for my psp, in the early days when the psp came out , they never got, since then, i still have it :D
im gonna kill the guy who ever tries to steal my psp.
or maybe one hard kick in the balls will calm me down:cool:
P.S.
how did they stole it from you?

long story..but they maybe found the one who did it, gonna look if its my psp today:D but i guess this is gettin a lil offtopic

Festizzio
June 11th, 2006, 18:34
It says that a person has to enter a password; how do I set this password?

megawind
June 22nd, 2006, 07:22
autoplay not open the .exe file, why?

djoe
February 20th, 2007, 01:03
Which ROOT Directory do I copy all the files too? A file/folder path might help.
In your ReadMe you should include the Folder Path.
Gene also had a question about password changing.
I hope, I don't have a problem changing the password either.

However this was easier to follow than WiFi Cracking.

Ever since they combined 2 schools in my area, stealing has risen apparrently, I'm not taking my PSP anywhere until it is fully anti-theft. Software and belt cliped and when using having a hand in a loop strap.

It was a friendly town school before.

I probably wouldn't do this but, have hidden police wacking devices and PSP hand cuffs. Have a extra pair to cuff the jumper LOL. Than disable him in the legs and take him to the principal. Hey kicking in the balls works, but, what about females.

One of my friends has Nintendo DS and PSP, the other friend has Ipod. Hmm I wonder if Ipod has Security Software. Anyway No Security what so, ever.

I don't know why your friend would cram c*** on your PSP, but, thats just nuts.

Dam straight agree, its your PSP, not theirs! :thumbup:

carlitx
February 20th, 2007, 01:18
i have a dynamic ip so will i have to enter the pass word evertime( i think its right cause my ip changes everyday)

AvengedSevenfold Fan
February 20th, 2007, 01:31
the autorun wont work for me. the app wont even run, it just comes up with a black screen for a second then it goes away....someone help?

djoe
February 20th, 2007, 13:51
Yo! wragg's where are you, you seem to be lost in action, dude!:D

carlitx
February 20th, 2007, 14:36
i have a dynamic ip so will i have to enter the pass word evertime( i think its right cause my ip changes everyday)

so will it work>

Buddy4point0
February 20th, 2007, 18:26
this will be great that way if my psp gets jacked at school ill no who took it. kinda. now if only i could put some kind of tracking device on my psp

djoe
February 20th, 2007, 20:59
Make the PSP useless to others and get them arrested!

I don't know if this comes with password protection when its "not" connected to the computer.

but, here's also a site.

Just like logging into Windows, I'm pretty sure.

http://pspupdates.qj.net/Password-protect-your-PSP-with-Boot-Protector/pg/49/aid/72645

Big Lou
February 21st, 2007, 05:35
Whoa! Guys! You've all made the same mistake. You keep saying PSP instead of DS.

.... huh? What was that?

You mean people actually "want" to steal a PSP?

shamil123
September 30th, 2007, 23:48
What will happen if I forget my owen password?