PDA

View Full Version : PMP Mod AVC Version For PSP

wraggster
June 11th, 2006, 22:33
Jonny (http://jonny.leffe.dnsalias.com/pmp_mod_avc/index.htm) has released a new edition of his homebrew movie player for the PSP called PMP Mod AVC.

Heres the details:

This is a special version of PMP Mod. AVC video can be finally used.

A huge thanks goes to magiK (PMF Player author).

magiK have:

- unlocked the avc decoding api
- modified x264 to make the stream fully psp compatible
- followed/helped me with the decoding api

GREAT, GREAT, GREAT WORK magiK!

Some important operative notes:

Compatible streams can be created with x264, here are some commandline examples:
x264 --crf 25 -A all --level 3 --pictiming --aud --no-psnr --thread-input --progress --output out.264 in.avs
x264 --bitrate 512 -A all --level 3 --pictiming --aud --no-psnr --thread-input --progress --output out.264 in.avs

In the muxer you need to specify width, height and fps of the video.
I've patched x264 to write a file with this informations.
If the muxer find this file, informations here will be used instead of the one specified manually (so, in a normal situation, you don't need to specify those infos manually).

Atm max resolution is 480x272 (and width/height divisible by 16).
There is also a reduced set of options, compared to the original PMP Mod (the full set of options will be implemented in succesive releases).

It runs at 222mhz, av decoding is around 67fps! (mp3 decoding is responsible for this "slow" performance :)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Voltron
June 11th, 2006, 23:42
Soooo AVC video at full 480x272 PSP resolution?

This sounds too good to be true. I have been waiting for this for a long time. Lets see how it works.

Video_freak
June 11th, 2006, 23:43
YES!!!! i am sooooo glad i didn't update my 1.5 psp (which now does 2.5 thanks to dev hook)

felonyr301
June 12th, 2006, 00:16
ohh yess im loving this now thanks for the update more and more im loving my 1.5 psp and one question is there an app that is a good music player what i mean is that i hate the player in the psp so i want one that lets me have different playlists and stuff anybody knows?

Video_freak
June 12th, 2006, 00:42
sorry, i just use my ipod for music...

Zion
June 12th, 2006, 00:49
Great news! :p

Voltron
June 12th, 2006, 02:50
YES!!!! i am sooooo glad i didn't update my 1.5 psp (which now does 2.5 thanks to dev hook)

Yes. The new DevHook is bad A$$ indeed! Now 1.50 PSP's can be both 1.50 & 2.50 & play 2.60 games.

1.50 can do MORE than what firmware 2.00+ can now.

Long live 1.50

SSaxdude
June 12th, 2006, 03:12
Indeed, the new Dev Hook is amazing, but for some reason the mods don't want it mentioned. I think there is nothing wrong with it, and everyone should use it.
I have a question, how do you code videos for the AVC codec?

dthpsc
June 12th, 2006, 03:17
Wow... I was just talking about this the other day how I couldn't wait for full-res AVC support! Amazing work, I just encoded a video with the command line provided and it looks great (I'll play around with the settings tomorrow)... Keep up the great work (this is officially my favorite PSP software at the moment now)!

And SSaxdude, look up some tutorials on using AVISynth along with DGIndex for DVD movies, then use the command line provided in the first post to encode. I would explain it to you myself but it's getting late here...

Oh, and here are some (seemingly) simple requests for future versions that I would love to see...

*Sleep mode support
*Save playback position so that you can continue your movie from where you left off.
*Ability to jump to certain timecode in movie
*more friendly playback controls and GUI

GOOD WORK! (I hardly ever post to these forums unless its something that really excites me)

publicprivates
June 12th, 2006, 14:56
hmm... i cant encode anything. Someone please help.

felonyr301
June 12th, 2006, 18:52
yea i havent tried it yet but it seems like its not a easy as 1-2-3 by the looks of it

frequency
July 4th, 2006, 05:19
sorry the stupid question. but where is the program that does the actual encoding of the pmp avc file?