PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario war Character skins

shadowprophet
June 12th, 2006, 04:27
Once again Vettacossx brings us some light at the end of the tunnel, His latest creation? some Super mario war character skins!

Here is what he had to say in his email.

ALL OF THE SAME CHARACTER MODS IVE DONE FOR SMM CONVERTED OVER TO Super Mario WAR character skins. and a few extras 2 ....you just REPLACE the skins folder with the JMV skins and you will have ALL MY SMM MOD PACK CHARACTERS IN YOUR SMW!!! and for instructions ill attach a read me ( its also in the zip.

THIS IS AN ASSORTMENT OF REPLACMENT CHARACTERS FOR THE HOMEBREW GAME

SUPER MARIO WAR

THE CHARACTERS INCLUDE:
SONIC MODS
shadow
sonic
tails
knuckles
HALO
master cheif from halo
FF7 MODS
the chocobo FF7
the mogg FF7
cloud FF7
sepheroth FF7
SOUTH PARK
kenny (south park)
cartman ( south park)
AQUA TEEN MODS
shake from aqua teen
meatwadd from aqua teen
frylock from aqua teen
8bit from aqua teen
FF1 MODS
red wizard
white wizard
VI VI black wizard
MEGA MAN MOD
mega man only for now
SIMPSONS
bart only for now
CARTOON NETWORK MODS
courage the cowardley dog only for now

HOW TO INSTALL:
extract the content of the zip. and place the SKINS folder
in MS0:/psp/games/smw/GFX
you will be promted DO YOU WANT TO REPLACE SKINS FOLDER (because there is
already a folder named skins by default) YOU JUST CLICK YES....WHEN THE NEW
MODED SKIN FOLDER HAS BEEN PLACED WITHIN THE GFX FOLDER YOUR GOOD TO GO!!!
....so go HAVE FUN!!

to do this step by step:
plug in and activate your usb connection....ok now open the folder labled
PSP................then....open the folder labled GAMES.....YOU SHOULD SEE A
folder called SMW...
open that folder....ok...now do you see the FOLDER called GFX
......PLACE THE CONTENT OF THE ZIP IN THIS (--->GFX<----) FOLDER AND YOUR DONE

if you dont see SMW then download and re-install your Super Mario War....the
game is NOT included in the JMV MOD zip. THIS IS A MODIFICATION OF THE SKIN
FOLDER TO CHANGE THE APPEARANCE OF YOUR AVAILABLE CHARICTERS IN GAME TO THE ONES
LISTED ABOVE

thanks for using JMV MODS OF DCEMU / PSPNEWS.

We appreciate all vettacossx's work and hope he continues to keep renewing our homebrew scene with new characters, backgrounds, levels, and fun!

Download and give Feedback Via Comments

nightwinn
June 12th, 2006, 05:31
Nice add-ons. Do these work on the xbox and pc versions as well?

V3N0M
June 12th, 2006, 05:55
Very good vetta. Glad to see your so deducated to your work. Keep it up.

vettacossx
June 12th, 2006, 06:07
:) im a mod machine ....MOD MACHINE....lmao

THANX AGAIN SHADOW ;) your the BOMBDIGGITY BRO! i wish i could shrink you down to a sprite of the shadow prophet and his wiffle bat...I MAY YET!!!...lol

this one was actually quick i just converted some sprites over to SMW for a lil more fun!!! this week
thanks for the feedback ;) hope you guys enjoy :)
till next time .....
;) A LIL MEMBER BONUS ;)
IF YOU SEND A MAIL TO MY ADDY BELOW AND YOUR NAME HERE AT DCEMU SHOWING ME YOUR A MEMBER ILL SEND YOU A COPY OF MY JUST FINISHED NARUTO SKIN FOR SMW

Maxime.
June 12th, 2006, 11:44
Isn't my sonic mods sprites???!!
No problem for using them but don't say they are yours!..
http://smmedits.free.fr

mr_nick666
June 12th, 2006, 12:49
Great work Vetta! :D

Kaiser
June 12th, 2006, 20:39
Nice work on both your new mods. Keepit up Vetta :)

ExcruciationX
June 12th, 2006, 20:49
I love this!, good job Vetta!

vettacossx
June 13th, 2006, 02:47
Isn't my sonic mods sprites???!!
No problem for using them but don't say they are yours!..

ACTUALLY they are my own :) but i do know you did a gr8 SMM mod of sonic ;) but to be honest thats like ME SAYING SMW STOLE MY KIRBY OR LINK SPRITE..ROFLMAO...there obviously not MINE( sonic belongs to sega/nintendo...lol) HOWEVER I MADE THEM BY TAKING AN ORIGINAL SPRITE AND SHRINKING IT TO SIZE..so at best its MY MOD ...lol..but you dont OWN sonic eather bro....lmao...no offense i love your work 2 MODDERS UNITE as my buddy pspdemon would say ;)...most likeley you use a similer method ....but if you compare for example the original SMW from a few days ago ( wich contains both link and kirby.....they look EXACTLY alike....did they take there sprites from my SMM MINI PACK OF 20!!! ;) ....the ANSWER IS NO....but they most likeley DID use a similer method .....so try to keep in mind im 23 a modder who is also a college student for GFX desighn....lol.....these are original and guess what!!! THANKS TO YOUR MOD I GOTTA SAY IT MADE MINE EASIER TO DO BUT I DID DO ALL THIS WORK FOR THIS GAME MOD ;)
also this week i released
a PSPOOL MOD
PSPpool mod By Vettacossx - DCEmu :: The Homebrew & Gaming Network :: PSP Drea (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=133748#post133748)
a SMM MINI PACK UPDATE ;)
SMM mod pack - DCEmu :: The Homebrew & Gaming Network :: PSP Dreamcast Nintend (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26755)
SMW SKINS 22 IN TOTAL ( not including naruto if you mail me and your a member of dcemu you can get a copy early ;)
AND 100 Eloader Skins Pspdemon/jmv Mods - DCEmu :: The Homebrew & Gaming Network : (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26743)

pspdemon and JMV mods also released 100 eloader skins so we have been busy ;)
and we are all very proud DCemu members ;)

pspdemon THE MOD KING ;) http://pspdemon.dcemu.co.uk/
JMAN UMM KAY my eyes and ears and one of my close friends here at dcemu AND TECH SUPPORT FOR YOU 1.5 and 1.0 users jay is always lending a hand ;)
Mystery<-- ALL THE BEST THEME IDEAS COME FROM
EVERY MOD IDEA FOR THE SMM basicaly came from a long list of suggestions from mystery a gr8 member and friend

VettacossX ;) and well you guys know me im the guy who helps people get started with homebrew / modder/ YOUR HOMIE ;)...so now you know JMV MODS... we will be stalking your HB for a long time to come ......lol....well have fun guys untill next time ..and next update ;)
..peace your out :)

daren
June 13th, 2006, 03:00
Nice work

Maxime.
June 13th, 2006, 12:59
Erf... The pb is that our sprites are the same all over their pixels and mine aren't original sprites (little modifications).. But no problem, I like your ideas..
BTW Sonic become a ball when he jumps, he don't in smw.

the one and only
June 13th, 2006, 14:13
thanks heaps shadow and vettacossx and any1 else that is making this site just awesome,u guys rock

vettacossx
June 13th, 2006, 21:21
yea feel free to do what you want with anything you guys see here i dont care if you mod a mod of a mods mod..LMAO :D ..as LONG AS IT OFFERS REPLAY VALUE I SAY DO IT UP:p ;)....its all about the game experiance i hope you guys have fun...thats whats important.....but ive got to ask for some help from you guys... ;)...ive got a gr8 idea but its slpatted against a big brick wall..:( .lol :rolleyes: ..im at a stand still and im stumped so if you guys haave some ideas that would be awsome :) thanx in advance ... ;)...im looking into a few more projects ......hey maxim you wouldnt know of a good side scrolling 2d shooter thats mod-able would you????!!!! im looking into that ..;)...ive also started some reseach on getting a halo zero port WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH FOR THE PSP!!!!! but its hard to find a free coder....:( PSPDEMON said if he could find the time he would be intrested in help'n on the GFX side of things.. ;) but sadly theres not a ton of coder available..at least interested ones :(...so i want to MOD a 2d sidescrolling shooter... ;) to halofy it lol :) i have the halo zero sprites and im close with dobermann the creator he has stated that halo zero is PUBLIC DOMAIN (to use his own words) ;) but he also informed me of a bit of not so good news :( THIS HAS NO SOURCE HALO ZERO WAS MADE WITH A GAME CREATOR PROGGY.. ;( so it does not have a SOURCE it would have to be CODED from scratch for the psp :( any ideas bro ?

thanx in advance to any suggestions on this matter ive kinda hit a brick wall with so many modders are all about helping out but so lil coders want to write something from scratch when they COULD be coding something with an open source code ;(.....

Zion
June 13th, 2006, 21:25
Have you made any kirby or any other character mods Vettacossx?

vettacossx
June 13th, 2006, 21:35
lol yes but kirby and zelda are ALREADY PART OF SMW to begin with so i didnt port over the SMM kirby or link ...as it seemed pointless my sprites were the EXACT SAME FRAME AND SIZE just color modded a bit .....the original SMW DOES HAVE THESE CHARICTERS and to be honest they couldnt be much better than they are as far as the room there is to work with so if you havent played this game WITHOUT MY MODS PLEASE TRY IT UNMODED AS WELL THE CREATOR MADE AN AMAZING GAME TO BEGIN WITH AND I MUST SAY ITS MY NEW FAV ENGINE WHAT A FUN GAME!!!... so i really dont plan on RE-making any EXISTING charicters just adding to our list with a good variety..mostly you guys ideas ;) to give the game A BIT EXTRA...:D ....SMW charicters were the DEAD same as my kirby and link from my first SMM mod pack so there wasnt really any point in porting those sprites over .SORRY:( ZION :rolleyes: ID VERY HAPPILY:D PORT SOME NEW IDEAS IF YOU HAVE ANY i cant wait to catch guntims to let him know i did NARUTO he loves some shojen jump ;)...but thanks for the suggestions keep them comming guys :) .....
;) HOWEVER..
for SMM i made link, and kirby ,robot chicken, bart simpson ,stewy griffin ,and all three aqua teen hunger force charicters ( meatwad, frylock, and shake ) and various others ( 20 some in total ;) within TWO WEEKS OF SMM HB game release in my first mod pack release.. of course those have been updated since ..:)...( recently) these were just some quick mods nothing much really...

im trying to HALO mod dave knukem as we speak :) ive got the sprites done
(THERE ORIGINAL not the halo zero project ;) thats not even under way yet im kinda stranded with no coder)
:( but the problem is i cant seem to line up the top half and bottom half of the master cheaf ...lol....ill keep you guys updated on that but that one shouldnt be 2 far off ;) so keep your eyes peeled for a DAVE KNUKEM ( by deineska here at dcemu):D MOD
with a HALO theme..

;) what id really really like to get my hands on is a decent SIDE SCROLLING 2d SHOOTER that may take a lil time to do but man would it be a fat engine to work with ;)

V3N0M
June 14th, 2006, 00:09
Has anyone figured a way to get it to work on 1.5? (SMW)

vettacossx
June 14th, 2006, 00:20
JMANUMMKAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
ACTUALLY JUST GOT POSTED YESTERDAY HOMIE
yes they did just yesterday someone was nice enough to take care of that you can grab that right here :D :D :D http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26827 (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26827) :D :D :D
:eek: lol

ssbm_04
June 25th, 2006, 11:54
Cool game....

Sadly I dont have any friends who own a psp... So can't test the multiplayer.

vettacossx
July 1st, 2006, 07:02
JUST AN UPDATE: SMW MOD PCK vs2 IS DONE!!!!

UPDATED:
All the skins from previos mod pack now change colors properley :)

NEW SKINS:

YOSHI !!! ( my fav. ;) )
Metal Slug ( thanks to mr.nick 666)
Strobe Toad ( with strobing hat ;) )
(Dc-Homie) Goomba
Naruto beta skin ( still needs some work but very playable ;) )
Stewy Griffin

DOWNLOAD SMW vs2 HERE----> SMW skins vs2 (http://www.sendspace.com/file/mvlk23)
for now till its reposted right ;)

TailsLuigi
March 2nd, 2009, 18:17
Can you make Lloyd Irving (Tales) in super mario war (Skins)?

P.S.
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/reviews/561316_20040518_embed012.jpg