PDA

View Full Version : News from Zack, well Info

Zack
November 16th, 2009, 23:15
So, as you may have noticed, I have been a bit of a ghost around here lately.
This was to do with stuff at work, however there is more....

Christmas is our busiest time of year, and we are already seeing an increased volume of customers... So this means less time at home and more time at work. To go along with that, less time at home = more tiredness, more tiredness = less enthusiasm. So getting into any big projects this month (that means pretty much all of them with the exception maybe of LuaPlayer) simply isn't going to happen.

I also feel like taking a step back from the PSP scene for a while and focusing more on learning some programming aspects that I have been avoiding up until now due to my current projects. My health still isn't great so I am going to have to cut some things out of my life to relieve some of the stress and this unfortunately will be some of my big projects.

I'm going to pretty much just come out and say it, Snes9x Euphoria probably wont be seeing another release, and if it does it is going to be a long way off (I am talking months not weeks). Daedalus is something I may contribute to on occasion (like I did), LuaPlayer Euphoria however will see periodic updates from time to time, since it can be worked on, with a feature by feature basis.

Aside from these I have a few projects that I am or will be working on myself (a game and a few applications for Windows and PSP + Maybe more), and a lot that I want to learn. I really do not feel I possess the skill to make huge strides with Snes emulation at the present time so just use those Italian guys version if you want. I'm not going to sit here and lie and say that it will be all perfect in a while, it will but it's going to take more time and experience than I possess at the present time.

So ya, I will still be around, posting and viewing. Just not contributing as much as I previously have.

Note : I am not leaving the PSP Scene or anything like that, just taking a little break :)

Thanks for all your support!

Memfis
November 17th, 2009, 15:32
That his post mean, that he has canceled SNES emulation?

Shrygue
November 17th, 2009, 15:59
Don't you worry Zack, everyone needs a break at some point. I hope you all the best in settling the real life stuff and for your return to the scene full time later on!

mike_jmg
November 17th, 2009, 17:36
Sometimes a break is what you really need, then you can have a better point of view at the problems you're facing, since you feel a bit renewed

Just happened to me, yesterday we had a day off because of a holiday here in Mexico, and I would have never imagined I'm starting to like my job today

juiceface
November 18th, 2009, 00:28
Thanks for your work on euphoria, great effort. get well soon.

O-bake
November 18th, 2009, 21:35
Real life always hast to be first priority, of course.
But thanks for the info, most people just vanish without a statement and that's sad.

Are you planning to release the source of snes euphoria?
Sorry if asking this is harsh, but snes on psp is so close to be finished since years, it would be a pity if you didn't ;)

SmashinGit
November 19th, 2009, 13:22
Get well soon Zack. Real life is soooo much more important mate.