PDA

View Full Version : Tipster Unzip/Unrar 0.3 Atlantis - Not to be leaked

AnonymousTipster
June 10th, 2006, 19:43
Ok, here's a little contribution to Atlantis for you to test briefly before release.
I've got .rar extraction working for my unzipping utility. Password for zip is wateryhaven
New features:
Rar support (including RAR3) + passworded Rar support
__SCE__ to kxploit renamer (mainly for iRShell users)

Installation:
2.0+/Standalone: Install as regular application
1.5/iRShell: go into zipplugin folder, and copy OSKGraphics folder and EBOOT into X:/IRSHELL/EXTAPP/APP4 and

X:/IRSHELL/EXTAPP/APP5 . Boot iRShell and configure the settings so that zip are associated with APP4 and rar are associated with APP5

Other:
Switch between RAR and ZIP with trigger buttons
__SCE__ to kxploit will list folders in PSP/GAME and allow you to click any __SCE__ named folder to rename it so that it shows in iRShell App View

Primarily, this is just a beta to make sure you guys can get it to work, and I'll probably only fix serious errors, as I'd like to make it public within the next few hours.

Download: www.anonymoustipster.com/TipsterUnzipUnrarAtlantis.zip

PSmonkey
June 10th, 2006, 21:04
I'll give it a quick go right now. :)

Hey, any chance later you can add suport to kohkae engine? Would be nice to add suport for archived data. :)

PSmonkey
June 10th, 2006, 21:15
Few things

1) nice icon
2) Actual path selection vs having to type the path would be better. I really dont want to type out the full path just to get to the file and where to extract it.
3) Triangle being a back button is a little confusing (prefer circle). I know it follows ps1 standards but I think most things now use circle for back (usa standard0
4) Your menu lets you go down 1 past extras. Maybe doing if > vs >= ?

DPyro
June 10th, 2006, 21:56
What use would this be for besides unzipping files in IRShell...Could say, PSmonkey include it into iris for pk3 (zip files) support? :)

AnonymousTipster
June 10th, 2006, 22:58
Few things

1) nice icon
2) Actual path selection vs having to type the path would be better. I really dont want to type out the full path just to get to the file and where to extract it.
3) Triangle being a back button is a little confusing (prefer circle). I know it follows ps1 standards but I think most things now use circle for back (usa standard0
4) Your menu lets you go down 1 past extras. Maybe doing if > vs >= ?

Hey, any chance later you can add suport to kohkae engine? Would be nice to add suport for archived data

As I don't have time to release right now, i'll tweak a little and then release tomorrow.
1) Thanks :p
2) I initially designed this as an iRShell plugin, designed for quickly opening a .zip and extracting to PSP/GAME, but I think (seeing as I've already used the code here) that I might as well add in a browser to find directories and files.
3)OK, I'll change back to O and alternate select to []
4)If you notice, the ZIP menu has an item that the RAR does not (haven't worked out how to list items yet), so I removed one from the RAR menu, but the total items number remained the same. (Oops.)

I ported the unrar 3 library so that it would support all types of .rar, but this means I am bound by it's license which dictates that only decompression is allowed. Once finished, I will release the unrarlib source, so that other applications can do extraction.
So yes, I can add support for archived data to KohKae, but not modification/compression of rars. For that .zip would have to be used. I want to get .zip compression into the final release of this utility.

PSmonkey
June 11th, 2006, 00:00
Cool. Sounds great AnonymousTipster.

As for integration into KohKae, Just simple decompression is all that would be needed. I might even just go zip suport insted. I want to allow games to organize their data files (like in q3 you just need a pak/pk3 file (which is actualy a zip that contains everything the map set needs).

DPyro
June 11th, 2006, 05:54
Alright I tested your app and the rar file I tested didnt seem to unrar...but zip files do.

EDIT: Ok I tried another rar file and the psp crashed :(

AnonymousTipster
June 11th, 2006, 08:40
Where did you get the .rar from, and can you extract it OK on the PC?

EDIT: Does it have directories inside the rar? I think that might be the problem.
EDIT^2: Directory extraction seems normal to me. Hmm.

DPyro
June 11th, 2006, 16:46
It's just rar files that I have on my computer. The one extracted 1 folder but that was it...The other gave me an error and the psp froze and shut off.

DPyro
June 11th, 2006, 16:48
extractingRar........hFileWERROR! - tested with monkey64 rar file...

AnonymousTipster
June 11th, 2006, 16:57
I found the issue - It doesn't like the looping directory function, so if you have:
ms0:/dir/file.txt it's OK, but if you have
ms0:/dir/anotherdir/file.txt it errors out.

New build is up, same link as last. Now with:
Fixed directory extraction
Filebrowser for file and directory selection (click square over ZIP/RAR File or Extract To: )
Circle now as back button

This should hopefully fix all problems.

OT: How many members have we got in atlantis? (Ones that test apps, so admins don't count unless they contribute)

PSmonkey
June 11th, 2006, 17:41
Well small list so far

i think about 5-6 people plus admins usualy stop by to look but don't post.

Need to up the count but also trying to be very carefull who I add in. If you have any recomendations let me know (actualy going to add a topic).

Evab3vA
June 11th, 2006, 21:27
Right, just had a play about with this. :) Tried extracting both .zip and .rar files.

Both .zip files and.rar files with compression set to maximum won't work..

I tested one file [Super Mario 64] and compressed using maximum and normal. Normal extracted fine when maximum would not.

Might have another play around in a bit more detail later on. Great work so far though. :)

AnonymousTipster
June 11th, 2006, 22:09
Hmm, that's odd.
I just tried some tests of my own:
Rar works with all good and best compression fine. It was ported from the latest snapshot of the library, so should be able to uncompress it all. Works for me.
Zip works with Maximum (portable) but not Maximum (enhanced deflation), hence the name 'portable'.

Are you 100% sure that you were on the .rar menu for rars and .zip menu for zips and you didn't switch by accident?

If you're definitely still getting issues, try updating your PC-side software to the lastest version and try recompressing them.

EDIT: I'm just going to release it now, and any compatibility problems will be looked into for the next release.