PDA

View Full Version : cool ipod mod, that I may make.

Dull Blade
June 8th, 2006, 01:35
Well heres the situation, in late june I will be going to England to visit my grand perants, and we will aslo be staying a few days in london. But the problem is that I here london has alot of muggings. so I have thought of a plan. I am currently gutting an old early 90s walkman , to make a rather deturing case. soon when I'm done i'll up some pics of it.

PPP(PROWD PSP OWNER)
June 8th, 2006, 17:51
cool

Kaiser
June 9th, 2006, 23:46
If you pull through with this I'll post it on the Ipod News Page :)

Sounds like an interesting little project.

Dull Blade
June 10th, 2006, 08:16
I am having horrible trouble with these screws that have trianglar tip. but in a little while I will be done. I'll keep us updated.

souLLy
June 10th, 2006, 12:30
heh i think someone's winding you up, london's not bad- yes there's some pick-pockets in built up tourist areas, but no worse than any other country. just use common sense, don't walk around with it showing.

Kaiser
June 11th, 2006, 05:07
heh i think someone's winding you up, london's not bad- yes there's some pick-pockets in built up tourist areas, but no worse than any other country. just use common sense, don't walk around with it showing.

Shhhh souLLy! I wanna see how this might turn out. He might not make the cool ipod mod if you convince him London is a safe city. :p;)

Zion
June 12th, 2006, 03:02
It's the same everywhere. Just keep it safe :p

Dull Blade
June 12th, 2006, 04:33
If london isn't that bad, i'll still make any way, just because it looks so cool. no I either have to get a new tape player or find a trianglar screw driver. any ways it will be cool

ptr.exe
June 12th, 2006, 17:51
London is no worse than any other major city.

Sounds like a cool idea, and will add some retro style to your ipod.

Dull Blade
June 13th, 2006, 05:40
progress has been made, and I am soon to be completed. After a good 4 or so hours of gutting the thing (yeah 4 hours), and trimming the innerds to fit my ipod. the project is nearing competion. (only compatible with the 30g video). Also a word of advise for people who may also try the project, buy a scratch resistant coating (wallmart $8, Asda ?pounds), you wont want to destroy your pod in the process. now I also need some help, in the process of gutting, the hinges of the tape cover came disattach, any suggestions for new ones.6899
yeah it's a bad quality image, but that what you get with a $20 web cam.

ptr.exe
June 14th, 2006, 17:05
You should line the inside of the walkman with something soft, that way it'll protect the pod if you drop it etc.

yoshiherder
June 25th, 2006, 21:37
thats a pretty awesome project u got goin there. i would try to do it if i had a 90's walkman and 4 spare hours. as for the muggings in london.... ive never left the u.s, but im pretty sure no ones gonna mug u unless u go for a cheap motel or dark alley.

RedKing14CA
June 26th, 2006, 08:08
lol... i dotn know about the hinges... what are you going to do about the head phones? it's really what says "look i have an ipod"