PDA

View Full Version : PSP Super Mario Wars Firmware 1.5

SmashinGit
June 12th, 2006, 14:00
Percival and PSP 3D (http://psp3d.com/homepage-news/8675-super-mario-war-v1-0-firmware-1-5-released.html) have just released the firmware 1.5 version of Super Mario War for PSP, a port of the awesome home-made Super Mario deathmatch game (think of it as a mix of Super Smash Brothers, with the items and actions of Super Mario) orginally developed by Michael Schaffer and Florian Hufsky. Just recently, we released Super Mario War for 1.0 (2.0+), but there was some minor coding issues which caused the homebrew game to be un-KXploitable, leaving 1.5 firmware users in the dark. We have fixed those problems and repackaged the release for all firmware 1.5 PSP owners to enjoy. Thanks for your patience, and have fun!
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

ENG
June 12th, 2006, 15:38
Trying it now.......it works hehe this game is crazy, thanks !

McGiggles
June 12th, 2006, 16:05
It works great BUT what the hell is wrong with the goombas...they are double for just one...its weird. o_0

Anyone else get this??

Man it stinks how the resolution is even lower, I hope they can crank it back up to the PC's standards. Some of my skins look like total crap lol.

Oh well, thanks for getting this working! :D

Zion
June 12th, 2006, 18:56
The game is cool :D

ExcruciationX
June 12th, 2006, 19:38
Awesome game! It's so addictive!

vettacossx
June 12th, 2006, 20:25
IF YOU WANT A NEW CHARICTER LINE UP FOR YOUR SUPER MARIO WAR! GO HERE AND DOWNLOAD THE MOD-PACK OF 22 new charicters! DOWNLOAD----> Super Mario war Character skins - DCEmu :: The Homebrew & Gaming Network :: PS (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26820)

have fun with this one its the best homebrew since smash bros GP and super mario mini! for shizzle.... ;)

Squidman
June 13th, 2006, 14:05
For all those who may ask in the future:

I have tried the "__SCE__" way of hiding the corrupt icon and the game will just crash the PSP so, don't do that, just throw the files in the game folder like any other game.

But if anyone has found a way to hide the icons, that wuld be very nice to know how they did it!:D

This game is freakn' addictive! I loved playn' it on my friends XBOX and I'm lovin' playn' it on the PSP!

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
June 13th, 2006, 19:04
sooooooooooooo AAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCTTTTTTTTT IIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! need to play..........aaaahhhhhhh......much better............................................ .....................................,soz i think i went too far............................................mus t play!!!!!!

Snaker
June 10th, 2007, 03:33
I'm having trouble downloading the Zip file?
Every time it finishes downloading, when I have to UnZip it says that the file cannot be read??
Can anyone help me?
THX

suikosource
June 10th, 2007, 14:49
does not work on my firmware.
maybe its because i have firmware 3.40 oe-a
i get the blue screen with error codes and saying my psp has just crashed.
can someone help me with this problem?

taiyoh
June 11th, 2007, 00:32
Can anyone get this to work on 3.40 OE?
Seems like a good game,but whatever happened to that ssb homebrew that was made at the dawn of PSP homebrew??:confused:

optimal
June 13th, 2007, 05:30
same thing happens to me, i have 3.40 OE-A

i wanna play badly. T.T

F9zDark
June 13th, 2007, 05:32
Do you guys have the kernel set to 1.5?

HumanIce
June 13th, 2007, 07:28
Do you guys have the kernel set to 1.5?
SMW was one of my favorite homebrews on the PSP, but I tried to make it work on 3.40 OE by setting kernel to 1.5, I didn't how to do it, so I got help from the QJ forum, but SMW crashes.. but quake works doing it..

Gold Line
June 13th, 2007, 07:57
WTF are you talking about?
SMW works fine on custom firmware

HumanIce
June 13th, 2007, 08:08
WTF are you talking about?
SMW works fine on custom firmware
didn't work for me, didn't work for taiyoh

Can anyone get this to work on 3.40 OE?
Seems like a good game,but whatever happened to that ssb homebrew that was made at the dawn of PSP homebrew??:confused:

parkermauney
June 13th, 2007, 22:15
Hm, works fine for me too. Maybe you guy's psp's are just retarded.

HumanIce
June 14th, 2007, 09:21
Hm, works fine for me too. Maybe you guy's psp's are just retarded.
yeah.. my PSP is kinda retarded..
also I have some button problem because I've played it for so long, I need to open my PSP and see whats wrong one day.. (like when I move the normal up and down buttons, the scroll thing under that always moves at it self in-game sometimes..)

Dafdon
June 14th, 2007, 21:00
Same Problem here i get a Bluescreen.
FW 3.40 oe-a

F9zDark
June 14th, 2007, 22:14
When you cold-start the PSP (from a total shutdown, NOT standby) hold the R button. That will boot you into Recovery Mode. Then select Configuration>Game Folder Homebrew and make sure 1.50 Kernel is selected.

As well, make sure Super Mario War is in the GAME folder, NOT GAME150. (thats how I have it setup and it works fine)

HumanIce
June 14th, 2007, 23:22
When you cold-start the PSP (from a total shutdown, NOT standby) hold the R button. That will boot you into Recovery Mode. Then select Configuration>Game Folder Homebrew and make sure 1.50 Kernel is selected.

As well, make sure Super Mario War is in the GAME folder, NOT GAME150. (thats how I have it setup and it works fine)
dude, I've done it. still this blue screen error, it did help quake for the PSP..

and for you guys that thought that I was retarded at the thread where I didn't know how to go to recovery mode, I'll just show you what was going on by showing you this text from kung pow..

- I don't understand.

- Of course you don't.
I'm speaking in riddles.

- That's kind of the point,
like a clue that will later make you go
"Oh, that's what he meant! Stars above!"

you guys were speaking in "riddles", when you were talking to me, I didn't understand sh**. my english is really not that good, I'm only 15, and I just started learning it about 4 years ago..

F9zDark
June 15th, 2007, 06:13
Maybe try recopying SMW to the memory stick? It might have gotten 'corrupted' by windows while copying.

stotheamuel
July 10th, 2007, 07:33
I got blue screen as well but i fixed it.
make sure they are named

whatever
whatever%

Not __SCE__whatever
or %__SCE__whatever

acid23
July 10th, 2007, 09:16
good game, works fine on 3.40oe, thnx...

golfer2000
December 3rd, 2008, 03:31
where do i put this firmware to game