PDA

View Full Version : Problem with pc suite

bastonas
October 27th, 2004, 12:06
Hello...my problem is the same of ando`s problem...
"Hello, can anyone help? I have just got my N-Gage but am having problems in using PC Suite. I have formatted my card using the N-Gage and connected my N-Gage to my PC via the USB cable. When I go into PC Cuite it says 'This is the first time you have used PC Suite. Please attatch your Nokia N-Gage to the PC and press OK to continue or press close to exit PC Suite.' The connector symbol on the toolbar is greyed out (disconnected). I have clicked on this and it gives me 3 COM ports to select but when I select them nothing changes, I end up having to close PC Suite. I have bluetooth enabled on the N-Gage. Am I missing something completely obvious? Could someone advise how I should go about doing this correctly. I don't know if it means anything but I have Windows XP."
only that when i connect my cable i cant see the other drive .... : :-[
can anyone help me figure this out please?

bastonas
October 27th, 2004, 16:24
HELP !!!!!!!!!!!! please!!!!!!!!!!!

Retroid
October 31st, 2004, 15:09
I just got my Ngage this weekend and I've been playing about with it. So far I haven't been able to get PCSuite working at all with my Ngage, it's been a complete dead loss. A USB cable but yet the software only provides options for COM1 & IR? ::)

Never mind. I found that my hooking up the Ngage via the USB cable XP recognised the MMC storage on the Ngage as a removable drive so I was able to copy things over to it regardless. If you have any .SIS installer files all you need to do is copy them to the root of your MMC and then when you've unhooked the USB cable (the Ngage can't see the storage while it hooked to the PC) you go into Tools/Management and you should see the installers listed there.

Hope that helps. :D