PDA

View Full Version : Sega Planning To Address PS3 Bayonetta's Load Times

Shrygue
November 18th, 2009, 18:12
via 1up (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176973)

The PlayStation 3 version of Bayonetta has a host of issues, not the least being long load times. As one fan pointed out in the official forums, it takes around 25 seconds to load a stage, 10 seconds to load a cutscene and five seconds to load a menu. Sega may be working on a solution though.

Responding to a query from a fan, a Sega representative wrote, "I can, in fact, speak on [the developer's] behalf in saying that a patch to correct this issue is under consideration through development to address the matter of the overwhelming load times with Bayonetta."

"Something I cannot address directly is when this will occur however I will be tracking this directly on all sides (the Japanese, North American, and European versions) as to ensure that we know exactly the status of each one. Provided that I am given full disclosure on this, I will be sure to keep you posted on what to expect."

So it looks like Sega is "well-aware" of the situation, though how exactly they choose to address it remains to be seen. It also seems unlikely that they'll take the time to address the game's framerate issues and the lower quality texture. Still better than nothing though.

Look for it on January 5.