PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation 3's PSN Will Get Premium Level Pay Subscription in 2010

wraggster
November 24th, 2009, 09:28
No price or details were mentioned, but PlayStation's Kaz Hirai says that a "premium level" subscription will come to the now free PlayStation Network some time in 2010. And by subscription, he means NOT free.

http://gizmodo.com/5411054/playstation-3s-psn-will-get-premium-level-pay-subscription-in-2010

VampDude
November 24th, 2009, 10:26
That is f**king lame... The PS3 was supposed to be the very console in which people want to play, one thing that makes people buy the games is that they can play online for FREE. It's one thing that drew me away from the Xbox 360, the Wii has FREE online gaming which Nintendo keep it FREE because it encourages more people to buy the console and it's games. If SONY follow the path of Microsoft of charging for online playability, after nearly three years of providing a FREE service there will be many angry PS3 gamers, most of which won't mind paying to play online for a game they have already paid for, but for the people like myself will think that the online gaming should come as part of the game and not an additional feature like with Nintendo and the small collection of online playable games (Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Smash Bros etc).

Justise
November 24th, 2009, 11:27
I don't care much about the premium membership, as long as they don't forget their free users.

Baboon
November 24th, 2009, 11:42
lol

nomi
November 24th, 2009, 11:59
Premium level membership is only for some new music and video store apparently... Almost all current features of PSN will still be free including Online Play..

Nomi

Shrygue
November 24th, 2009, 14:13
I hope if that's the case it better stay that way. Charging for online play later would be a big backward step for Sony.

Stew2000
November 24th, 2009, 18:56
If it's something like 15% off dl's and a faster dl speed it'll be worth it.

Eviltaco64
November 24th, 2009, 21:35
Don't **** this up Sony.