PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with connecting by USB

mr.N-Gage
July 26th, 2004, 17:03
Hey, guys. I really need help with connecting n-gage to PC. I have WinXP SP1 and i can`t connect my n-gage to pc at all!!! :'(
I connect my n-gage properly with few different USB cables (i have digital cameras which use the same cable). That means, of course that i also use the original n-gage cable...And nothing happens!!! I also tried to restart n-gage while it`s connected, restart PC... but the same s*** hapens again >:( . **HINT** I installed PC Suite I downloaded from nokia site and it wont see it when it`s started. Please, someone help me!!! I can`t pay the WAP because it`s too expensive so i must download everything wit my PC (that wouldn`t be a problem if I wouldn`t need Java installers in PC suite because if i transfer Java to n-gage (on MMC - long story) i can-t install it. PLEASE HELP!!! send answers on [email protected] Thanks.

krowstrife
July 26th, 2004, 17:48
you have to have a memory card
memory card has to be formatted
pc suite is for bluetooth not usb

mr strife to the rescue
put memory card in you ngage
go to tools folder then memory
click opitions ,then format mem. card
then hook to pc
via usb it should self decet (well if you have xp i guess) it will be a hard drive in my computer

iamzemasterraf
August 6th, 2004, 05:02
you do need a memory card to conect to pc via USB, pc suite needs bluetooth (but dnt wrk even when you have it), it says you need pc suite to install software for the n-gage series or any other symbian OS series60 phones, but you DNT! plug in via USB and copy the ".SIS" file to your phone memory card disconnect and run app manager on the phone to install, i am not sure if you can recive java games this way as i haven't tied yet! hoep it wrks, iamzemasterraf