PDA

View Full Version : Sony In Talks With Mozilla?

wraggster
November 18th, 2009, 20:13
We recently received a tip from a source very close to Sony who says that they have been in talks with Mozilla lately about possibly porting firefox over to the PS3. That said, our source made sure to point out that they were unsure if any deal had actually been reached at this point, but it is great news none the less considering the complaints Sony has been getting about the lack of reliability with their current built in PS3 web browser. Throwing firefox into the mix would give PS3 the ultimate advantage when it came to internet functionality. I know I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for this one, and PSInsider will be sure to bring you any updates to this rumor as they become available.

http://psinsider.e-mpire.com/index.php?categoryid=17&m_articles_articleid=1447

malgora
November 18th, 2009, 23:28
awesome.. ill sure be keeping my fingers cross.... but im lucky to have linux on my ps3 ... but still if i dont have to switch over every time that would be cool

jamotto
November 19th, 2009, 01:04
I would think Opera would be a better choice as its memory usage is much leaner compared to Firefox.

ICE
November 19th, 2009, 02:27
Thats cool and all but what I really want is a mobile Firefox on the PSP to replace the crappy Netfront or whatever it is.