PDA

View Full Version : Daedalus Pre R5 Source Code Compiled (N64 Emu for PSP)

wraggster
June 11th, 2006, 01:43
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/mario64works.JPG

StrmnNrmn (http://strmnnrmn.blogspot.com/) released his source code this week to his Nintendo 64 Emulator for the PSP and today psdonkey has compiled the source and added a new eboot icon and eboot sound and background , this isnt an official binary release so there may be bugs etc, but it can be downloaded to see whats new etc.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Check out our Daedalus Compatibility List (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23616)

Remember that StrmnNrmn and PSMonkey are the real deal when it comes to legit N64 emulator coding but donkey is a person who was banned from dcemu because of his constant lying etc.

shadowprophet
June 11th, 2006, 01:48
I strongly protest anything psdonkey.
I knew about these yesterday, and hoped they would never see the light of day on this site :(
Sigh. Its out of my hands now.

felonyr301
June 11th, 2006, 01:51
ill just wait on the official one but whats wrong with psdonkey seriously can you fill me in shadow havent been hanging around as much lately here but would like to know....

Video_freak
June 11th, 2006, 02:02
i too am waiting for an official release... i got all excited when i read the title...:(

shadowprophet
June 11th, 2006, 02:07
ill just wait on the official one but whats wrong with psdonkey seriously can you fill me in shadow havent been hanging around as much lately here but would like to know....
Im going to post this. It only seems fair, staff.

Psdonkeys history, is a very strange one.
About the same time psmonkey (*who is the real deal by the way ,a very talented and nice coder not to be confused with donkey)

Donkey made many promises about a fully working N64 emu. People waited and waited and finely the time donkey had quoted to produce a working N64 emu was long over due. People began to ask questions about the validity of Psdonkeys Claims.
Donkey retaliated to this flow of questions.
by creating several fake accounts on this site in an effort to drum up false support a claims of his validity.
This lead to even more questions and some flaming on donkeys part. He acted very childishly. And then Flamed a few members harshly.
among the flames where these comments as well.

(My claims of a working N64 emu are completely true. just ask such and such people. they have completely working beta copies of my emu and will back up my claim! however since there are so many doubters in my skills ive decided to finishes this emu and only give to certain people. and out side of these people everyone else can just kiss my ass.)
Those where psdonkeys words.
And now he is compiling Sternrnmns source to make a pre R5. Which to me only solidifies the fact that Donkey never had an n64 emu of his own.
I view psdonkey as a loose canon. he's a proven source code thief. and delights in attention and scandals. I wouldn't put it past the man to create damaging homebrew. However. This is just my opinion.
I don't trust donkey. Not at all.

wraggster
June 11th, 2006, 02:19
yeah its one reason i didnt link to him, hes a pure idiot who spammed here to high heaven, but i only linked to the real author.

KerryKing
June 11th, 2006, 02:20
mario 64 looks awesome so far everything Ive seen looks right

gunntims0103
June 11th, 2006, 02:32
na bro i would wait for the officail release only lord knows if psdonkeys gonna take revenge on us all en brick our psp's with his super n64 virus..........lol i just feel more comfortable waiting for the officail release

wraggster
June 11th, 2006, 02:34
StrmnNrmn did all the work, donkey just compiled it and stuck some icons in, even i can do that,

shadowprophet
June 11th, 2006, 02:36
Hey ShadowProphet, under your name it says Rant master and I agree. Give credit to people who deserves it. PSdonkey did all of us a big favor by compiling the source code for us. He also stated that he made some minor improvements to the source code as well to increase speed with the games. I do notice games play faster then they did before. Go read StrmnNrmn's blog and you will see what PSdonkey has posted over there.
Wraggster, You should put in your article that PSdonkey made some improvements to the source so that the games rum faster then before. You should also give credit to people who deserves it. Go read strmnnrmn's blog and you will see that no one else could compile the source and got lots of errors. PSdonkey fixed the errors and compiled the code for everyone and also made some speed improvements to the emualtor.
ANd for the record Psdonkeys source is that of StrmnNrmn's, and Donkey in my own words gets more credit then he deserves already.

gunntims0103
June 11th, 2006, 02:40
yea with strmnNrmn's release about to come out i guess psdonkey wanted to feel cool and wanted to feel like he can take sum credit wen the new release comes out i on one hade refuse to download this i will promptly wait for the officail release to come out

Shadowblind
June 11th, 2006, 02:45
StrmnNrmn did all the work, donkey just compiled it and stuck some icons in, even i can do that,

Even some of the best programs cannot tell if there is a virus or not.

As for the "enhancements" that only makes me NOT wanna play this even more.

shadowprophet
June 11th, 2006, 02:46
Wraggster, you don't got your information correct. Not only did PSdonkey compile all the new source code that everyone else was getting errors with, but PSdonkey also IMPROVED StrmnNrmn's source code by enhancing the source to play roms FASTER. You should really make sure you understand all the information and re edit your thread in the main page to give credit to PSdonkey for improving StrmnNrmn's source code to run games faster. That emu will only run mario 64 and tennis. And while at a good speed it runs them buggy.
Other then those two roms, nothing else is supported.
And this is some type of improvment over the offical release?

Tonx_9
June 11th, 2006, 02:48
this has nothing to do with n64 enulators but does anyone know why my psp wont connect to the pc, even my brothers psp wont connect. but its only connected once or twice in like 4 months. im really missing out on hombrew and emulators.PLZ HELP!!!!!

shadowprophet
June 11th, 2006, 02:58
LOL @ ShadowProphet. Dude, get your facts straight before you start your rant. I just played many N64 games with this build and ALOT of games work much better. i also played StarFox64 and completed the ENTIRE training course in that game. Get your inforcorrect before you make guessing posts By text book definition. What your doing is concidered trolling dont you?
But ill overlook that now. as I want for somone to present proof that this emu is somehow (improved) And for the record this wasnt a guess. I studied this emu 24 hours before it was even posted here. This Psdonkey verion is complete rubbish.

Edit. That wasnt me that banned the guy:eek:
lol but it was funny tho lol

OMG!! It was psdonkey!!!
rotflmao! hahaha

Priceless!!:p:p:p

Shadowblind
June 11th, 2006, 02:59
this has nothing to do with n64 enulators but does anyone know why my psp wont connect to the pc, even my brothers psp wont connect. but its only connected once or twice in like 4 months. im really missing out on hombrew and emulators.PLZ HELP!!!!!

Make sure the connector cord isn't damaged or split.
Have you noticed anything else wrong with your PSP?

P.S. Try putting this topic in a different thread...

gunntims0103
June 11th, 2006, 03:04
gaydar calm down you gotta understand that psdonkey is a lier and have dun wierd things on this site (like false info that hes coming out with a n64 emu of his own)i dont trust em myself im waiten for the officail thing thank you very much dont worry shadowprofet we know wats up psdonkey tryin to take credit:(

Tonx_9
June 11th, 2006, 03:05
ok wat thread

shadowprophet
June 11th, 2006, 03:07
gaydar calm down you gotta understand that psdonkey is a lier and have dun wierd things on this site (like false info that hes coming out with a n64 emu of his own)i dont trust em myself im waiten for the officail thing thank you very much dont worry shadowprofet we know wats up psdonkey tryin to take credit:(
An ip search revealed that gaydar was in fact psdonkey lol
:p
Thats the funniest thing thats happeend to me all day lol
Priceless I love it :D:D:D

gunntims0103
June 11th, 2006, 03:08
ahahahahahahaha.........lmao.......laughin so hard im tearin my ribs hurt:D

babu
June 11th, 2006, 03:08
i don't know much about psdonkey past. but i have a simple solution.

since shadowprophet you studied the source for 24 hrs as you say, why don't u compile the source and see if there are any speed improvement. If there are none then what psdonkey or what ever his names is, has said about enhancement is false and you have the right to rant. On the other if you do see speed improvment then u must give psdonkey his props for the modification he did.

Also if for some reason you can't even compile the source code then again that donkey fellows gets his is due for compiling.

peace

Kaiser
June 11th, 2006, 03:09
An ip search revealed that gaydar was in fact psdonkey lol
:p
Thats the funniest thing thats happeend to me all day lol
Priceless I love it :D:D:D

I've dealt with both his accounts. :D

Its like he was never here.

shadowprophet
June 11th, 2006, 03:12
I've dealt with both his accounts. :D

Its like he was never here. i was hopeing someone would.
It would have been in poor taste tho for me to bann him since I was in mid debate. lol :D

You rock kaiser :p

felonyr301
June 11th, 2006, 03:14
wow i see what you mean about psdonkey wow man wow thats crazy im loss for words anyways thanks for the heads up shadow now waiting gratefully for the official release...

gunntims0103

since shadowprophet you studied the source for 24 hrs as you say, why don't u compile the source and see if there are any speed improvement. If there are none then what psdonkey or what ever his names is, has said about enhancement is false and you have the right to rant. On the other if you do see speed improvment then u must give psdonkey his props for the modification he did.

Also if for some reason you can't even compile the source code then again that donkey fellows gets his is due for compiling.

peace
hey your psdonkey stop makin false acconts......lol:D kiding:p or am i:)

Video_freak
wow, i had come to the conclusion that raydar was psdonkey and kaiser posts it 30 secs before me...lol

Kaiser
June 11th, 2006, 03:15

peace

He gets no credit. Its been proven and discussed.

Video_freak
June 11th, 2006, 03:16
He gets no credit. Its been proven and discussed.

amen to that. :)

gunntims0103
June 11th, 2006, 03:16
wow i see what you mean about psdonkey wow man wow thats crazy im loss for words anyways thanks for the heads up shadow now waiting gratefully for the official release...
yea thats best everyone should just wait for the official release:D

Kaiser
June 11th, 2006, 03:21
I'm actually very pissed off how Donkey is getting some credit for this release. That idiot is a disgrace to the PSP scene and deserves no respect. He doesn't even deserve his name uttered on the front page of any PSP site.

gunntims0103
June 11th, 2006, 03:25
I'm actually very pissed off how Donkey is getting some credit for this release. That idiot is a disgrace to the PSP scene and deserves no respect. He doesn't even deserve his name uttered on the front page of any PSP site.

amen:)

vettacossx
June 11th, 2006, 03:29
FIRST he tries to steal PSMONKEYS LIGHT now trying to ASSOCIATE himself with STRNM I BET IT BRICKS YOUR PSP......spread the word DONKEYS A TERD.....LMAO DOWMLOAD THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK

gunntims0103
June 11th, 2006, 03:30
tru dat^

PSd0nkey
June 11th, 2006, 03:31
Alright, Listen everyone. I am the real PSdonkey. I was not that other person GAYdar and you can check my ip address to verify that I am the real PSdonkey from before. Whoever that GAYdar person was, he isn't me and double check his ip address if you don't believe me. It's funny how when someone sticks up for me, they are branded as me trying to come in as another user name. I am pretty sure that I will be banned after this post I make and it is ok. I just wanted to clear somethigns up. Yes I did compile StrmnNrmn's new code and made a couple of MINOR changes to the source to speed some thiings up. However, if you read my original post at psp-hacks. com, I clearly state that ALL credit goes to StrmnNrmn for his work on this emulator. I just helped a few people out who wanted to try out the new source code of Daedalus and thats it. Yes i did make a couple of improvements to the code and removed a couple of errors from compiling the code but ALL and I repeat ALL credit for this emualtor goes to StrmnNrmn and no one else. Just like kaiser said, and i agree, I wish this news never came onto this website as I know I am not welcome here from all the past drama including with my brother. I am probably now banned so take care all and have a nice day

Zombo
June 11th, 2006, 03:31
wow I feel weird that I downloaded the emu...Man what a *******.

vettacossx
June 11th, 2006, 03:32
you post stalker u lol
guntims....lol
just playin :)

gunntims0103
June 11th, 2006, 03:34
Alright, Listen everyone. I am the real PSdonkey. I was not that other person GAYdar and you can check my ip address to verify that I am the real PSdonkey from before. Whoever that GAYdar person was, he isn't me and double check his ip address if you don't believe me. It's funny how when someone sticks up for me, they are branded as me trying to come in as another user name. I am pretty sure that I will be banned after this post I make and it is ok. I just wanted to clear somethigns up. Yes I did compile StrmnNrmn's new code and made a couple of MINOR changes to the source to speed some thiings up. However, if you read my original post at psp-hacks. com, I clearly state that ALL credit goes to StrmnNrmn for his work on this emulator. I just helped a few people out who wanted to try out the new source code of Daedalus and thats it. Yes i did make a couple of improvements to the code and removed a couple of errors from compiling the code but ALL and I repeat ALL credit for this emualtor goes to StrmnNrmn and no one else. Just like kaiser said, and i agree, I wish this news never came onto this website as I know I am not welcome here from all the past drama including with my brother. I am probably now banned so take care all and have a nice day

its happenening the opackalips bann him right now the post is burning my eyes........why are you makin it out lik we are the bad guys you were the one who lied and got your self banned in the first place you brought the drama not us:mad:

lol vettacossx good one:)

Kramer
June 11th, 2006, 03:40
this definetly shouldnt of made it onto the front page i knew this was gonna happen that's why i didnt submit the news

Kaiser
June 11th, 2006, 03:41

Seriously!?

You want me to check your IP address to prove to you your not Gaydar?

This coming from the guy who changes his IP address every-****ing-time he makes a new account. I'll tell you what I told you months ago. I'll gladly apologize banning you for the tenth time if you release some concrete evidence your not just some muppet. Don't even bring up chrisfile ("your brother" as you claim). I'm not going to ban you today. In fact Martin (The head of the Emulation 64 network) is going to do something much more severe.

shadowprophet
June 11th, 2006, 03:42
this definetly shouldnt of made it onto the front page i knew this was gonna happen that's why i didnt submit the news Now more people know about this. Give a donkey enough rope and he'll hang himself.
More people need to be educated about this guy.

thePavelish
June 11th, 2006, 03:44
ok.... 4 pages of posts.. not one relative to how the release actually is...

It seems to run Mario 64 bit faster then before, definately improvement =]

also tried Mortal Kombat 4 =o runs, texture glitches, hangs up on start of a match.

gunntims0103
June 11th, 2006, 03:46
ok.... 4 pages of posts.. not one relative to how the release actually is...

It seems to run Mario 64 bit faster then before, definately improvement =]

also tried Mortal Kombat 4 =o runs, texture glitches, hangs up on start of a match.

bro this is not the official release who cares how it runs for all we know it is probally slowly infecting our psp with the ebola virus:mad: just wait for the official release bet it will be better

Jonesyxxiv
June 11th, 2006, 03:55
When will we see the official release?

Joe88
June 11th, 2006, 03:59
He posted this at our site too
http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=30827&p=1
its completetly safe though, even though donkey has a rough history here just give it a chance. Its been tested already and the new version of the emu loads up.
I know most of you are against donkey. But no one is forcing you to use it.
So all you did was to come here and flame.

Shadowblind
June 11th, 2006, 04:06
ok wat thread

make a thread entitled: Help! My PSP won't Connect!

meatstick
June 11th, 2006, 04:09
Seriously!?

You want me to check your IP address to prove to you your not Gaydar?

This coming from the guy who changes his IP address every-****ing-time he makes a new account. I'll tell you what I told you months ago. I'll gladly apologize banning you for the tenth time if you release some concrete evidence your not just some muppet. Don't even bring up chrisfile ("your brother" as you claim). I'm not going to ban you today. In fact Martin (The head of the Emulation 64 network) is going to do something much more severe.
da da da*with heavy druming sound in back ground;)

NeoXCS
June 11th, 2006, 04:12
A donkey...is an a$$! :eek: So from now on I shall call him PSa$$! :D Seriously though, I'm not messing around with this until an official release. (Which I cant wait for as I'm sure most of you cant either :p)

felonyr301
June 11th, 2006, 04:18
wheres that release man lol.... im to impatient

mavsman4457
June 11th, 2006, 04:27
I was thinking about PSDonkey getting too much credit so I did a google of him and the first 4 results contained things telling PSDonkey to stop posting "lame crap" hahaha and saying that he never releases his own emulators. I was pleased. But then unfortunately I saw the fifth result which said "A complete guide on how to program C++ tutorial by PSdonkey" Boooooo. Good news though, the rest were negative.

Kaiser
June 11th, 2006, 04:32
He posted this at our site too
http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=30827&p=1
its completetly safe though, even though donkey has a rough history here just give it a chance. Its been tested already and the new version of the emu loads up.
I know most of you are against donkey. But no one is forcing you to use it.
So all you did was to come here and flame.

Hey, I don't doubt this is a good upload of the compiled source. I just don't think PSDonkey played any larger of a role other then simply making an icon and compiling the code (which is a simple task). But I suppose we'll have to wait until StrmnNrmn makes an official statement about what PSDonkey actually did.

Anyway, no more discussion of Donkey. Lets all just discuss this great emulator :)

mavsman4457
June 11th, 2006, 04:35
Kaiser, you make a good point. I respect you for not passing judgment on PSDonkey and waiting for what actually happened to be revealed.

PSmonkey
June 11th, 2006, 04:50
Guys. Ok just stop, all of you.

Flaming donkey is going no where and just bringing the inteligence level down to kindergarden.

Donkey,
Simple as that, Post the full source from you're rebuild. If you made changes to source then you are required to by strmn src license.

If it's just a straight up recompile, then there is no need to mention source changes (even if they are just to get the thing compiling and running).

Either way this does atleast prove a point that you have some form of understanding C++. I still think tho it was a bad choice to post (as you would not see me do this). It's bad enough how confused the scene is over strmn, me & you. This is just going to make it even worse as many (of the uninteligent kind) will think all of strmn speed up work is of your doing. This scene is rampant with the uninteligent kind.

CoderX
June 11th, 2006, 05:04
Monkey as a pre-school teacher, i feel you deeply under estimate the capabilities of five to six year olds.

Donkey is simply any idiot
Let’s not insult our youth by comparing them to donkey
:D

Kaiser
June 11th, 2006, 05:15
Okay this thread is going no where.

As far as what the real facts are, well time will only tell. We'll wait until StrmnNrmn releases a public statement about what was actually done in this contraversal release of R5. Closing a news thread is a thing we try to avoid but it is sometimes necessary.