PDA

View Full Version : Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift

wraggster
June 12th, 2006, 20:49
News from CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=141328)

You may have noticed that Justin Lee's new movie The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift is not long to debut, and with EA heading up a plush new PS2 racer to complement the film, first screens have just roared onto the grid to give you a first taste of the action

The movie sees hero Sean Boswell dodging a jail sentence to head to Tokyo and join his uncle, but naturally he soon gets embroiled in the underground world of drift racing and pink slip action. Expect the game to follow suit.

The screens certainly look to evoke FAF: Tokyo Drift's dark neon lit-street raceways and, with a pronounced emphasis on drift mechanics and gameplay, you'll be power sliding around those neon bends with abandon. Of course there'll be a huge number of customisation options for your favoured racer, 1-2 player split-screen play and 1-4 player online play for PS2, but we have to hope the 'Advanced Rubber Band AI' system doesn't refer to the way you power your car.

.The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift is set to debut on PS2 and PSP imminently and, with old racing hands Eutechnyx behind the wheel, it should do the movie's racing action extreme justice.

Screenshots at link above

felonyr301
June 12th, 2006, 22:25
this movie is going to be so riced out next thing you know on the 10 o clock news teenagers killed by performing what the japanese called drifting ohh god...if you really want a good drifting video watch initial D anime episodes and movies and also watch the real life version that came out right now and there is the real thing,,, best motoring when they do "touge" if ya need more info just pm me im a car nut...

Stew2000
June 14th, 2006, 09:09
lol. If people get killed on the road it means they can't drive so they deserve to die :D

anyway..It might be a good game if they keep the graphics to an acceptable level. not like 50 cars that are low poly.

Physicist
June 14th, 2006, 12:42
It's lame. Yet another "underground" racing game for the juvenile delinquents of the world to throw away their parent's money on. This is quickly becoming as annoying as the football games. Lets look at what's to come next: FIFA 06? 07? 08? When will it end?!?!?!
"The Fast and The Furious: deep southwest yokel racing" I am happy when someone dies re-enacting these stupid things, if enough people die then they might not release any more.

mr_nick666
June 14th, 2006, 12:48
It's lame. Yet another "underground" racing game for the juvenile delinquents of the world to throw away their parent's money on. This is quickly becoming as annoying as the football games. Lets look at what's to come next: FIFA 06? 07? 08? When will it end?!?!?!
"The Fast and The Furious: deep southwest yokel racing" I am happy when someone dies re-enacting these stupid things, if enough people die then they might not release any more.

Some would say youre a bit right wing!! :o

I like the idea of Deep Southwest Yokel Racing though! :)

Like has been said - if they have decent graphics and gameplay rather than just car quantity it could be good :rolleyes:

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
June 14th, 2006, 17:15
FIFA will never end until we die

homebrew boy
June 17th, 2006, 03:34
just got back from the movies and what a movie.there is a flaw sean moved with his father not his uncle.

Zion
June 17th, 2006, 03:39
Great! :p