PDA

View Full Version : Cf Gen and new protections fw 6.10 +: an update coming

wraggster
November 24th, 2009, 20:26
News via pspita (http://www.psp-ita.com/?module=news&id=34114&view_reply=1)/pspgen (http://www.pspgen.com/forums/post1975912.html#p1975912)

With the arrival of new updated versions of the PSP system software, the 6.10 and the new entry 6.20, most users of the PlayStation Network have been excluded from the system because not provided with an updated firmware. Go Excluding PSP owners, which are virtually tied in to the store to purchase new content, new games on the market could put the old buyers face a dilemma: maintaining a custom firmware or jump on new titles. To overcome this problem the team GEN is already at work for yet another update of their CF 5:50 in January, as already happened in the past, will start games like this (including the new Tekken 6) without applying any changes to the file image or, of course, go to a official firmware. Yoshihiro also through the forums PSPGEN tells us that, consequently, will not be granted any type of Game Decrypter.
And please remember that even by doing this update, you can not access the Store.

sabernet
November 25th, 2009, 02:21
It's written in translationese. I'm having a hard time deciphering this.

So, they're working on a CFW that fools the PSN into believing you're up to date?

...but it won't allow you to download and use downloaded games?

Am I warm?

darkriku2000
November 25th, 2009, 03:57
No.

They're working on yet another update to the 5.50 gen-d (a 5.50 gen-e if you will) that will let you play games that require firmware versions 6.10 and 6.20.

However we will still not be able to access psn.

mike_jmg
November 25th, 2009, 17:19
Anyway is good to know they're working on it, I'm looking foward to it, since I really like Tekken 6 and can't hardly wait to be able to play it on the go

FireStag
November 25th, 2009, 23:33
Alright, I've been on his site for some time, and I've always wondered if someone could create a prx that fools the psp into thinking it has a certain firmware. I don't know anything about coding but if it could be done I would think it would be easier than creating a new CFW

symbal
November 26th, 2009, 00:58
Alright, I've been on his site for some time, and I've always wondered if someone could create a prx that fools the psp into thinking it has a certain firmware. I don't know anything about coding but if it could be done I would think it would be easier than creating a new CFW

You just changed the version.txt to spoof the fw but Sony's new fw stopped that, so just have to wait for new cfw.

NoQuarter
November 26th, 2009, 02:19
It would be wise of them to wait until after christmas and let the game companies make their holiday money. Piracy hurts the system, less incentives to release new games for the system. Besides let them release a bunch of games during the holidays with the new encryption, the they'll all be cracked when the new firmware comes out. If you like a game please buy it and support the company that makes it.

Don't get me wrong, I love custom firmware but not for piracy...
All of my ISO's I dump myself.
Man I remember the days of Yoshi's 2.0 downgrader and the dead to rights fiasco, kinda makes me feel nostalgic.