PDA

View Full Version : NASA Attempts To Assuage 2012 Fears

wraggster
November 18th, 2009, 19:08
The apocalyptic film 2012 has dominated the box office, taking in $65 million on opening weekend. But with all those uninformed eyeballs watching the film, NASA has found itself answering so many common questions that their Ask an Astrobiologist blog offers calming, professional reassurance that there is no planet Nibiru, nor will it collide with Earth (although I do recall a massive solar storm forecast). NASA's main site even offers a FAQ answering similar questions. NPR has more on NASA scientist David Morrison and his efforts to calm the ensuing public hysteria, but survivalists are already planning for the big one. Pretty funny, right? Not according to Morrison: 'I've had three from young people saying they were contemplating committing suicide. I've had two from women contemplating killing their children and themselves. I had one last week from a person who said, "I'm so scared, my only friend is my little dog. When should I put it to sleep so it won't suffer?" And I don't know how to answer those questions.

http://news.slashdot.org/story/09/11/17/1729247/NASA-Attempts-To-Assuage-2012-Fears

VampDude
November 18th, 2009, 19:34
Haha, some people are so stupid... Nothing will happen in 2012, except I will be two years older and earning a salary.

Only the insane god nuts are taking the 2012 date too seriously, bu they can go ahead and commit suicide because from what I understand, suicide is an act of which sends the individual to hell (or so I was told), killing their children is murder, also an act of which will send the individual to hell... It looks to me, that the scared are only to goto hell because of their "would be" actions.

I wish them all luck in their contemplations of suicide and murder, with the only fact that they will be dead and the rest of us living our lives until we finally die of causes unknown, but not suicide because we are not all weak minded individuals, and if 2012 actually was going to be the last year on the calendar then so be it and I will meet them in hell. :cool:

the_eternal_dark
November 21st, 2009, 05:15
Only the insane god nuts are taking the 2012 date too seriously, bu they can go ahead and commit suicide because from what I understand, suicide is an act of which sends the individual to hell (or so I was told), killing their children is murder, also an act of which will send the individual to hell... It looks to me, that the scared are only to goto hell because of their "would be" actions.

I wish them all luck in their contemplations of suicide and murder, with the only fact that they will be dead and the rest of us living our lives until we finally die of causes unknown, but not suicide because we are not all weak minded individuals, and if 2012 actually was going to be the last year on the calendar then so be it and I will meet them in hell. :cool:

I was laughing at the thought of the Mayan calendar being made as a single guy or a small group of people who finally decided "Hey, we aren't going to be around forever, let's just stop making these damn calendars" and people just took it as a sign of the end of the world, not realizing that the guy or guys just got tired of doing pointless work.

jamotto
November 21st, 2009, 07:44
NASA lies! They are building a space ark from the parts they salvage from the soon to be retired space shuttle fleet to save everyone who is important, the rest of us slobs will have to fight to the death for the remaining vacant seats. You have less than two years to prepare yourself! :eek: :rolleyes: