PDA

View Full Version : good times.....i wanna hear your favorite snes games here

gunntims0103
June 9th, 2006, 23:03
snes has really gone a long way and i wanna here peoples all time classics and reviews that they have for the game..........snes is loved by many and i wanna here wat ya have to say

my top three
1-megamanx
http://ps2media.gamespy.com/ps2/image/article/677/677298/mega-man-x-collection-20051216115350481.jpg
2-supermarioworld
http://www.consolepassion.co.uk/images/reviews/super-mario-world/mario1.jpg
3-zelda
http://www.danielthomas.org/Assets/Zelda3.jpg

these are my top picks there are more of course but these are the ones i play the most

Shadowblind
June 9th, 2006, 23:06
Lets see....
ZELDA LINK TO EL PASTO
Mechwarrior 3050
eh....
FF mystic quest
FFIII
FFII
Star Fox
Populous
Doom

yeah...good times....

Kramer
June 9th, 2006, 23:13
id have to say the donkey kong series were my favourite.

fav 2 player games
nba jam
killer instinct
and street fighter alpha 2

gunntims0103
June 9th, 2006, 23:15
yea donkey kong was great so was street fighter

good times

xuphorz
June 10th, 2006, 01:22
Terranigma. by far, the best snes game made

Dull Blade
June 10th, 2006, 06:27
I have a snes. in the 90's my genesis (megadrive) was my primary console, but I did enjoy DK country 2 and FFIII (i never did beat it)

JeffTweedyIsGod
June 11th, 2006, 15:43
My fav is "Puyo Puyo 2 Remix". The best Puyo-game ever created. I also enjoyed Super Mario World and the bomberman games. There were so many great snes-games I could never name them all.

younggunn1999
June 11th, 2006, 16:24
I love Super Smash Smash!!!

Eric
June 11th, 2006, 16:31
Super Mario Allstars + Super Mario World - all games are amazing on the cartridge

Street Fighter Series - just about any street fighter game was amazing on the SNES

Yoshis Island - the graphics and fun factor made this game one of SNES last brilliant games

Killer Instinct - Mortal Kombat was great but the combos in this game were far more superior and i think the graphics were a smidge better

Maximum Carnage - Spidermans greater days i believe and using Venom was kickass

Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball - One of the best ever baseball games ever made and during the SNES days it topped the charts

The Legend Of Zelda - One of my most favourite Zelda games i dont know if this would top the N64 ones but i loved the graphics and action in this game

Star Fox - I was amazed when this game released not only by its graphics and sound the fact it was able to 3D aswell as it did and its the great shooter on the SNES and if i do believe was probably a competition Virtua Racing which was another 3D released for Genesis using Polygons aswell.

Super Mario RPG - Teaming up with Square Enix was the best idea Nintendo did and therefore making a Mario RPG game that nobody thought could have been so great

Pilot Wings - I played this alongways back and is still one of my favourite games if i can only remember what i was supposed to do to land on a target

Anyways those are some of my favourite games i purchased these just yesterday and the SNES system. I have a little more in the collection but none that truly need to be on this list. I'm hoping to have the whole Donkey Kong Country trilogy for the SNES as they were some of my fav games aswell.

Super Nintendo is my all time favourite system

Eric :)

beetroot bertie
June 11th, 2006, 19:11
I have a soft spot for the SNES too. It was the closest thing to having an arcade machine in your home (well it seemed that way to me at the time).

My 5 faves were:

Super Probotector (Contra 3 Alien Wars)
Legend Of The Mystical Ninja
Street Fighter II Turbo
Super Mario Kart
International Superstar Soccer.

All offered good multiplayer games too, especially ISS and Super Mario Kart. Had some good rumbles on them.

gunntims0103
June 11th, 2006, 19:51
yea super mario carts was great en so was all the street fighter series they were all great

Shilo
June 11th, 2006, 22:32
Ummmmmm my favorite SNES games
Super Mario All-Stars
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island (suprised somebody hasn't said that yet)
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Chrono Trigger
Super Off-Road The Baja
Super Mario Kart
Super Smash TV

BTW these are not in any speacial order.

xuphorz
June 11th, 2006, 23:26
damn, anyone else tried Terranigma? if not, try it. it's a zelda like game

gunntims0103
June 11th, 2006, 23:51
damn, anyone else tried Terranigma? if not, try it. it's a zelda like game

is it good il try to get around to tryin it wat is it sum kind of rpg or sumthin wen i have time il get back and give some feed if i try it

Zion
June 12th, 2006, 00:14
Super Mario World & Kirby Superstar :p

xuphorz
June 12th, 2006, 02:50
is it good il try to get around to tryin it wat is it sum kind of rpg or sumthin wen i have time il get back and give some feed if i try it

it's alot like zelda, but with rpg elements. (numbers appear over heads, experience points, etc.) and much longer than zelda. and a much better story also

Kaiser
June 12th, 2006, 02:56
Super Metroid
Super Mario World
Contra III Alien Wars
Uniracers
Chrono Trigger
Donkey Kong Country
Super Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting

gunntims0103
June 12th, 2006, 03:00
i forgot about super metroid that game was alsome so was contra 3 street fighter 2:the new challengers is ma fav good choises kaiser
o yeay xuphorz will test your game in a min ma comp is on a down time for downloads right now just got to give it time

Shadowblind
June 12th, 2006, 03:13
it's alot like zelda, but with rpg elements. (numbers appear over heads, experience points, etc.) and much longer than zelda. and a much better story also

is it even possible for it to be better then zelda?:eek:

xuphorz
June 12th, 2006, 03:17
is it even possible for it to be better then zelda?:eek:

hell yes :)

it's that good. but not a casual game, like zelda was. it has save points, and they are sometimes far apart