PDA

View Full Version : Lua RTS Prototype

yaustar
June 10th, 2006, 20:03
Preface: This is just a side project whilst I am working on my main one (which isn't PSP related). This is being done for several reasons:

1. Learn Lua
2. See if LuaPlayer or Lua can handle a RTS system on its own (which it honestly looks like it can't).
3. As a welcome distraction to the main project.

I haven't tested it on a PSP but it works fine in LuaPlayer for Windows. I appreicate if someone can tell me the FPS when 'played' in the PSP's Luaplayer.

At the moment only basic scrolling and radar really work but a lot of the framework is there so the new features won't take much doing.

The graphics were taken from the author of CS Stratergised (sp?) which are from C&C. However the code is my own taken from various sources.

Edit: I have just found that there was a Starcraft Lua RTS where the menu graphic seems to be from. Apologies.

Edit2: The menu graphic seems to be from Fallout.

[Minor Update 2006-06-12]: Fixed a major coding error where I my member variables weren't acting as member variables but as globals. Added interactivity with the radar. Try pressing circle on it ;). Also switched the debug button from L to Select.

http://i6.tinypic.com/13zqyo2.png

wraggster
June 10th, 2006, 22:07
awesome ill stick it in the PSP News page :)

gunntims0103
June 10th, 2006, 22:27
great work bro

smith1
June 10th, 2006, 23:42
I get 60 fps constant with it.

yaustar
June 11th, 2006, 00:06
Fantastic. Cheers.

smith1
June 11th, 2006, 04:11
By the way, I must say, it looks very nice. Thumbs up from me.

Keep up the good work.

RedKing14CA
June 11th, 2006, 10:02
Thank you SO much... ive been asking for a solid RTS psp base, thats easily modified (maps, characters, etc.)

this looks perfect, a very good start...
hope you can do more :)

b8a
June 11th, 2006, 13:17
Rock on. With all the keen coding advice you've offered to the members of this forum, I've been curious to see what kind of projects you've been working on.

Keep it coming (-_!)

Briggzy11
June 12th, 2006, 00:03
Fantastic for a first time LUA user...

...Keep up the good work and I look forward to your main project :D

yaustar
June 12th, 2006, 02:36
[Minor Update 2006-06-12]: Fixed a major coding error where I my member variables weren't acting as member variables but as globals. Added interactivity with the radar. Try pressing circle on it ;). Also switched the debug button from L to Select.

File has been updated.

Kaiser
June 12th, 2006, 02:48
Rock on. With all the keen coding advice you've offered to the members of this forum, I've been curious to see what kind of projects you've been working on.

Keep it coming (-_!)

Exactly my thoughts.

Nice work yaustar :D

edit: Within time I'm sure an Admin will upgrade your account with Coder privileges.

yaustar
July 8th, 2006, 02:23
And this is why I hate end users sometimes:
http://pspupdates.qj.net/index.php?&pg=49&aid=54489&act=success

This is a fricking prototype!!

mikeccc987
September 11th, 2006, 04:49
Those are some sweet sprites. Can you tell me where you got them. I would've sent this as a private message but it won't let me:confused:

mr_nick666
September 11th, 2006, 09:03
And this is why I hate end users sometimes:
http://pspupdates.qj.net/index.php?&pg=49&aid=54489&act=success

This is a fricking prototype!!

/\ /\ Thats why Im on DCEMU! ;)

This is looking great and I hope its a portent of things to come... :D Ive read (not understood alot because I dont code! :o ) most of your posts and you always know what youre talking about... Ive been waiting to see what youre going to produce... :p Keep pushing the boundaries.... ;)