PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 3 Vs Xbox 360 - Big Fight, Live!

wraggster
June 10th, 2006, 21:30
Via Yahoo (http://videogames.yahoo.com/ongoingfeature?eid=463075&page=0)

If you want a great platform to play the highest end games right now, then the Xbox 360 is the only choice to go with. Xbox Live is an extremely impressive online service, while the software catalog already contains some must-buys and is rapidly expanding.

If you want a system that doubles as a next-gen movie player, then you need to wait. The PlayStation 3 60GB is the only game system with a confirmed HDMI output and the only one guaranteed to playback all Blu-ray movies in full resolution. Until we hear more from Microsoft, the Xbox 360 can't promise to run HD-DVD content at its intended resolution.

Bear in mind that even with a steep $599 price tag, early adopters will often snatch up all initial shipments. This means that unless you pre-order, chances are good the only place you'll be able to find the PlayStation 3 in November is on eBay (at an insanely high cost).

SSaxdude
June 10th, 2006, 22:44
It's time to get out the boxing gloves.

r2works
June 11th, 2006, 04:17
i heard PS3's HDTV compatability is not true HDTV quality and in fact its missing some type of chip or compiler that is supported in HDTVs.. something about them taking it out to cut down pricing on the consoles

any1 else hear this?

stotheamuel
June 11th, 2006, 06:06
i doubt it... sony isnt nintendo

they dont make or sell cheap consoles

kimbonious
June 11th, 2006, 07:09

:D Right, of course they don't

BALL_SAC
June 11th, 2006, 20:59
SONY OWNS MICROSOFT!!!

If you you want my vote... SONY.
And if you ask me, I think Phil Harrison would beat the pants off of Bill Gates anyday.

digitalpedro
June 16th, 2006, 11:30
fd

bunnyassassin
June 16th, 2006, 21:14
ok the xbox 360 is obviously superior in almost everyway, first of all they have an outstanding online system with tons of good online games, they have a hard drive - yes i no the ps3 is going 2 have 1 as well but it wont have anywhere near the same capabillity as the xbox 360 has, also the ps3 is goin 2 b around $650-$700 cause of tax. also the PS3 has a crappy online system and it only has very few good online games. so if u wana try and save the shity system OF A PS3 u can IM me at

freaky ninja6546 - thats my aim:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Accordion
June 16th, 2006, 21:25
name the good games for 360 then...
you must love laminating...
how will the ps3 hdd have less capability, if you mean downloads, you must be forgetting the ps3 runs linux!

BALL_SAC
June 16th, 2006, 21:57
DOWN WITH MICROSOFT... HIEL SONY!!!

All I can say is that xbox 360 will not have as good as graphics, and no good games.

With PS3, good games, better graphics, bigger hard drive, and mabley even a better online service!!!
So what do you have to say now bunny assassin?

dan3127
June 16th, 2006, 22:37
How can anyone begin to even suggest that the x box 360 can outgun the playstation3 i think you microsoft fans are forgetting something, remember when the ps1 first came out look at the catolouge of many many games that were able to be bought by us, then came the playstation 2 with the ease of playing the ps1 games aswell,and dont forget that the ps2 games have a huge huge libary aswell and now comes the ps3 ok it costs more but the ps2 was 300 pounds when it first came out so if you think what the ps3 will offer us in superior in everyway then its not as much money as everyone thinks, and the hard drive almost doubles the size of the xbox 360 so sorry microsoft fans dont get me wrong i think there both fantastic but ps3 will rule the war of the next gen consoles.

Kaine.shutler
June 19th, 2006, 12:10
Okay, to put it lightly, PlayStation beats 360 in every way. Even the price...

First of all, graphics on the xBox 360 are not as advanced as they first said they were. The reason? Microsoft were desperately trying to get the 360 out before Sony released the PS3, so MS rushed the console in order to get it on the shelves before Sony. The biggest set-back for this mistake was the graphics, of which MS beat Sony with the original xBox and Sony PS2.

Next up is the 360's Hard Drive is 20GB, and that's the more expensive option! The PS3's least expensive option matches this and the more expensive one pisses all over it.

Online play on the xBox 360 is phenominal, but Sony have copied this, and enhanced it. It can only be better!

Controllers on the xBox are ugly, and fat, like the people that use them, whereas the PS3 bananarang controller was dumped for the PS2 controller redefined! With motion sensors to stear a car or ship by turning the wireless conroller from left to right, and tilting it back or forwards. Up to 7 PS3 contollers can be attached by BLUETOOTH only. The 4 xbox 360 controllers can be attached with wires in the value version until you buy an accessory.

Output in PS3 is HD! Not compulsory but what's more, High Definition is over 4 times better than a standard TV. So think about it... When you watch TV, say a show like Big Brother... PlayStation 3 has 4 times better graphics than real life on a standard TV.

Cell Processor... enough said there!

Games: Of course, xBox has a few great known titles: Halo, PGR, umm, yup thats it. But PlayStation has Metal Gear, Gran Turismo, GTA, Burnout, The Getaway, Motorstorm, Alan wake, Eye of judgement, Heavenly Sword. I could go on.

What's more, with the PS3, you can send Text Messages, video chat, upload podcasts, videos meh. I can't be bothered to type in the endless list.

PS3 Disc types. Theres alot: Disc media: CD, PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R,CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD, DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side), PlayStation2 DVD-ROM, PLAYSTATION3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW
Blu-ray Disc, PLAYSTATION3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE

Linux is pre-installable onto the 2.5 inch removable hard drive to use as a fully operational computer with the following ports: six USB2 ports, a CF slot, SD slot, Memory stick slot and Memory Stick Duo slot and the ability to save game data, music, videos or anything you want to any USB or USB2 mass storage device.

Price... Yes, the PS3 beats the price of the 360. Don't beleive me? Read on: From PS2 Magazine.

This is based upon the Value 360 and 60GB PS3.

The Scart plug you get with the PS3, is HD and AV, for normal or HD TVs. They both come free with the PS3. The 360 on the other hand, you only get the AV, you have to bay for the HD for £17.99.

Wireless conrolers for PS3 is free. You have to buy them seperately for 32.99 for the 360. You only get 1 wired contreoller with the 360.

Charge the controllers with the PS3 is free, you get the USB lead to charge them up. With the 360, you have to buy a play and charge kit for £14.99.

Wireless internet on PS3, again, free. Xbox internet us £60.

Memory card for the 360 is £60. PS3, £0.00.

HD Movie Playback on the PS3 is free. for the xbox 360, its over £300!

TOTAL PRICE FOR PS3 with all extras: £400
TOTAL PRICE FOR 360 with all extras: £695.94
A saving of nearly £300! So get the PS3, its better and cheaper.

Let this be the last message:
PS3 PISSES ON 360

nickcarswell
June 19th, 2006, 13:00
The point is you have to pay ATLEAST £350 just to have a games console to play games with if you want a PS3 with a 360 you have to pay 220 at a minimum and yes the ps2 magasine says that the 360 ammounts to more money if you get all the poxy unusable features the PS3 so eagerly boasts but the funniest bit is that they they have the extra prices of the bits (around £20 a piece) then they just say Blueray player Around £300 - yeh, the thing is microsoft had the brains in the first place not to get some poxy drive that is never gonna catch on. Look at the PSP's UMD - it was meant to be amazing. Movies so accessable yet the person who boasts this so much (kaine) only has 1 - which he got free by registering his psp. So to be honest putting an extra £300 on top and saying oh yeh the ps3 is even cheaper is just utter crap, which is all sony enthusiasts ever talk. I remember a few months back sony had their dualshock controller and said everything thats bad about it and then showed the boomerang controller. THEN they reinstate the dualshock. i love the way no PS fans picked that up!

Next - size and weight!!! Sony and sony lovers made such a fuss about the xbox 1's weight when all your xbox would do is sit on a shelf or something, oh and you had to spend an extra 30 or 40 quid just to get an network adapter for multi console play on a PS2 which was standard on a xbox. Ive taken my xbox to mates houses for multi game play, i never had a problem. Whats more is the ods have really turned as sonys console is now bigger and heavier that the 360 but im sure their excuse which completly contradicts their views between the ps2 and xbox 1 is the spec!

Reliability - All products have flaws when they come out and companies are quick to recitify that error (especially microsoft when it comes to software - as they have xbox live) But how come nearly everyone i know has had a problem with their ps2, i dont know anyone who has had a problem with an xbox personally.

Online services - in sonys last playstation magazine they say *thanks microsoft we now know how to do online services* - well thats funny, a huge company like sony admiting they have no idea how to create an online marketplace and certainly from sonys E3 previews they will be very forceful upon making you use their free service as they want to try and beat xbox live. Oh good a free service, so if your account gets blocked for bad gameplay you can simply rejoin again WAHOO a games network full of cheats and bad players, once again great idea sony!

PC intergration - Microsoft being the biggest software developer in the world has created seemless links between XP, media center edition and Vista (their new os) this means its almost like another network computer and you can use it like one also. Stream music across, use the portable hard drive as a removable storage device and so on, plus the ability to use linux if you really want to.
on the other hand sony has no pc intergration, yet they boast so whole heartedly you can have linux, great give a bunch of sony users an operating system theyve never heard of before. They will learn how to use that really well wont they! Maybe they could type up a word document with open office. But oh no they cant print it! how useful is that!!! atleast with the 360 you can print the files through a pc like you would on any network.

So i can conclude that sony can try and use really expensive unseen components, but if blu-ray falls on its face sony are safely said STUFFED Microsoft actually have something called software. A console aint nothing without software and sony just cant do it! Sony have had to get countless outside help to get their consoles made and get them working, We all know the saying *if you want something done well, do it yourself. which is exactly what microsoft have done and sony havent.

on the games rant - who has the best selling game of all time. Nope not sony - Its the Xbox 1 with halo 2 :)

Thats my 2 cents (and my afternoon gone)

jimjamjahaa
June 19th, 2006, 13:05

someone get some my acid arrows, i smell a troll

jimjamjahaa
June 19th, 2006, 13:13
Okay, to put it lightly, PlayStation beats 360 in every way. Even the price...

First of all, graphics on the xBox 360 are not as advanced as they first said they were. The reason? Microsoft were desperately trying to get the 360 out before Sony released the PS3, so MS rushed the console in order to get it on the shelves before Sony. The biggest set-back for this mistake was the graphics, of which MS beat Sony with the original xBox and Sony PS2.

Next up is the 360's Hard Drive is 20GB, and that's the more expensive option! The PS3's least expensive option matches this and the more expensive one pisses all over it.

Online play on the xBox 360 is phenominal, but Sony have copied this, and enhanced it. It can only be better!

Controllers on the xBox are ugly, and fat, like the people that use them, whereas the PS3 bananarang controller was dumped for the PS2 controller redefined! With motion sensors to stear a car or ship by turning the wireless conroller from left to right, and tilting it back or forwards. Up to 7 PS3 contollers can be attached by BLUETOOTH only. The 4 xbox 360 controllers can be attached with wires in the value version until you buy an accessory.

Output in PS3 is HD! Not compulsory but what's more, High Definition is over 4 times better than a standard TV. So think about it... When you watch TV, say a show like Big Brother... PlayStation 3 has 4 times better graphics than real life on a standard TV.

Cell Processor... enough said there!

Games: Of course, xBox has a few great known titles: Halo, PGR, umm, yup thats it. But PlayStation has Metal Gear, Gran Turismo, GTA, Burnout, The Getaway, Motorstorm, Alan wake, Eye of judgement, Heavenly Sword. I could go on.

What's more, with the PS3, you can send Text Messages, video chat, upload podcasts, videos meh. I can't be bothered to type in the endless list.

PS3 Disc types. Theres alot: Disc media: CD, PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R,CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD, DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side), PlayStation2 DVD-ROM, PLAYSTATION3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW
Blu-ray Disc, PLAYSTATION3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE

Linux is pre-installable onto the 2.5 inch removable hard drive to use as a fully operational computer with the following ports: six USB2 ports, a CF slot, SD slot, Memory stick slot and Memory Stick Duo slot and the ability to save game data, music, videos or anything you want to any USB or USB2 mass storage device.

Price... Yes, the PS3 beats the price of the 360. Don't beleive me? Read on: From PS2 Magazine.

This is based upon the Value 360 and 60GB PS3.

The Scart plug you get with the PS3, is HD and AV, for normal or HD TVs. They both come free with the PS3. The 360 on the other hand, you only get the AV, you have to bay for the HD for £17.99.

Wireless conrolers for PS3 is free. You have to buy them seperately for 32.99 for the 360. You only get 1 wired contreoller with the 360.

Charge the controllers with the PS3 is free, you get the USB lead to charge them up. With the 360, you have to buy a play and charge kit for £14.99.

Wireless internet on PS3, again, free. Xbox internet us £60.

Memory card for the 360 is £60. PS3, £0.00.

HD Movie Playback on the PS3 is free. for the xbox 360, its over £300!

TOTAL PRICE FOR PS3 with all extras: £400
TOTAL PRICE FOR 360 with all extras: £695.94
A saving of nearly £300! So get the PS3, its better and cheaper.

Let this be the last message:
PS3 PISSES ON 360

even tho you are clearly a fanboy, you make an interesting argument

i suppose it all depends on what bits you will use.

BUT

£100 here or there for the console means nothing when you concider how many games you will end up getting at £50 a pop

4 games... 200 quid... 10 games 500 quid... kinda puts the relevence of how much the 1-time-purchace console costs in to perspective

and what with the first stand alone blu-ray player costing £1000 i dont think the ps3 is actually bad value. but it seems hating sony is the fashionable thing these days....

nickcarswell
June 19th, 2006, 13:25
I also remind kaine that the ps3 doesnt have the capability to piss which is suprising considering some of the crap they have stuck in side the ps3

Kaine.shutler
June 19th, 2006, 13:39
The point is you have to pay ATLEAST £350 just to have a games console to play games with if you want a PS3 with a 360 you have to pay 220 at a minimum and yes the ps2 magasine says that the 360 ammounts to more money if you get all the poxy unusable features the PS3 so eagerly boasts but the funniest bit is that they they have the extra prices of the bits (around £20 a piece) then they just say Blueray player Around £300 - yeh, the thing is microsoft had the brains in the first place not to get some poxy drive that is never gonna catch on. Look at the PSP's UMD - it was meant to be amazing. Movies so accessable yet the person who boasts this so much (kaine) only has 1 - which he got free by registering his psp. So to be honest putting an extra £300 on top and saying oh yeh the ps3 is even cheaper is just utter crap, which is all sony enthusiasts ever talk. I remember a few months back sony had their dualshock controller and said everything thats bad about it and then showed the boomerang controller. THEN they reinstate the dualshock. i love the way no PS fans picked that up!

Next - size and weight!!! Sony and sony lovers made such a fuss about the xbox 1's weight when all your xbox would do is sit on a shelf or something, oh and you had to spend an extra 30 or 40 quid just to get an network adapter for multi console play on a PS2 which was standard on a xbox. Ive taken my xbox to mates houses for multi game play, i never had a problem. Whats more is the ods have really turned as sonys console is now bigger and heavier that the 360 but im sure their excuse which completly contradicts their views between the ps2 and xbox 1 is the spec!

Reliability - All products have flaws when they come out and companies are quick to recitify that error (especially microsoft when it comes to software - as they have xbox live) But how come nearly everyone i know has had a problem with their ps2, i dont know anyone who has had a problem with an xbox personally.

Online services - in sonys last playstation magazine they say *thanks microsoft we now know how to do online services* - well thats funny, a huge company like sony admiting they have no idea how to create an online marketplace and certainly from sonys E3 previews they will be very forceful upon making you use their free service as they want to try and beat xbox live. Oh good a free service, so if your account gets blocked for bad gameplay you can simply rejoin again WAHOO a games network full of cheats and bad players, once again great idea sony!

PC intergration - Microsoft being the biggest software developer in the world has created seemless links between XP, media center edition and Vista (their new os) this means its almost like another network computer and you can use it like one also. Stream music across, use the portable hard drive as a removable storage device and so on, plus the ability to use linux if you really want to.
on the other hand sony has no pc intergration, yet they boast so whole heartedly you can have linux, great give a bunch of sony users an operating system theyve never heard of before. They will learn how to use that really well wont they! Maybe they could type up a word document with open office. But oh no they cant print it! how useful is that!!! atleast with the 360 you can print the files through a pc like you would on any network.

So i can conclude that sony can try and use really expensive unseen components, but if blu-ray falls on its face sony are safely said STUFFED Microsoft actually have something called software. A console aint nothing without software and sony just cant do it! Sony have had to get countless outside help to get their consoles made and get them working, We all know the saying *if you want something done well, do it yourself. which is exactly what microsoft have done and sony havent.

on the games rant - who has the best selling game of all time. Nope not sony - Its the Xbox 1 with halo 2 :)

Thats my 2 cents (and my afternoon gone)

Carswell, you really haven't done your homework. The PS3 is the same size as the XBOX 1 but it needs to be bigger to fit the PS2 Hardware inside. The 360 emulates xbox 1 games to play on the 360. The PS3 has the actual hardware.

The PS3 is not a games console. Its a computer, and for a gaming computer, the size is very small and very inexpensive.

Umm, I havent had a problem with the PS2, neither has Tom, or your brother, or sam, or couzens, or porka. ONLY Jordan.

Blu-ray will not fail. There are allready some 100 movies currently being copied to blu-rad media and the first BluRay player is out this week for £1000. PS3 is less than half this and has a BD player.

Halo is about the only good game there is on xbox, so players dont have alot of choice. Its halo, or some other crappy game.

Oh and which console was out first?
XBOX or PS2? Ps2. It had online play which xBox copied.

:) Theres my view Mr Crapswell

Kaine Shutler

Kaine.shutler
June 19th, 2006, 13:46
I also remind kaine that the ps3 doesnt have the capability to piss which is suprising considering some of the crap they have stuck in side the ps3

I am quite aware that the PlayStation 3 has no tool to dispose of waste fluids. I think this is quite pointless to do as the PS3 needs no liquid to run.

And what crap have sony put in the console? intrigue me.

Maybe you are talking about the 'crap' like the ability to record TV onto the PS3 Hard drive, or the ability for the PS3 to stream TV to your PSP or listen to music on the PS3 by streaming music to the psp through wifi or tha ability to use the PSP as the PS3 controler or the ablility to use the PSP as a rear view mirror in F! games or...

The PS3 can also be BUILT TO ORDER, because the PS3 is a computer. You can upgrade RAM, Hard Drives (up to 120GB at present) and much more.

Accordion
June 19th, 2006, 14:29
first off
playstation2 was online first(not including dreamcast) tony hawks 3 worked with loads of USB modems you could just plug in and setup.

secondly,
the only good game on xbox is halo, which is just a copy of the mighty Red Faction on ps2.

third
xbox is made by microsoft, and being a devout mac user i refuse to ever let bill gates into my home
(apart from word, but thats way to universal to ignore)

Kaine.shutler
June 19th, 2006, 14:33
I back that! Anyhow, bill is resigning. Too much competition with PS3, delays with Vista and google developing a free office suite.

Napalm-Death
June 19th, 2006, 16:03
I back that! Anyhow, bill is resigning. Too much competition with PS3, delays with Vista and google developing a free office suite.
I agree, he's probably backing away from the PS3 so he can blame his company and not himself when everyone realizes that the PS3 destroys the 360.

tsurumaru
June 19th, 2006, 17:25
I'm LOLing at this thread.

Some people have some very interesting view points and wild information sources.

Unless you are going to have thousands of nanomachines injected into your eyeballs to enhance your vision you will not be able to notice the difference in the graphical power of either machine. 1080p versus 1080i, come on, does anyone even actually own a 1080i TV yet?

One things for sure you can bet your goddamn arse that you won't be able to actually buy a PS3 in the uk for £425 at least until the middle of 2007, the machines available at launch will be "bundled" with games by retailers (probably titles you don't particularly want to buy).

MS have been fairly clever in avoiding the Blueray vs HD-DVD war by opting for an external drive, that way they can quietly release a Blueray version if HD-DVD gets pasted. Sony on the other hand have pretty much staked it all on them winning the format war (of which admittedly they have a fairly good chance). The only problem I can see is do consumers really want a new format? I can go out a pretty much buy any DVD I want for under £10 do I really want to have to fork out £30 for the latest Blueray release? Or am I happy with the quality of my DVD collection which I have spent the last few years building up? You guys guess.

Accordion
June 19th, 2006, 20:35
you seem to be forgetting that the ps3 will boost blu ray sales. and vice versa

DPyro
June 19th, 2006, 21:24
Who ever has an HDTV will care...But I think its too early right now to be console basing when only 1 console of the 3 are out right now (although, admitedly theres now reason to buy an X360 right now when theres no games for it)....

nickcarswell
June 19th, 2006, 22:32
kaine - shrew got his 360 cos his ps2 wernt playing games youve admitted that yours no longer plays blue based games and the front of yours is missing. Jordan got a slimline after his broke completly and so did brad berry.

William Gates is resigning in 2008 after being the chief software developer for about 15 years.

Stated in his reasons are he is fed of having such a large market share and feeling a dominator. He also feels that the markets he deals in are getting clogged. But still the point - hes still the richest man in the world by far. Dont see any higo kogjima or however you spell his name on the rich list do we!

Acordian boy - do you know anyone who uses the ps2's service cos i dont yet i can name loads of people who i know personally who have xbox live.

Also i dont know anyone who has heard of red falcon or indeed anyone who owns it

Kaine oh yay i can have my ps3 custom build so by the time ive put an extra 128 mb ram in there it would cost me more than an alienware computer.

Blu-ray will fail - you watch

stotheamuel
June 19th, 2006, 23:04
hmm i know more ppl on ps2 for online cuz we dont like spending money

i own red FACTION (seriously you don't need to mispell it to diss it, you can read it then retype it correctly)

Napalm-Death
June 20th, 2006, 02:40
Hideo Kojima....doesn't need to be on the richest man list. AT LEAST HE DOESN'T GET SUED BY PEOPLE EVERY YEAR.
I use Sony's online service, all xbox live is used for is broken DOA and Halo. Hooray for sucky games!!
Red Falcon...? Are you seriously trying to piss everyone off by spelling names wrong? I've played Red Faction, and I agree, Halo is a ripoff.
Blu-Ray won't fail, watch. HD DVD will fail. It's bound to be like Windows...full of problems.

Accordion
June 20th, 2006, 07:35
woohoo for red faction

another point
microsoft and xbox emcompasses all that is wrong with america!.

and nickcarswell if by higo kogjima you mean hideo kojima, then firstly you know nothing about gaming, because hes the guy who created metal gear, and is not part of sony. he is however one of the most(he is at the top in my opinion) influential figures in gaming.
oh and tell me how many original games have appeared on xbox....... 360 is full of fps and the most generic rpg ive ever seen! and am i right that to play online you need to pay? how much extra cost is that?

i like to compare the xbox to a grey squirrel
and the playstation 2/3 as a red squirrel
get it

Accordion
June 20th, 2006, 07:37
heres some more great devs
Grasshopper

and the guys who did ICO and SotC

oh and jason rubin if he ever works again

Kaine.shutler
June 20th, 2006, 10:12
Carswell- You really have no idea. If you have ever played MGS, not by Higo Kogjima, but by Hideo Kojima, my favourite jap in the world, or if you have ever seen a demo for GOTP, you'd see that he is probably THE best games developer in the world, and he is rich enough to even open up his own company; Kojima Productions, based near enough entirely on the MGS series.

I myself have never played Red Falcon, because it doesn't exist, but I have indeed played Red Faction. It was out before Halo, of which Bungie Software (yeah, classy name) copied nearly every aspect.

You say MGS is crap and unrealistic, although quite frankly, MGS is the MOST realistic game on any platform, but Halo?! Press a button and you jump 50 foot in the air. Shoot someone and green goo comes out. The only thing Halo is good for is to kill some Americans.

And my PS2 does play all games well. It's not like 360 is invincible, many had to be sent back due to dodgy fans.

And one more thing- name one computer for less than £425 that has better games and better graphics than PS3... Didn't think so.

jimjamjahaa
June 20th, 2006, 13:09
wow this is a turn up for the books

everyone is rooting for sony here. i thought that was unfashionable these days?

whoever said bill was resigning because of vista/ps3 or whatever really, really doesnt have a clue.

for one, he's not resigning for another 2 years. for another, this decision was made years ago, just not announced. bill rly doesnt do alot in microsoft anymore, and it wont effect them much. he stopped being a programmer ages ago coz hes not rly that great at it, hes just a great buisnessman.

Kaine.shutler
June 20th, 2006, 16:39
Meh! As long as I get my PS3 and all the 360s in the world blow up, i'm happy.

tsurumaru
June 20th, 2006, 17:01
i like to compare the xbox to a grey squirrel
and the playstation 2/3 as a red squirrel
get it

This is rather unfortunate as red squirrels are being pushed towards extinction in the UK due to their more intelligent and adaptable grey cousins...

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/News/Releases/2006/02/27104817

"The main cause of decline of the red squirrel is the spread of the grey squirrel Sciurus carolinensis, which is native to North America."

Zomg is Bill Gates behind this too??? :p

Kaine.shutler
June 20th, 2006, 17:25
There is this website that tells you how popular certain search criterias are:

Google Battle

Google Battle measures which of two terms has a higher Google rating by searching for term1 OR term2 and then counting the hits of either in the returned top 100.

The current implementation only searches the snippets returned by Google; otherwise the whole thing would take a lot more time.

There are a number of implementations out there that just show you the number of 'hits' each term has and declares the one with the most the winner. It think the OR approach makes more sense; by asking Google to provide us with a list that contains either keyword, Google with indirectly decide which keyword it thinks is more important. Therefore counting the number of occurances of the keywords in the resulting snippets makes sense.

Here's the results for 'PlayStation 3 is gay' than opposed to 'Xbox 360 is gay'.

Google battle result:
playstation 3 is gay : 4
xbox 360 is gay : 6

Google never lies...

Accordion
June 20th, 2006, 17:40
grey squirrels are fat, ugly, greedy b*****ds as well
whereas red squirrels are proud, athletic, beautiful

ElRazur
June 20th, 2006, 18:45
DOWN WITH MICROSOFT... HIEL SONY!!!

All I can say is that xbox 360 will not have as good as graphics, and no good games.

With PS3, good games, better graphics, bigger hard drive, and mabley even a better online service!!!
So what do you have to say now bunny assassin?

Quoted for 90% truth and 10% fanboyism. lol

Kaine.shutler
June 20th, 2006, 19:31
Let's face it. Xbox is for fat, ugly people with no life. Like me, but I still refuse to surrender... HAIL SONY.

Also, can some more MS fanboys come along because we want to slaughter you.
Thanks.

Skye
June 21st, 2006, 01:43
Wow, you guys are a bunch of fanboys. I usually just buy all systems. I think the PS3 will be cool if Sony can live up to everything they say about it. Second I'll say that the Xbox 360 looks alot better aesthetically than the PS3. I'm not into completely curved consoles. But I do LOVE the fact that it will run Linux as an OS. It will be so nice to run emulators and such on there without hacking the consoles. By the way Xbox 360 does have some nice games such as Battlefield 2, and Oblivion, Geometry Wars, PGR3, and Condemed is pretty cool as well. Not to mention Street Fighter is coming out for live. I love Live on Xbox 360 aswell it has alot of cool features to brings friends gaming with you alot easier. I root for both consoles, but there are always those thick-skulled fanboys.

Napalm-Death
June 21st, 2006, 02:33
The Street Fighter for Live is another one of Capcom's famous SF2 rehashes. It's nothing new.

dtothabreezy
June 21st, 2006, 05:06
here is my opnnion on it i have an xbox 360 and i will say most games quality arent great bu that is over shadowed by games like fight night which is photo realistic for pepole who say ps3 will have way better games did you see e3 ps3 and the xbox have jus about the same games now it all comes down to first party games
me personally will not buy the ps3 the first day becuz it is out of my price range i will buy the wii becuz it is inovative and to tell all the fan boys out there if it all boils down to it ps3 and 360 are equall they cost about the same and they deliver the same quality before you say o well the ps3 gots a cell or the 360 has three processers look at e3 and tell me that you saw a real difference in quality and i dont see why no body carez about the wii i was impressed buy the way they decided to go a different route to every body elese basically what im sayin is dont get tied down with brand names or pepole becuz you cant judge a book buy its cover
god thats alot of writeing:D sorry for dat

stotheamuel
June 21st, 2006, 08:43
at dtothabreezy:

pretty good point. and about your wii comment.

I love the wii and will get one. But the title of this thread does say xbox360 Vs ps3

Accordion
June 21st, 2006, 10:32
metal gear solid 4 has captured my soul already
thats te only reason i need to get the ps3

Kaine.shutler
June 21st, 2006, 11:43
MGS4 is amazing. Did you know that you can controll Otacons robot thing with the PSP and use the screen as the robots vision!:) :) :) :) :) :)

And raiden kicks ass!

Cap'n 1time
June 21st, 2006, 17:51
rather have an xbox 360 and a nintendo wii...

Im hearing alot of "xbox users are fat" so i thought i would add "ps2 users masterbate to final fantasy characters." in an attempt to be equally immature... but more correct.

I really want a 360 for one reason at the moment. Oblivion. I LOVE IT. I LOVE IT. I LOVE IT. I LOVE IT. And my computer cant handel it. my once proud ati 9800 pro dosnt seem to have the juice I need.

And I want a nintendo because they remember that game machines are for games, not mass communication becons that cost hundreds of dollars.

And they cant buy my support with linux either... linux is ment to be ported by amateurs and kids in a garage with tons of wires and cables everywhere... and a c64 sitting proudly on display! so sony's version of linux will now be refered to as SIN SUX. cause it isnt linux. its a sin, and it sucks.

Accordion
June 21st, 2006, 18:45
and
more childish comments
and more
and more

wah wah wah

Kaine.shutler
June 21st, 2006, 22:05

Im hearing alot of "xbox users are fat" so i thought i would add "ps2 users masterbate to final fantasy characters." in an attempt to be equally immature... but more correct.

I really want a 360 for one reason at the moment. Oblivion. I LOVE IT. I LOVE IT. I LOVE IT. I LOVE IT. And my computer cant handel it. my once proud ati 9800 pro dosnt seem to have the juice I need.

And I want a nintendo because they remember that game machines are for games, not mass communication becons that cost hundreds of dollars.

And they cant buy my support with linux either... linux is ment to be ported by amateurs and kids in a garage with tons of wires and cables everywhere... and a c64 sitting proudly on display! so sony's version of linux will now be refered to as SIN SUX. cause it isnt linux. its a sin, and it sucks.

Us playstation fanboys don't masturbate over final fantasy games. Maybe it's a past recalition?

Even if we did, it's no where near as bad as what MS fanboys do. It's descusting! Inserting your floppy into an A: drive. Damn right disturbing. God forbid you...

Cooe14
June 21st, 2006, 22:23

That post is perfect. I totally agree.

Cap'n 1time
June 22nd, 2006, 01:30
http://www.iomega-europe.com/eu/img/online_shop/products_l/floppy_drive.gif
microsoft porn...

Kaine.shutler
June 29th, 2006, 22:45
http://www.iomega-europe.com/eu/img/online_shop/products_l/floppy_drive.gif
microsoft porn...

Lol. Its true...

JollyJoe
June 29th, 2006, 23:08
Whatever happened to buying whatever you wanted to buy and forget what somebody else is doing.

Seriously,why should anybody have to justify what they are buying to someone else.

Gizmo356
June 30th, 2006, 00:28
fight fight fitght fitght