PDA

View Full Version : Off topic: Steven Johnson on "The Colbert Report"

Cap'n 1time
June 9th, 2006, 06:08
Since wraggster usually posts this kind of off topic news I decided i would just put it in submit news and let it be moved wherever.

http://www.stevenberlinjohnson.com/

Steven Johnson, Authoer of Everything Bad Is Good for You appeared on the North American comedy "Fake News" show that is the "Colbert Report" (silent "T's") to breifly discuss a few video game related things. It seems while everyone is trying to convice parents all video games are a waste of time, and thus making kids dumber, Mr. Johnson pointed out that many games are actually making kids smarter. He used Civillization IV, one of last years most poplare games, as an example saying that kids are able to create civillizations, managing economy and what not.

I will post a link to a movie of the interview tomarrow, or you can wait and see it on your own at www.comedycentral.com

shadowprophet
June 9th, 2006, 10:08
Dude I love that show, Steven colbert kicks complete ass :D

acn010
June 9th, 2006, 10:38
oh god,
lol

sroon
June 9th, 2006, 14:41
Yah well.. I like to be off topic TOO!
TTTTIIIITTTTTTTYYYYYYS!
"tits"

sroon
June 9th, 2006, 14:42
OFF TOPIC AGAIN!

heh, the word incest is in Monks old emu Nincest!
eh Shadow!

shadowprophet
June 9th, 2006, 14:47
lol :p
Your suave as hell bro, id rep ya if I could, oddly tho im not able to rep anyone anymore,
I wonder if this problem is unique to my account. or If repping has been dissabled :confused:

Ps I have added you to my AC friends list. as soon as I get the time im soo gonna steal all your towns fruit lol :cool:
Sp, The AC fruit bandit :D

sroon
June 9th, 2006, 18:00
OFF topic again!

Shadowprophet Yer my hero!1
o o o o I know lets get married and run away!!!
jk
But you are my hero!
BTW the only reasoon im spamming this forum is because it doesnt really matter that much AND it sais OFF topic so it must be okay!/(.)(.)\

shadowprophet
June 9th, 2006, 18:36
OFF topic again!

Shadowprophet Yer my hero!1
o o o o I know lets get married and run away!!!
jk
But you are my hero!
BTW the only reasoon im spamming this forum is because it doesnt really matter that much AND it sais OFF topic so it must be okay!/(.)(.)\
Well I mean it does say like right there in the very first part of the title off topic,
And on that note, Today is beer day, :D
Im gonna get like sooo not sober later :D:cool::p

sroon
June 9th, 2006, 18:42
Ok so whats this forum about again.
i dint think iv ever watched this show or whatever!

shadowprophet
June 9th, 2006, 18:45
Its this completely insane comedy newscast on comedy cenrtal right ofer the daily show, Its the complete bombdigity :D You will love it :cool:

bobcobb
June 9th, 2006, 20:21
The Colbert Report is awesome. He is a last bastion of hope in a degenerating society and failing government. Thank god for political satire.

Video_freak
June 10th, 2006, 03:01
dude sroon, you're kinda obssessed huh? btw, i LOVE the colbert report

sroon
June 10th, 2006, 05:54
I bricked my fuggen psp!

shadowprophet
June 10th, 2006, 06:32
I bricked my fuggen psp!
What happened!?!:eek:

Kaiser
June 10th, 2006, 08:15
This may be an off-topic news post but that doesn't mean you can post what ever you want in this thread. Please stay on the topic 1timeuser posted about guys.

I bricked my fuggen psp!

Thats rough man. :(