PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo's DS Lite launch party in New York

wraggster
June 11th, 2006, 22:10
News from Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2006/06/11/nintendos-ds-lite-launch-party-in-new-york/)

Wouldn't you know it, last night instead of going out and getting our social life on, Paul and I cruised over to Rockefeller Center to the Nintendo World Store for the official DS Lite launch event (it being the eve of June 11th and all). We heard people were lining up over 13 hours in advance to get their shiny white DS Lite -- though the fact that the first 100 buyers got a free copy of Brain Age and a carrying case surely wasn't discouraging a crowd.

Check out the many screens at the link above

Zion
June 12th, 2006, 00:04
You can make up for it tonight though Wragster! :D

danielmakana
June 12th, 2006, 00:58
Thats kinda funny because I too got a free copy of brain age and didnt have to wait in a line.:D

V3N0M
June 12th, 2006, 06:33
Oh man are the DS lites gonna be sold out all the time? Because i was planning on getting one in a week or so. Please tell me they are not going to sell out all the time... Are they?

emuking
June 12th, 2006, 09:08
no of course not in us they will only sell out in any store except eb games or gamestop or gamecrazy, everywhere else will have them in stock, i called a toys r us by where i live and they have more than 30 in stock LOL im getting one on monday the day after they come out LOL

emuking
June 12th, 2006, 09:08
i have an old red ds that im going to trade up

gsmumbo
June 12th, 2006, 17:48
wow. lol. I work at best buy and i know we have plenty in stock. in fact i bought one yesterday(sunday). and i got a free copy of brain age too. it was on the bestbuy.com homepage

scorpei
June 12th, 2006, 18:16
Why do I live in Europe :(.
I wish I was born in Japan :).
However life (school) sucks there.
I love Japan & Japanese, hmm, don't we all :D.

V3N0M
June 12th, 2006, 23:13
I don't. America all the way!...even if we have to wait a month before they come out with their stuff over here....LOL