PDA

View Full Version : Take-Two taking on the Wii

wraggster
June 12th, 2006, 20:47
With Nintendo managing to impress the knickers off pretty much everyone who ventured into its Wii booth at this year's E3, it's no surprise that more and more publishers are starting to jump on the wavy-remote bandwagon. Latest in line now, is Take-Two Interactive - of Grand Theft Auto fame.

Speaking as part of a post-earnings conference call to analysts and investors, the publishers CFO Karl Winters revealed that, "The reception this platform received at the E3 show, you know, is one that makes us take a real strong look at it".

It seems that games like Nintendo's own Wii Sports has convinced Take-Two that the Wii has potential as a platform for the publishers 2K Games sports range: "As we grow our sports business, there are opportunities with our sports games to extend them to the Wii system, particularly if you look at baseball where we have exclusive arrangement, as well as, you know, some of the other sports games, which would play extremely well on the Wii product, the nonlicensed league ones."

While it's unlikely we'll be seeing a GTA on Nintendo's next console any time soon, it's still good to see more support for the diminuitive little bugger. Take-Two's Wii sports offerings are expected to release in late 2007/2008.

Via CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=141319)

Edge Master
June 13th, 2006, 18:11
I hope nintendo make it this time if not were all screwed they are the only genuine games developers left.

Video_freak
June 17th, 2006, 18:19
GTA with the Wii controller would be awesome! think of all the possibilities!

BALL_SAC
June 24th, 2006, 02:08
I wonder if that means some GTA IV on the Wii. That would be cool. I could just definently see Rockstar porting Table Tennis to the Wii.

stotheamuel
June 24th, 2006, 02:15
I would highly doubt we'll see GTA on the wii

gta was supposed to be on the n64 at one point but wasnt accepted.