PDA

View Full Version : A Newbian question, pt.1

Paavo
October 28th, 2004, 15:15
Hello! I was googling my way trough the net for N-gage emulation, when this page popped up. I own an N-Gage QD, and I was wondering, can I somehow emulate games on it, since I don`t think the QD has any inputs for transferring data (like I imagine the original has, since it has an MP3 player, the QD doesn`t have one)?

So should I just forget it, or can I download data down the "airwaves" too? And if so, how can this be achieved, or could you direct me to some spesific info on the subject.

Thanks.

elefas
October 29th, 2004, 16:25
doesn't the QD has a mmc card slot? data is transferred with mmc cards.

krowstrife
October 29th, 2004, 21:02
you can do two ways, one for sure works
get a mmc format it then get a memory card reader then download and put on mmc,but i don't know if you can format with a QD, you can always get a friend with an orig ngage to do it ???

QD=bad
YOU= N-OOB
j/k ;D

SmashinGit
October 30th, 2004, 07:04
You can format your mmc card on the qd

Paavo
October 30th, 2004, 11:56
Thanks for the info!

Anywhoos, how much does a memory card reader cost?

Just to be sure I got the info correctly: First I get a MMC card, and then a MMC card reader. The card reader is plugged in some input in the computer, right? I insert the card to the reader, and copy those files I have downloaded from the net to the MMC card. Now I can transfer this data to the QD. Am I set like this?[/noob] ;D

SmashinGit
October 31st, 2004, 01:56
Thats right, the mmc reader plugs into a usb port, then you just cut and paste, a lot quicker, they cost around £10 - £20

SmashinGit
October 31st, 2004, 01:57
I actually got a free mmc reader when I bought my mmc from car phone warehouse.

Paavo
November 1st, 2004, 06:05
Thats right, the mmc reader plugs into a usb port, then you just cut and paste, a lot quicker, they cost around £10 - £20

Holy sh**t, that`s not expensive!! *goes to buy one* ;D

Thanks a bunch!

Paavo
November 5th, 2004, 10:31
BTW, is the screen going to be all squished on the N-Gage emulation, or is there a way to optimize the screen lenght/height that it don`t look all funky on the Gage? :P

SmashinGit
November 5th, 2004, 12:30
On the c64 emulator you can rotate the screen round if you want, but to be honest with you, you soon get use to the screen and it only seems to bother people who aint used it.

Paavo
November 6th, 2004, 06:37
So, I`m getting that means "yes, a squished *screen"... :(

Well, I bet I get used to it....:P