PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Console: Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Pilotwings, All Coming

wraggster
November 21st, 2009, 15:08
Has a year of uninspiring selections all but made you forget the Wii's Virtual Console even existed? Understandable. Might want to buckle up, though, because three of the most-requested games for the service are finally making an appearance.

This coming Monday - November 23 - sees the release of the original SNES Mario Kart, for 800 Points. Good news. Better news is to come, though, as "sometime this holiday season" Nintendo will also release the original SNES Pilotwings and the original N64 Smash Bros. Exact release dates and pricing to come on those two.

Leaving just one game on my Virtual Console wish list. Jurassic Park. Chop chop, Nintendo.

http://kotaku.com/5409774/virtual-console-mario-kart-smash-bros-pilotwings-all-coming

Jay6
November 21st, 2009, 17:23
I think Nintendo's forgetting another certain fanbase... or they're just completely ignoring it. I'm pretty sure Earthbound, and even the original Mother, were more requested than Pilot Wings.

However, I'm glad they're finally bringing Super Mario Kart. I love that game.

Veskgar
November 21st, 2009, 20:24
I haven't updated my Wii to the latest firmware so I can't access the Store any longer. I have the homebrew channel installed with emulators. Is there a way of having the latest Wii system update AND keep homebrew and emulators working?

gr42178
November 21st, 2009, 20:41
I haven't updated my Wii to the latest firmware so I can't access the Store any longer. I have the homebrew channel installed with emulators. Is there a way of having the latest Wii system update AND keep homebrew and emulators working?

My Wii has the newest firmware (4.2) and I have the homebrew channel installed. You need to use the new exploit. It's called bannerbomb, If you google it it is the first link.

h2923j42n2
November 24th, 2009, 06:38

If the only thing you want is to be able to access the Wii Shop Channel, you could use the Wii Shop and IOS61 installer (http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Shop_and_IOS61_installer) to update it. By doing this, you will not have to update the System Menu.