PDA

View Full Version : PSPMSX: MSX Emulator for PSP v1.0.4 (disk support)

zx-81
June 10th, 2006, 00:28
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspmsx-snap-4.jpg

Hi All,

Here is a new version of PSPMSX the MSX series Emulator for PSP (and i hope the last).

What's new in version 1.0.4 :

- Disk images are now supported !
- Joystick support
- Code cleaning

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public license,
read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.

Enjoy it as much as i took pleasure to port it on the PSP,

:) Zx.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

migsgiz
June 10th, 2006, 00:37
thk u zx-81

mg1&2 on the go!!!!!!!!!!!!!thks

snkrock25
June 10th, 2006, 01:35
I have a bad feeling he's going to stop once he's done with the retro consoles of the 80's.:(

But we do have metal gear :o

gunntims0103
June 10th, 2006, 01:38
hey if a mans gotta take a break then let em he's done alot for the psp emulation community this emu is great by the way good job

The_Ultimate_Eggman
June 10th, 2006, 02:22
Nice work dude !! thxs !!

publicprivates
June 10th, 2006, 03:06
oh great... NOW I HAVE TO GET OFF MY 300 POUND HAWAIIAN ASS AND START PLAYING SOME SNATCHER! THANKS ALOT ZX!

edit: Sorry to be a bother but i cant start up my snatcher disk image. It starts up and stuff but then it goes straight to msx msbasic thingy and i dont know what to do. Please help!

zx-81
June 10th, 2006, 08:26
oh great... NOW I HAVE TO GET OFF MY 300 POUND HAWAIIAN ASS AND START PLAYING SOME SNATCHER! THANKS ALOT ZX!

edit: Sorry to be a bother but i cant start up my snatcher disk image. It starts up and stuff but then it goes straight to msx msbasic thingy and i dont know what to do. Please help!

Disk image i've tried were bootable image, so no need to enter BASIC commands.

BTW, if your disk is not bootable you have to enter little comands manually (using the virtual keyboard) :

To list the content of the disk A

files

To list the content of the disk B

files "B:"

To run a file on disk A :

BLOAD "mygame.bin",R

To run a file on disk B :

LOAD "B:mygame.bas",R

:)

jordilt
June 10th, 2006, 08:45
:D :D :D Well, you did it again, and once again THANK YOU!!!

StealthCP
June 10th, 2006, 11:18
Disk support...

*gargles*

crossfadeking
June 10th, 2006, 17:09
snatcher i found only loads to the first main screen.
then doesnt seem to go further!
or is it really slow?
does anyone get in game?

publicprivates
June 10th, 2006, 20:10
yeah, ummm, i'm trying to play sd snatcher now and it says insert Sound Cartrdge. what do i do?

John Vattic
June 15th, 2006, 20:40
i have no problem with rom images. they load great and i can configure the keyboard to the psp controls. however there are some issues with speed it seems to either go real fast or go slow.

disk images hang. i tried a disk image and after loading the boot image it hangs at the intro screen.

and yes sd snatcher asks for some sound patch or something

but it's still a great emulator. still very playable.

zx-81
June 16th, 2006, 15:35
First of all, thanks for your feedback :)

i have no problem with rom images. they load great and i can configure the keyboard to the psp controls. however there are some issues with speed it seems to either go real fast or go slow.

Using the speed limiter, and psp clock to 333 it should fix the problem.

disk images hang. i tried a disk image and after loading the boot image it hangs at the intro screen.

It may happens that it hangs on given games ... :(

and yes sd snatcher asks for some sound patch or something

but it's still a great emulator. still very playable.

I've tried the spanish version, and it works fine ... :( ...

Vitoxxx
June 26th, 2006, 04:51
wich version of psp this work with 1.5, 2.0, 2.6???

zx-81
June 26th, 2006, 09:17
all <= 2.6 FW.

Vitoxxx
June 26th, 2006, 23:00
so every version ....... good
can you please explain me how to put and use this emulator in my psp and how to put games (mg1 and mg2) thanks i am a newbie on this

D0N
June 26th, 2006, 23:06
First of all get PSPMSX version 1.0.5. Thats the latest one. Then once you download that open up the zipped folder and go to the folder which has your version on it. Open that folder up and copy the folder that says PSPMSX to PSP/GAME folder on your psp. To play the ROMs download them and put them inside the ROMs folder.

Congratulations you got MSX on your PSP. ;)

gunntims0103
June 26th, 2006, 23:08
bro why dont you read the file in the download that says READ ME and you'l get all the answers to your questions im sorry but all you have to do is look "noobz" seem to always want answers to there questions when all they have to do is look

sorry for flaming but very true

btw zx-81 great work this emu is alsum your the best i would congragulate you in french but sadly i got a 58 in my french final so im no good at it........lol

good work bro

D0N
June 26th, 2006, 23:11
I agree with you. People should read the README but i just like to help out. ;)

zx-81
June 26th, 2006, 23:34
bro why dont you read the file in the download that says READ ME and you'l get all the answers to your questions im sorry but all you have to do is look "noobz" seem to always want answers to there questions when all they have to do is look

sorry for flaming but very true

btw zx-81 great work this emu is alsum your the best i would congragulate you in french but sadly i got a 58 in my french final so im no good at it........lol

good work bro

lol thanks :)

Vitoxxx
June 26th, 2006, 23:35
i am not bother about flaming so no problem but one last question his this really works in a psp 2.60 version because i dont want to "brick" my psp thanks in advance

gunntims0103
June 26th, 2006, 23:38
i am not bother about flaming so no problem but one last question his this really works in a psp 2.60 version because i dont want to "brick" my psp thanks in advance

bro your psp is not going to "brick" alright if threre was a chance that this would break your psp im sure zx-81 would not put it out for the homebrew puplic this will not brick your psp just follow the instructions in the READ ME and you'l be fine

Vitoxxx
June 26th, 2006, 23:41
thas a relief thanks

Vitoxxx
June 26th, 2006, 23:43
ok

Gizmo356
June 26th, 2006, 23:43
why do noobz always dumb questions just read the read me

Vitoxxx
June 26th, 2006, 23:47
i have put them in my psp but the files are damage what should i do

Gizmo356
June 26th, 2006, 23:52
did you look at them in the game folder and it said corrupt and r you using fanjitas eboot loader to load the homebrew

Vitoxxx
June 27th, 2006, 00:08
i downloaded the emulator put the mg1 and mgs2 roms in the rom folder and put the pspmx folder in the psp but everthing his corrupted when i tried to play them

gunntims0103
June 27th, 2006, 00:18
bro if your running a fireware 2.0 and higher you need fanjita's e-loader you also need a copy of gta to run e-loader i thought that you would have at leased knew this

Vitoxxx
June 27th, 2006, 00:24
yes so? can you explain the gta thing

gunntims0103
June 27th, 2006, 00:33
bro go to noobz.eu and you'l get every piece of info you need i explained it to many times my head hurts just look through stickys

im sorry but to flame this isnt directed at just you but "noobz" always want the answers just handed to them look around lik the rest please

get gta (grand theift auto)for psp then get the latest version of e-loader bock would be best then its self explainitory from there

please look and read around as i am done just giving explainations to the same thing over and over

im sure other users feel the same

thanx for the time

publicprivates
June 27th, 2006, 02:08
J'adore ZX-81! ZX-81 est tres cool! ZX-81 est bon coder!(i got a 46 in french! sorry if it doesnt make sense!)

zx-81
June 27th, 2006, 17:23
J'adore ZX-81! ZX-81 est tres cool! ZX-81 est bon coder!(i got a 46 in french! sorry if it doesnt make sense!)

It makes sense lol ! many thanks :).

Xi0N
June 27th, 2006, 20:43
I have a really great problem now with this emu and i need somebody to help me..

I have been playing mgs1 (awesome) and after killing the guy with the flamethrower, the game gets unstable, soem sprites appears randomly through the screen and makes the msx emu to restart....
I can load a state saved by the emu, and i can call by radio and do whatever i want , but when i go to the normal view of the game, and i attempt to walk, in less than one second (even without walking) this problem appears again.. and tehre is no way to go on...

Does anybody know about this problem?
Is there any solution?
Get a new bios? where?
Save the game through the game? when i try to do so(f5) and i input a filename to save, it allways appears an error message saying cant save.... maybe because i have no disk inserted? how to use them??

I need somebody to help me.. long time playing untill here to have to restart the game again... :(

Thanks

pexx
July 2nd, 2006, 17:45
apparently ALL emulators can brick up your psp so use them wisely and only if you know how

D0N
July 2nd, 2006, 17:50
wtf??? where did u hear that???!!!

Xi0N
July 2nd, 2006, 18:09
apparently ALL emulators can brick up your psp so use them wisely and only if you know how

Everything can bkik ur psp, is up to u to use it carefully and knowing what u are doing ;)

D0N
July 2nd, 2006, 18:55
ALL emulators do not brick your PSP.

zx-81
July 2nd, 2006, 19:11

Yes of course, and it can cause of hair fall also ... :rolleyes: