PDA

View Full Version : Perfect 2.50 emulation?

IndianCheese
June 10th, 2006, 19:43
I heard that "thy-program-that-must-not-be-named" could now emulate the 2.50 XMB and browser perfectly, so I downloaded it. It doesn't work. The screen goes black, freezes, and the PSP hard resets. Do I have to have a 2.50 UMD in for it to work?

BTW, this is post #666! LMAOZORZ!!1!11!!!one!!1!1! I'm going for 1337 now!

SSaxdude
June 10th, 2006, 21:11
Download it from http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=30380
You then start it up, make the correct settings (I probably shouldn't mention them here,) it will then reboot the PSP in 2.5.
In answer to your question, no you don't need a 2.5 UMD in the drive (I use Death Jr.,) but it has to be a game. And you will only need a UMD in the drive if you want to load a game. For the web browser and stuff, you don't need a UMD in the drive.
If you need more help, PM because right now I'm a bit concered the mods won't like this.

Cooe14
June 10th, 2006, 21:41
Is there any way I can use this to boot the Monster Hunter UMD (not ISO)?

SSaxdude
June 10th, 2006, 22:49
I don't know, check out the forums at psp-hacks.com. If the UMD doesn't work, why not then use an iso (it's perfectly legal.) Also, I don't exactly see why we can't talk about this program here. It's not like you have to use isos to make it work.

Cooe14
June 11th, 2006, 01:56
I don't know, check out the forums at psp-hacks.com. If the UMD doesn't work, why not then use an iso (it's perfectly legal.) Also, I don't exactly see why we can't talk about this program here. It's not like you have to use isos to make it work.
I don't have 600+mbs of space to spare on my memory stick.

IndianCheese
June 11th, 2006, 05:20
Well, I just simply formatted my stick and it works!

(stick lol)