PDA

View Full Version : GameCube 2 to Play GCN Games

wraggster
May 8th, 2004, 10:32
News From http://pdcovers.netfirms.com/ (gamecube emulation)

According to an article in the latest print issue of popular Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu, Nintendo executive Satoru Iwata has dropped word that the forthcoming successor to the Nintendo GameCube, aptly named GameCube 2 at this point, could very well be backwards compatible, allowing gamers to play their current GameCube titles on the new console.

This wouldn't be the first time that a game system has been backwards compatible with software from the past, as the PlayStation 2 allows gamers to play original PlayStation games. However, such a move would be good news for Nintendo fans, allowing gamers to play such classics as Super Smash Bros. Melee and Metroid Prime 2 on the system with ease.

Of course, this can only be rumor at this point, as there hasn't even been word or technical specs revealed on the new console yet. Hopefully, E3 will loosen Nintendo's lips on "GameCube 2."

Christuserloeser
May 13th, 2004, 19:12
yes! ;D

Odb718
August 16th, 2004, 04:19
This is a smart step for Nintendo to take. I know as a kid my parents wouldnt buy the next system because theyd have to buy all new games and controllers for us. Same thing goes on today in other households. and they need to make the Nintendo Gameboy adapter work with it to. Because I have a feeling Sony's going to try to make the PS3 read the PSP games.

Cap'n 1time
August 16th, 2004, 06:54
This is a smart step for Nintendo to take. I know as a kid my parents wouldnt buy the next system because theyd have to buy all new games and controllers for us. Same thing goes on today in other households. and they need to make the Nintendo Gameboy adapter work with it to. Because I have a feeling Sony's going to try to make the PS3 read the PSP games.

indeed... it would be the first good move nintendo has made since releasing pso.

i doubt sony would make ps3 read psp games because then they might not sale as many handhelds, and the whole point of entering the psp into the market is to compete with nintendo;s handhelds.

Hola
August 16th, 2004, 09:07
The PSP has already been comfirmed to hook up to PS2. You can use them as controllers.
Plus PSP has tv out on it itself so no need to uses PSP disk on PS2.

CheckD3
September 15th, 2004, 12:14
thank you so much, i have at least 25-30 games, and if i get GC2, i wanta play my old games, and has anyone heard an update on Metroid Prime 2?

WHurricane16
September 15th, 2004, 15:35
Too early too speculate if this is a "good" strategy or not. Have anyone seen or played the system? I thought so.

Too early too speculate.

Reppa
October 18th, 2004, 05:52
I'm disagree with you, it's always a good thing to announce an compatibility, so people who don't have a gamecube can play game on gamecube 2, it sounds great no ?

So it's not too late or not, it's always a good thing, buy gamecube 2 and a gamecube was offered really great !!!!

Like Playstation 2, i don't have a ps1 so i'm really happy when i can play street fighter ex + alpha 2 on ps2