PDA

View Full Version : PSP Game of the Year So Far ?

wraggster
November 18th, 2009, 21:34
Whilst the homebrew scene has been quiet of late the commercial releases for the PSP have certainly improved and yes about time too, im curious to ask which of the big games released in the last few months and upcoming months have really grabbed your attention.

Personally im playing football manager 2010 but Grand tourismo is pretty decent but whats your fave(s) ?

osgeld
November 18th, 2009, 22:25
my fav has to be the guessing game

like, what dumbshi* hardware revision is going to make me stand in a store 2x as long looking for yet another type of battery / cable / game format that all say PSP on them?

Homerun
November 18th, 2009, 22:28
Half Minute Hero. By Far.

symbal
November 18th, 2009, 23:00
Worst game of the year... Gran Turismo. not particularly bad and actually quite good really, but over 4 years of anticipation and just feels unfinished and no sim mode just kills it.

ojdon
November 18th, 2009, 23:44
GTA Chinatown wars was a great port which was released in October, never played the original DS version. But heck. A top down GTA IV Liberty City what more can you ask for?

AdamRav
November 19th, 2009, 00:05
GTA: Chinatown Wars was the best game

I would of voted for Gran Turismo but with no Simulator Mode it was a huge let down

sabernet
November 19th, 2009, 00:59
I'm still playing Dissida Final Fantasy. For a game I thought for sure was just going to be Fanboy Bate, it's actually really well composed and engaging.

That and I can kick Kefka's ass with Terra and get Garland to beat the crap out of Kuja.

jamotto
November 19th, 2009, 01:20
Tenchu: Shadow Assassins is easily the best.

watupgroupie
November 19th, 2009, 04:34
I don't see how any of you even got into Gran Turismo. The graphics were a bit lacking I think, and the cars physics were a total joke along with practically no handling difference between cars. There's a drift mode in the game, which made me laugh because without proper physics, real drifting isn't even possible. Or was I playing a different game here, maybe there's an older Gran Turismo for PSP?

God of War came out this year on PSP didn't it, or it was very close to this year, well that gets my vote.

jxx2005
November 19th, 2009, 04:49
Need for Speed: Shift - was pretty good, for a racing game

GTA: CW - not bad, they could have gotten rid of those little events like hotwiring cars for the port, but w/e

Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines - assassin's creed on PSP, i've dreamt of this since i first played AC and then played my PSP

LittleBigPlanet PSP - not bad, just more LBP from what i can tell

Final Fantasy Dissidia - mostly just a fan game, but not terrible for what it is

my vote goes to AC: B

darkriku2000
November 19th, 2009, 04:54
Definitely AC:BL or Dissidia

neckilljo
November 19th, 2009, 08:43
fieldrunners

D.S.Darkness
November 20th, 2009, 01:48
I don't see how any of you even got into Gran Turismo. The graphics were a bit lacking I think, and the cars physics were a total joke along with practically no handling difference between cars. There's a drift mode in the game, which made me laugh because without proper physics, real drifting isn't even possible. Or was I playing a different game here, maybe there's an older Gran Turismo for PSP?
vote.

Well the Graphics are actually quite nice, i have no idea what your talking about, the game over all was good, but Like mentioned earlier with out a Sim mode, the game just isnt the same.

jamotto
November 20th, 2009, 03:10
God of War came out this year on PSP didn't it, or it was very close to this year, well that gets my vote.

March of last year I don't think counts as very close to this year.

nomi
November 20th, 2009, 10:41
LittleBigPlanet gets my vote...!

jxx2005
November 20th, 2009, 18:58
LittleBigPlanet gets my vote...!it is excellent