PDA

View Full Version : Premodded PSPs and Undiluted Platinum at ModchipStore.com

wraggster
June 10th, 2006, 12:29
The Modchipstore.com (http://affiliates.modchipstore.com/idevaffiliate.php?id=892) have revealed that they are stocking the Undiluted Platinum Modchip and also selling Premodded PSPs, heres the info:

http://www.modchipstore.com/files/images/16328.jpg

Sony PSP Undiluted Platinum (U.P.) PSP Mod Chip - World's First PSP ModChip!

The Undiluted Platinum PSP Mod Chip is packed full of features. It is every gamer's dream to have a modded PSP that will play all Homebrew Games, Movies, and Apps. The Mod Chip will Unbrick any previously Bricked PSP because of its 2nd flash on the board. It is hands down the BEST breakthrough in the gaming industry today.

The U.P. (Undiluted Platinum) PSP ModChip is a flash replacement system for the Sony PSP™ which allows the use of previous flash updates or custom firmware builds, This ability creates the opportunity to run unsigned homebrew code on even the latest Sony PSP Handheld Portable. There is no more need for Unreliable Hacked Firmware. The U.P. contains 32MB NAND flash which is programmable from a PC via USB Cable with user friendly software. The Dual-Boot Feature of the U.P. PSP Mod Chip allows you to boot from the PSP's Onboard Flash, or the one mounted on the Undiluted Platinum PSP ModChip; You can tell your PSP which Flash to use by a single button being pressed during power-up. Hold L1 during power up to boot from PSP flash, or dont hold anything to boot from U.P Flash Default. Since U.P. provides a secondary flash which the PSP can boot from, it can even be used to restore a PSP which has been "bricked". Every effort has been made to make our flash updater software, which will be freely available for download, both as easy to use and reliable as possible. The software also contains diagnostics which can be used by installers to determine if an installation has been successful or not.

Professionally Pre-Modified Limited Edition Ceramic White PSP with Undiluted Platinum (U.P.) PSP Mod Chip!

http://www.modchipstore.com/files/images/16322.jpg

Available for a limited time, the Professionally Pre-Modded Ceramic White PSP includes an unprecedented added-value package of accessories, including the PSP System battery pack, AC adaptor, and USB Cable

The Limited Edition Japanese White Sony PSP Giga Pack is truly a beautiful thing to look at. This item is VERY limited in stock, so get yours today, before they are gone!! This unlike its reglar black console is very exclusive. The Sony PSP has changed the gaming industry forever! Setting new standards in multi-media and graphics it is a hard one to top...

The White PSP is Japanese version but is fully compatible with all USA games and adapters. The PSP can be charged on any power plug (its operates on 110-220v)

Buy both at Modchipstore.com (http://affiliates.modchipstore.com/idevaffiliate.php?id=892)

pepegomez
June 10th, 2006, 12:55
thats great. but it is awvailable for buying now or jsut in stock. im confused. hehe

ok i checked the site they say:

shiped on 6/14/2006

T-2000
June 10th, 2006, 13:50
ill wait to see what sony do to prevent it working.. the 1st versions are always risky...lol

bandit
June 10th, 2006, 14:22
I have contacted them. We'll see if my plans work out. Keep an eye out for an exclusive on my website.

Accordion
June 10th, 2006, 14:39
i think ill wait for a few tests and reviews first, but this is great news, i would like to find out about the battery power consumption. does this mean the psp may be able to boot up in linux eventually?

i bet the software is windows only though, i have a mac, damm the .exe extension

gunntims0103
June 10th, 2006, 14:45
i will probaly buy a psp with the mod chip already installed in it ppl should wait for like other brands of the mod chip to come out cause who knows if this mod chip will work on futhur updates made by sony but i do want a white one with a mod chip in it that would be great

acn010
June 10th, 2006, 15:02
eh, already installed modchips? that was fast...........
ok any prices for single modchip?

gunntims0103
June 10th, 2006, 15:04
for a single modchip i belive is 90 american dollars and 75 euros i believe i wanna know how much is the psp with the mod chip already installed

acn010
June 10th, 2006, 15:12
nevermind, $100
$5oo for the white psp

acn010
June 10th, 2006, 15:13
for a single modchip i belive is 90 american dollars and 75 euros i believe i wanna know how much is the psp with the mod chip already installed
$500 dollars)
too much.....................:eek:

gunntims0103
June 10th, 2006, 15:19
500 thats a little to rich for me i would get it only if i was reasured that the mod chip would work on future updates that sony puts out

robotdevil
June 10th, 2006, 15:26
I wouldn't believe any such claim. There's no way for them to know.

StealthCP
June 10th, 2006, 15:38
I've bought one. Waiting patiently now :D:D

rmg060606
June 10th, 2006, 15:39
that is very expensive i was thinking of paying 200 and getting the modchip installed since i bricked mine but thats alot of money im not that rich

PunishedOne
June 10th, 2006, 15:57
That's a very nice service they're offering, but $500? For that much, you should be offering 2 gig sticks along with the PSP.

Pedal Bike Pete
June 10th, 2006, 17:33
OMFG!! i just blew a load in my pants when i saw this!! :D AWSOME MAN!! ima definetly getting a mod chip, but will most likely wait to see what others think of it

Accordion
June 10th, 2006, 17:44
eww

Nafogel
June 10th, 2006, 17:59
It certainly looks tempting, but i agree with most folks, lets wait and see what sony does to keep it from working, i mean, if it cant boot any newer firmware because sony blocks it, than the chip would be pretty much useless.

Video_freak
June 10th, 2006, 18:02
many better and newer and possibly cheaper mod chips will be out soon... i hope! :)

Accordion
June 10th, 2006, 18:12
it maybe possible that sony can stop the modchip from running the next firmware, but how can they stop it running from the psp flash?

V3N0M
June 10th, 2006, 18:31
Trust me they'll find a way and put milloins of dollars into finding a way to stop it. Personaly i am going to wait for other mod chips and only install one when sony has released their new PS1 emu. Not to mention in time they will be cheaper. Until then i'm going to buy a DS lite that way i willhave something to do untl all of this blows over aloung with homebrew on my psp.

ACID
June 10th, 2006, 19:12
500 thats totaly crazy.

mavsman4457
June 10th, 2006, 19:14
i agree with many posts previous. in a couple of months there will be cheaper, better, easier installed (maybe) modchips that are out and have been reviewed. for me to buy one now i would have to either be rich or far more impatient than i am now.

BALL_SAC
June 10th, 2006, 19:42
$100 to much

DenofLions
June 10th, 2006, 21:10
I honestly don't think there will be a way to stop it, its hardware. Unless they do something extreme like make the Psp firmware check to see how many flashes there are and crash if theres an extra. In newer Psps that come out Sony will probobly have a way to stop it built into the hardware though.

nyrtrublue
June 10th, 2006, 21:25
idk if you have heard of the dev hook project but it is amazing its better than paying this but it wont work for evryone

any way if you are bored check this out its hilarious
http://www.fugly.com/videos/4882/the_juggernaut_bitch.html

Illegal Machine
June 10th, 2006, 21:30
I'll bet these guys are PRAYING that Booster doesnt get 2.71 emulation working... either that or offering him money to stop his work, I would be..

I mean I would totally buy a premodded 2.71 that loads eboots like a 1.0, JUST to have it. I mean as much as I LOVE my 1.5 that boots up 2.5, I would like a 1.0 that boots up 2.71 that I can keep up with the updates AND load my ISOS and HOMEBREW even more.

So if I were in charge of that project i'd be biting my nails hoping to GOD that Booster fails... But you know he wont

Long live Booster

emuking
June 10th, 2006, 21:49
sony cant release another psp to stop this they would lose money they are going to try to stop these modchip guys and also booster because them along with mph fanjita and others they are sony's greatest fear

cloud_952
June 10th, 2006, 22:09
sony cant release another psp to stop this they would lose money ...

You misunderstood what the people were saying. They're suggesting Sony will modify the motherboard inside the PSP to change where things connect, or move the flash, etc. It would have no impact on the customers, who probably wouldn't even know about the change. You see, it's not uncommon for there to be tons of changes between versions of a product. The Xbox had 7+ different internal designs and the PS2 has.. what, 8 or so? This is definitely possible Sony will do it, but it won't impact those who already own a PSP.

mavsman4457
June 10th, 2006, 23:59
are any other psp mod's taking place? a better processor? internal memory? others?

edit: just so there's no confusion, this statement is kind of off topic. i am not referring to the mod chip, just exploring other possible hardware mods.

Video_freak
June 11th, 2006, 03:23
i can't wait to have a mod chip in my psp so that i can have THREE firmwares running on it. jk, that would be completely pointless. :)

stotheamuel
June 11th, 2006, 06:13
hmm sony is no doubtedly pissed...

and claims of 500 dollars (unofficial) for the pre installed psp make no sence... because thats the price of 2 psps.. totaly causing no use for this modchip

SnoopKatt
June 11th, 2006, 06:18
$500 is indeed crazy for a modded PSP, and $100 is already a lot for a mod chip. But the method and everything is very conveinent. That's also cool how it could unbrick a PSP. But they're in big trouble if they copied any of the coding from Sony...

acn010
June 11th, 2006, 06:20
ok, i just realized of th upcoming PS3.
im not gonna buy them mod chip for following reasons:
1.-PS3 is coming out this November(im not sure about the date, but im sure about the price *cough* *600 dollars* *cough*) and im gonna buy it(second pack).
2.- probably theres gonna be V3.00 that has a huge capabilties comunicating wireless way the psp and the PS3.
3.- im doubting that the modchip wont work for the new version.
as some people in this thread, there gonna be more modchips in the future and will come cheap, lets hope so.
and the white PSP modded, i think is a ripoff, no offense, but it is too expensive. its like buying in the future for a PS3 first pack. GOD! //moves head to the left side//

RedKing14CA
June 11th, 2006, 10:06
AHHAAHAH WE HAVE YOU BEAT NOW SONY!!! HERE IT IS NOW SUCK IT!!!

edit: sorry, i couldnt resist...

younggunn1999
June 11th, 2006, 12:14
I'll wait too to see how good it works has anyone installed the chip yet? I wanted the white psp but... $500 that's way more then I'm willing to spend.

Forever~Zero
June 11th, 2006, 13:28
The only thing i am afraid of is that somehow SONY can release a firmware update which renders the modchip useless. Other than that i might just wait for some feedback from users 1st.

younggunn1999
June 11th, 2006, 16:03
I was looking on ebay for a 1.5 psp some where going for 199.00 strating bid I have a 2.6 but I really want a 1.5 I could buy it but I think I'll just wait to see how this mod chip thing is going to go because I would be pissed if the chip works fine and it's only $99.00 or less later on.

MaxSMoke
June 12th, 2006, 01:58
I kinda doubt the legitimacy of this Mod Chip. I'll have to see some reviews from 3rd party sources before I'll buy into it's claims.

Still, if it is a Firmware Swapper, like they claim, there shouldn't be any way for Sony to stop it. Once the chip hands off the firmware for your gaming session, at that point, your PSP will be that firmware. It only kicks in before booting, and has no effect afterwards. The Firmware can't detect itself loading, that would be like doing brain surgery on yourself!

If the chip really works, and the price comes down to a more reasonable level, I might get a Pre-modded PSP. After all, I could sell off both of my old PSP's (fw 1.5 and 2.6). I could, finally, never again have to choose again between taking my new PSP (w/ a New game), or my old PSP (w/ tons of Homebrew)!

One PSP to Rule them All!

Zion
June 12th, 2006, 02:00
Yeah, Dual-firmware is the way to go :p

V3N0M
June 12th, 2006, 06:07
Thats exactly what i'm doing. I will probaly buy a pre modded psp in the future when the price comes down. For now i will enjoy my 1.5 and probaly give it to my brother if i buy a new psp with the two firmwares or keep it LOL.

Lodis
June 12th, 2006, 14:50
$500 for a pre-modded Psp is not worth it and I wouldn't even pay that much even though I am in the UK where $500 = £271.

I am content with Devhook with it's full 2.5 emulation and I have faith in ''Booster'' to get 2.6 and other firmwares working. It will be easy for Sony to modify the Psp in future hardware revisions to totally stop this Modchip. Even something as simple as making sure there is no more space or opportunity for additional connections to be made. I think pre-modded Psps will eventually become like 1.5's, rare, a dying breed up for sale on Ebay. Still, I am a cynic so maybe I am wrong:)

MUDD
June 12th, 2006, 18:36
29.95 and i would buy one and probably never get around to installing it .what are they stupid .fugamodchip.

would be great to have something like this .
but not at 99 bucks for something to me
is unproven