PDA

View Full Version : PSPAtari: Atari 800/130/5200 Emulator for PSP v1.0.1 (beta)

zx-81
June 8th, 2006, 23:24
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspatari-snap-1.jpg

Hi All,

Atari800 is an emulator for the 800, 800XL, 130XE and 5200 models of the Atari personal computer.
It can be used on console, FrameBuffer or X11.
See http://atari800.sourceforge.net/ for further informations.

PSPATARI is a port on PSP of the version 2.0.2 (April 08 2006) of Atari800 from Petr Stehlik.

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

It's a first beta release and many work still remain such as sound support, change hardware type,
resize screen etc ...

Inside the emulator you can only run Atari 800 ROMS. Nevetheless, you can change hardware type
using the original emulator menu (Atari800 Menu) and then change the hardware type, and load
the rom you want :).

Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public license, read COPYING.txt file
for more information about it.

PS: Special thanks to Danzel and Jeff Chen for their virtual keyboard, and to all PSPSDK developpers.

Enjoy, :D

Zx.
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

SSaxdude
June 8th, 2006, 23:33
Dude... you've ported so many emulators... it's amazing.

zx-81
June 8th, 2006, 23:47
Dude... you've ported so many emulators... it's amazing.

yes, but it should be one of the last ... i'm a bit tired to port emulators lol !

luis_05
June 8th, 2006, 23:56
NO way!! ATARI running on my psp fw 2.01!!! there were tears ofjoy coming out of me!!! I havent cried since they took away married with children!!! I am speechless!! Thanks dude!!! I understand u must be tired!! take a break then come back and port some more!! lol. Thanks a million dude!! thanks a million!! get some sleep!!!

StealthCP
June 9th, 2006, 00:16
:D

Thank you.

Briggzy11
June 9th, 2006, 00:22
Yeh personally you should try and port all of the emulators. Im sure you aint tried the GBA yet and god knows knowing you, you'll be able do a XBOX 360 emulator haha great work...

djamm
June 9th, 2006, 03:03
Sweet,

My old favorite is now in the palm of my hands...

thanks so much for this ZX-81....

I will give it a try right away....

thanks again,

-=djamm=-

gunntims0103
June 9th, 2006, 03:22
great job look forward to future releases

aries2k4
June 9th, 2006, 03:23
Sweet. At last Atari. IŽll be watching for updates on this one. Nice Job

Nelsonpby
June 9th, 2006, 04:05
Thanks zx-81 for another port! Your bringing something new every week! Thanks!

Shannon
June 9th, 2006, 06:25
Nice, but please fix it up before moving onto the next emulator. The other atari 5200/800 emulator never got anywhere beyond the first release.

alleyal202
June 9th, 2006, 06:59
Now for a 2600,jaguar,sega CD,WOW great job!

SmashinGit
June 9th, 2006, 10:12
Great work zx-81, thanks alot.

luis 05

NO way!! ATARI running on my psp fw 2.01!!! there were tears ofjoy coming out of me!!! I havent cried since they took away married with children!!! I am speechless!! Thanks dude!!! I understand u must be tired!! take a break then come back and port some more!! lol. Thanks a million dude!! thanks a million!! get some sleep!!!

Married With Children was so cool! :)

zx-81
June 9th, 2006, 10:37
Nice, but please fix it up before moving onto the next emulator. The other atari 5200/800 emulator never got anywhere beyond the first release.

don't worry. i'm full (spare) time on it :)

gunntims0103
June 9th, 2006, 13:08
ey zx-81 i figure your gettin pretty tired coding all these projects by any chance are you gonna take a short break because of bein exhausted

ACID
June 9th, 2006, 13:11
Zx-81 dont give up people like you is the reason that we still play our psp. Great jjob by the way

zx-81
June 9th, 2006, 13:12
ey zx-81 i figure your gettin pretty tired coding all these projects by any chance are you gonna take a short break because of bein exhausted

to be honest, my motivation is now, not as big as it was for my first port on PSP lol ...

gunntims0103
June 9th, 2006, 13:20
to be honest, my motivation is now, not as big as it was for my first port on PSP lol ...

you should take a short break.......maybe a month to find your inner coder again and gain back that fire to work as hard as the first port that you did:D
still all of your projects are great.........im still lovin colico vision........hope everythin goes well..........just dont burn your self out:)

Unicorn
June 9th, 2006, 14:12
Who has been doing more than any other to help PSP 2.xx scene...
Yes, we have an eLoader...but if we dont have good applications, or such a big amount (and good) of emulators, it wouldnt be the same...
just try to imagine it, peeps...
You'r one of the best (and more generous) coders around here ZX, and we can only say to you THANKS.
i agree with some post over here, you should have a break. we will miss you...of course...but when you return, u will be like a hero for all of us :D
take care pal.

ACID
June 9th, 2006, 14:29
Thoes this have sound or is it just mi roms.

ACID
June 9th, 2006, 14:33
you should take a short break.......maybe a month to find your inner coder again and gain back that fire to work as hard as the first port that you did:D
still all of your projects are great.........im still lovin colico vision........hope everythin goes well..........just dont burn your self out:)
I agree you must know your work is very highly apreciated all over the PSP comunity. Maibe a break will do you good , or maibe A chalenge like the Atari jaguar will bring back your coder like godness. just dont quit the comunnitie first take a break.
Im having a beer on your behalf right now. LOL:D

Amiga
June 9th, 2006, 14:39
Thanks again ZX81

You are great :D

zx-81
June 9th, 2006, 15:12
Thoes this have sound or is it just mi roms.

There is no sound support from now ... I'm working on it.

zx-81
June 9th, 2006, 15:13
@gunntims0103, Unicorn, AcidBurn05 and Amiga : Thank you so much :)

mr_nick666
June 9th, 2006, 15:15
Another great emu! (I still own one of these!) :)
Thanks for everything youve done for the PSP ZX :D I hope you find something else on the PSP that gets your juices flowing :rolleyes:
I love your PSPsim emulator!!! :D :D :D (all the others too - Im old enough to have played most of them the first time round!) :eek:

Chuckman
June 9th, 2006, 19:22
Yet again another great release from the one-man emulation machine. :D

Zx-81, thanks for this! :cool:

wazzal7
June 9th, 2006, 21:09
Thank you!! I have been waiting for this emulator for months.

Shannon
June 9th, 2006, 21:19
Sound, a way to press the select and option keys, and artifacting alone would go a long way with this emu.

Things like changing system and drives are less used but would eventually be needed to play some games.

Messed with it some today. Certainly more functional than the other A800 emu which never seemed to get developed further.

Keep up the good work. The PSP has been kinda quiet without you.

n1ck_brown
June 9th, 2006, 23:21
Hey ZX81 - DON'T LISTEN TO THEM!

Go back to the computer. Keep slavin' away ! :-) Man, all of these emus are sweet especially the Beeb (my comp of choice when a little younger...).

Anyway, no-one's tried to do an Archimedes emulator <chuckle> but if you note below, it (should be) is possible and has been ported to GP2X...

[can't have that thing having emu's we don't!]

http://arcem.sourceforge.net/

anyway, once you get back from your holi-DAY.

l8rs

gunntims0103
June 9th, 2006, 23:28

Go back to the computer. Keep slavin' away ! :-) Man, all of these emus are sweet especially the Beeb (my comp of choice when a little younger...).

Anyway, no-one's tried to do an Archimedes emulator <chuckle> but if you note below, it (should be) is possible and has been ported to GP2X...

[can't have that thing having emu's we don't!]

http://arcem.sourceforge.net/

anyway, once you get back from your holi-DAY.

l8rs

hey coders need breaks to coding is not no walk across the pond it takes time and alot of mental stress not to mention the staring at the comp for hours breaks are needed we are all human.......at least most of us:D

zx-81
June 10th, 2006, 00:34

lol ! :D :D :D you want me to die on my keyboard :D

I will have a look on it, but i don't promise you anything ;)

Toplot
June 11th, 2006, 02:12
Thanks ZX-81. I've been waiting to play Star Raiders on my PSP for a long time now. This is great!!

zx-81
June 11th, 2006, 11:19

n1ck_brown
June 11th, 2006, 12:52
Honestly - you've done the Beeb and Atari. What more could anyone (realistically) ask for...

put your feet up, have a cold beer, watch Crouch robo-dance and work wirelessly with your laptop !

:-)

Heard that Microsoft gives a percentage to charity IF the employee GOES HOME by a certain time in the UK !!!! Better work/life balance to stop them coding all night long. BAR HUMBUG...

ZX81 - What emu do you like the best and what did you want ported ?

zx-81
June 11th, 2006, 13:02
Honestly - you've done the Beeb and Atari. What more could anyone (realistically) ask for...

put your feet up, have a cold beer, watch Crouch robo-dance and work wirelessly with your laptop !

:-)

Good advice, i will follow it right now :).

Heard that Microsoft gives a percentage to charity IF the employee GOES HOME by a certain time in the UK !!!! Better work/life balance to stop them coding all night long. BAR HUMBUG...

Lol.

ZX81 - What emu do you like the best and what did you want ported ?

I like the best PSPCPC (caprice32 port), because it reminds me so many good things of my childhood.

I spent so much time on it, it was my first real emulator port. Work still remain, because the sound is not as good as it should be :( ...

I like also PSPX48, because it's my first homebrew :).

chilywily123
June 16th, 2006, 05:38
i friggen love atari!!! omg!!!

zx-81
June 16th, 2006, 15:19
many work still remain, i've got the sound working but it's really bad :( ...

OopFjord
June 17th, 2006, 01:00
Fantastic work! Thanks so much ZX, this is so nice for those lazy summer nights...
Can't wait for sound!

zx-81
June 17th, 2006, 01:01
in a very few minutes ;) ...

SnoopKatt
June 17th, 2006, 01:03
Very nice, I love the Atari 800.

As a matter of fact, I actually own a few of the machines.

zx-81
June 17th, 2006, 01:30
Very nice, I love the Atari 800.

As a matter of fact, I actually own a few of the machines.

It's released :).